SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
It occurred to me that the jurors who thought there was physical abuse could have thought it was from her parents and not Travis.
To me that would make sense in her poor judgement in men, hopping from one to the next, etc.

I've been sorta following the Kelly Soo Park trial which is currently in verdict watch.

Los Angeles.

I've also been reading up on the Stephanie Lazarus trial and conviction. Talk about justice delayed. She's the former LAPD detective convicted of the brutal murder of a nurse who had married her ex-boyfriend. She stalked her and the woman's parents were convinced from the get-go she was involved but LAPD believed it was a robbery gone wrong. It was a 24 year old cold case solved by a DNA match with a sample taken from a bite mark on the victim's arm.

48 Hours did a show on the case - it's excellent!

ONE OF THEIR OWN

One of Their Own - 48 Hours - CBS News

here's another great article about the stephanie lazarus case, if anyone cares to read about it:

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2012/07/lapd-lazurus-murder-mystery-killer

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 1m

5 years ago today, #JodiArias stole the gun used to kill Travis in cold-blood.
---

Really sad isn't it? The CM was well into her plans by this time.

Thank You. Dates I will never forget are the date that Caylee Anthony was murdered by her mother on June 15th.. the day of the verdict on July 5th.. and the dear sweet angels birthday for ever on August ninth.

God is not finished yet!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

ETA corrected the 15th description

Ok, I'm :53 seconds in and the "I'm a trained dancer" already has me laughing. Oh this is going to be good. I'm just at the very beginning of learning about this case, and can't wait to dig in to it. Thanks for this teaser :)

Okay we need some music to go with this! How about the song "you ain't seen nothing yet! "A great song to go with teaser I should have posted that! :D

Joseph Galfy Jr. New Jersey
Not sure it will be a BIG case but I'm sure nobody will be dissatisfied by a wildly bizarre defendant. The accused is Kai "the hatchet wielding hitchhiker", his moniker earned when he was hitchhiking and the driver stopped, or rather ran his car into a female victim. The driver jumped out and started beating the woman, and Kai saved the day by hitting the driver in the head with his handy hatchet. But that is a completely unrelated event in the crime he is now accused of...

See aren't you looking forward to this one now... :blushing:

I think it will be a nice break from jodi and Zimmerman... Not getting sucked into Zimmerman here...

:lol: are you from NY/NJ? I'm guessing the news of this hasn't traveled very far. I've only heard small mentions in passing so I'm clueless over what this is all about!

As for Zimmerman...I'm with you. I'll follow it, especially since my bestie lives in Fla., but that case is going to be bad, bad, bad, bad. You can tell already., its gonna get ugly.

Wow. Sneiderman is quite the character. Wonder how far I am from her town. May have to follow this trial.

Ok, I'm :53 seconds in and the "I'm a trained dancer" already has me laughing. Oh this is going to be good. I'm just at the very beginning of learning about this case, and can't wait to dig in to it. Thanks for this teaser :)

That link hooked me too. Watching her, I'm more interested in this Rusty fellow who was in thrall to this unattractive, overbearing psycho. I can so see her scowling face looking down at James Caan's already broken legs and taking aim with her sledge hammer.

How about a third option. Instead of getting hooked on Travon stuff that is on HLN, look at some videos of Andrea on the stand during her testitimony during her co conspiriators trial! It will hook you. She lies just like JA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will now recognize it from our JA experience.

Quick background - (before I forget...ALL IS ALLEDGED as follows) she dated boss/boss and her had "secrect"affair/boss (at General Electric) wanted to marry her/they conspired to kill husband/first attempt to do it by gas meter...Hemy was caught and chased by husband Rusty/days later Hemy and Andrea met at her house, next am Hemy went and killed Andreas husband Rusty with a gun as Rusty was dropping of their son at the boys daycare/She called family and said Rusty was shot BEFORE ANYONE TOLD HER how her husband was killed.

Lots lots lots lots more that is unreal.....another Jodi...but interesting in that the prosecutor is like we think of Dt. Flores.....not Martinez

In this video, she starts to turn into the sociopath she is at about 6:30....if you don't have time to listen to it all of 21:00 video here, at least fast forward to that!

Andrea Sneiderman on stand in co conspirator trial

Here is WS thread again... Andrea Sneiderman Wesbleuths Thread Trial begins July 29th

There is a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly good 2 minute clip but don't have time to find it right now, others may now. But she absolutely looses it on the stand! :floorlaugh:

HTH. (This is the end of a public service notice and advertisement for another WS thread for a trial to start on July 29th, lol)

Oh she's weird.

I think you have some valid points, as to why some jurors showed leniency... I bolded your statement from above that I agree with.

Although, I don't personally feel this way at all... this was a one person crime with a very unfortunate, vulnerable victim.

This goes back to a previous post (can't remember who posted it now) about critical thinking being absent amongst many people today. I totally agree that critical thinking is not used nearly enough.

Let's apply some critical thinking right now...

JA is adamant about abuse from Travis, but has no proof of it whatsoever.
JA is an admitted avid photographer who doesn't go anywhere without a camera, and we've seen the pics to prove that.
JA has kept a diary for many years of her life, and we've read the pages to prove that.
In all other facets of her life, she has DOCUMENTED everything. She has documented real stuff, and she has documented fake stuff (lying in her diary after the murder).
The only exception to her documentation is MENTAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE FROM A PEDOPHILE.
Does that make sense to anybody?

JA has never once in her life taken responsibility for anything. Why in the world would she cover up abuse from a guy who tried to kill her?
Because she's a good person? Really???
This is as brilliant as Casey Anthony allowing her father to dump her daughter's dead body in the woods because she accidentally drowned.
I mean come on... I feel like I'm on another planet.

Not only would I have to throw out all of my critical thinking to believe this, I would also have to be mentally impaired to believe this. I don't mean to be offensive, but really. There is no appropriate thought process here.

Jurors need to sit down and draw out the mental path of what they are being asked to believe. It's clear to me that many don't do that.

excellent post Lisa, you make a very good point IMO

bbm

When one says they *can* give the death penalty, is it written somewhere that regardless of what THEY, the jurors, (and they're the only ones who count, the ONLY ones) say, which is that they would carefully weigh the evidence and make a decision, that they MUST render a death penalty? Is there a rule that says THEY (not posters, jurors, there is a difference IMO) MUST render the DP, regardless of how THEY viewed the case or evidence?

I thought that's what the penalty phase was for, or else why even bother? From many of the comments here it seems like the death penalty should work as so:

No deliberation needed, you said you "could," but to us that means you MUST.

I for one am glad it doesn't work the way many here seem to think it should. Jurors opinions are the only ones that matter and opinions are personal and therefore unassailable. And the death penalty is mostly an opinion, or else, again, why bother. Give it to everyone.

The ONLY problem I would have with someone who didn't give the death penalty is if they lied to get on the jury just to derail the process. But that hasn't been shown, most likely because it didn't happen.

I see no reason to criticize ANY juror, unless you were in that room and in their minds. There is no "they deserve it" just because one didn't like their verdict, their personality, their clothing or anything else. Nobody deserves this kind of treatment, especailly someone who did their civic duty for 5 months. That kind of criticism is classless to the max, IMO.

~Good Post Susie~

Thank-You :)

How about a third option. Instead of getting hooked on Travon stuff that is on HLN, look at some videos of Andrea on the stand during her testitimony during her co conspiriators trial! It will hook you. She lies just like JA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will now recognize it from our JA experience.

Quick background - (before I forget...ALL IS ALLEDGED as follows) she dated boss/boss and her had "secrect"affair/boss (at General Electric) wanted to marry her/they conspired to kill husband/first attempt to do it by gas meter...Hemy was caught and chased by husband Rusty/days later Hemy and Andrea met at her house, next am Hemy went and killed Andreas husband Rusty with a gun as Rusty was dropping of their son at the boys daycare/She called family and said Rusty was shot BEFORE ANYONE TOLD HER how her husband was killed.

Lots lots lots lots more that is unreal.....another Jodi...but interesting in that the prosecutor is like we think of Dt. Flores.....not Martinez

In this video, she starts to turn into the sociopath she is at about 6:30....if you don't have time to listen to it all of 21:00 video here, at least fast forward to that!

Andrea Sneiderman on stand in co conspirator trial

Here is WS thread again... Andrea Sneiderman Wesbleuths Thread Trial begins July 29th

There is a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly good 2 minute clip but don't have time to find it right now, others may now. But she absolutely looses it on the stand! :floorlaugh:

HTH. (This is the end of a public service notice and advertisement for another WS thread for a trial to start on July 29th, lol)

yep her flippant yep! what a bit--. wonder if she will testify in her own defense? she is scary. is this same prosecutor on her case? he was calm and she was going loco. moo

Oh yea, she's a hot mess! :partyguy2:

Wow. Sneiderman is quite the character. Wonder how far I am from her town. May have to follow this trial.

I do believe if I watch the Sniderman trial I will have to be under the imfluence.

There will be law students being trained via this defendant for sure. Wowza

For the trial..
Decatur Georgia ..downtown.. a suburb of Atlanta to east

bbm

When one says they *can* give the death penalty, is it written somewhere that regardless of what THEY, the jurors, (and they're the only ones who count, the ONLY ones) say, which is that they would carefully weigh the evidence and make a decision, that they MUST render a death penalty? Is there a rule that says THEY (not posters, jurors, there is a difference IMO) MUST render the DP, regardless of how THEY viewed the case or evidence?

I thought that's what the penalty phase was for, or else why even bother? From many of the comments here it seems like the death penalty should work as so:

No deliberation needed, you said you "could," but to us that means you MUST.

I for one am glad it doesn't work the way many here seem to think it should. Jurors opinions are the only ones that matter and opinions are personal and therefore unassailable. And the death penalty is mostly an opinion, or else, again, why bother. Give it to everyone.

The ONLY problem I would have with someone who didn't give the death penalty is if they lied to get on the jury just to derail the process. But that hasn't been shown, most likely because it didn't happen.

I see no reason to criticize ANY juror, unless you were in that room and in their minds. There is no "they deserve it" just because one didn't like their verdict, their personality, their clothing or anything else. Nobody deserves this kind of treatment, especailly someone who did their civic duty for 5 months. That kind of criticism is classless to the max, IMO.

We didn't need to be in the room with them. The JF told us what his thought processes were and what he relied on and what he rejected. He stepped into the spotlight and opened himself to criticism, negative comments, critiques, roses as well as thorns.

Regardless of how long they were impaneled, if the juror puts him/herself out on a limb, s/he should expect to have it sawed off behind him.

There are no sacred cows when it comes to public figures.

Chris Hughes thinks that's what happened too, based on his knowledge of Travis and his reading of every written exchange between Travis and the killer. The only reason why I have doubt about this is that I can't imagine why he would have allowed her to take photos of him nude on June 4, even with his own camera, if he knew she was capable of blackmailing him with evidence of their sexual encounters.

He was always forgiving her. He was still having sex with her after her slashing his tires, peeping in his windows, breaking into his house all the time, etc. We'll never know why he kept forgiving her, but there's no question that he always did.

Personally, I think he wrote that letter not so much because of something worse that she did than she already had but that he was sick of her stalking, realized she was never going to go away on her own and this letter was just another tactic to try to be rid of her once and for all.

Being stalked is a very confusing thing as well as frightening and irritating. You try everything you can think of to make them stop and just go away, and the "really angry confrontation" is usually part of it and usually happens more than once. The only thing I found that finally worked after I tried everything including the "really angry confrontations" was to just run and hide for awhile until he finally gave up trying to find me and turned his attention to being obsessed with someone else. That was the one thing I learned about stalkers is that it really isn't anything about that one particular person that makes them so obsessed but that they just have a need to be obsessed with SOMEONE. Stalkers don't get over the person they were obsessed with, they merely transfer their obsession onto someone else.

I think you have some valid points, as to why some jurors showed leniency... I bolded your statement from above that I agree with.

Although, I don't personally feel this way at all... this was a one person crime with a very unfortunate, vulnerable victim.

This goes back to a previous post (can't remember who posted it now) about critical thinking being absent amongst many people today. I totally agree that critical thinking is not used nearly enough.

Let's apply some critical thinking right now...

JA is adamant about abuse from Travis, but has no proof of it whatsoever.
JA is an admitted avid photographer who doesn't go anywhere without a camera, and we've seen the pics to prove that.
JA has kept a diary for many years of her life, and we've read the pages to prove that.
In all other facets of her life, she has DOCUMENTED everything. She has documented real stuff, and she has documented fake stuff (lying in her diary after the murder).
The only exception to her documentation is MENTAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE FROM A PEDOPHILE.
Does that make sense to anybody?
JA has never once in her life taken responsibility for anything. Why in the world would she cover up abuse from a guy who tried to kill her?
Because she's a good person? Really???
This is as brilliant as Casey Anthony allowing her father to dump her daughter's dead body in the woods because she accidentally drowned.
I mean come on... I feel like I'm on another planet.

Not only would I have to throw out all of my critical thinking to believe this, I would also have to be mentally impaired to believe this. I don't mean to be offensive, but really. There is no appropriate thought process here.

Jurors need to sit down and draw out the mental path of what they are being asked to believe. It's clear to me that many don't do that.

But they did their "civic duty" so we can't question them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member