SIDEBAR #8- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this to be fact. We have live oaks here - our squirrels planted several live oaks in the middle of my shrubbery and flower beds...I love our squirrels too, don't get me wrong, now. But I want it all -- I want the squirrels to be happy and I want to be able to provide food for all of our birds, too.....

The birds just need to get up early;) when the worms are napping near the surface..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bigger questions is how are they going to find an un-biased jury unless they move this to the UK? Everyone I know in San Diego knows about Arias. Can you imagine Arizona?

I know - let's move the penalty phase to Afghanistan (snark). They don't particularly care for women murderers and could give a flying flip about her Survivor t-shirt (compliments of Nike), or her book club, or her recycling program. None of which will be of any use in her world of 1.

JMHO.

Mel

Send it to Texas!

What is the lady's name on dr d tonight that is part of behavior group ...she has long blond hair and said cmja is one of the most dangerous people she has ever seen? Thanks

Don't know her name but she also said that CMA was very dangerous because "she is hidden" in this little girl...That grabbed me...

I believe the DT gets the last word in the penalty phase since it's their client's arse on the line...

I guess after the first jury q in the penalty deliberation phase, if the judge had stressed more the importance of a unanimous decision, they could have spent more time and tried to get there.

You are absolutely right! Sorry I'm still bitter she did that allocution without oath and cross...:blushing: But you reminded me what did upset the cart. IMO when JSS had the jury come in to read the instructions she left off the previous day, it had to complicate their thought process on why they were getting them. I do not remember how she addressed the omitted instructions, but I know I just wasn't satisfied about anything going on.:floorlaugh:

Wow, I haven't followed that trial but have heard the gist of the story. I thought it just started, and she's already found not-guilty of manslaughter? What's JA phase?

She was so drunk, I wondered how this would end up. Was there a deal cut?

The bigger questions is how are they going to find an un-biased jury unless they move this to the UK? Everyone I know in San Diego knows about Arias. Can you imagine Arizona?

I know - let's move the penalty phase to Afghanistan (snark). They don't particularly care for women murderers and could give a flying flip about her Survivor t-shirt (compliments of Nike), or her book club, or her recycling program. None of which will be of any use in her world of 1.

JMHO.

Mel

They will find a unbiased jury. It just won't be in Phoenix or will be found easily or quickly. Unfortunately due to the saturation of the trial coverage it will also mean that by nature this next jury will probably be far more liberal than the last jury.

That is to say if they even end up going for round two. But if I were the State I would go for round 2. For a few reasons, it's sort of a no loose situation. No matter what they do it will end up costing the state more $$. If they offer Jodi a LWOP deal it still leaves the door open for Jodi to appeal to the courts to overturn the sentence and allow her to get parole one day. It's also not likely that Jodi will accept a LWOP deal. Based on her interviews she's recently done she believes she DESERVES a chance at freedom and wants her shot in front of a Judge to give her that chance to roam the streets again as a free woman (shutter). Also if they just give her life it's still up to the Judge to give her natural life and I'm not sure if Judge Stephens will give her natural life. I know most say it would be lunacy if she didn't but stranger things have happened.

Also if they go forward with round 2 I'm sure Jodi's defense will fall on their sword again and offer NO MITIGATION. Which is excellent for Jodi's appeals she can say no mitigation was offered on her behalf and any sentence could be overturned (unless Juan counters their "efforts" and calls her mother to the stand himself).

Basically I think the gains outweigh the losses in going for round no. 2. But we will find out June 20th what they intend to do.

Don't know her name but she also said that CMA was very dangerous because "she is hidden" in this little girl...That grabbed me...

Exactly. Called her BPD and psychopath. Would love to hear more of her views.

I am just grateful that dr d let the jurors answer questions. I actually enjoyed the show tonite ...always enjoy Mark.

You are absolutely right! Sorry I'm still bitter she did that allocution without oath and cross...:blushing: But you reminded me what did upset the cart. IMO when JSS had the jury come in to read the instructions she left off the previous day, it had to complicate their thought process on why they were getting them. I do not remember how she addressed the omitted instructions, but I know I just wasn't satisfied about anything going on.:floorlaugh:

Great thing about round no. 2 this time is that Jodi WILL HAVE to get on the stand. Otherwise they won't be able to bring in the sex abuse stuff in. And since it worked last time I'm sure they will bring it in again for round 2. But this time there won't be just a statement but a cross and Jodi will have to be under oath (like that matters to her anyway).

What is the lady's name on dr d tonight that is part of behavior group ...she has long blond hair and said cmja is one of the most dangerous people she has ever seen? Thanks

Can't remember her name. But she hosts a show on ID and it's called Stalked. Apparently she and Dr. Drew are going to do an hour special and discuss at length Jodi's stalking behavior and how dangerous she really is. It should be fascinating. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Totally O/T because I cannot invest a lot of energy into a new trial, but dang if Florida's sunshine law doesnt make it so freaking seductive. But I will say this.... Caryn Kelley is a perect example of why Ambien, Xanax, alcohol, and a bad attitude....just don't mix.

Don't even get me started the Zimmerman trial....but I do love seeing the motions in limine. Seriously, a case can be won or lost during one or more of the rulings on these motions. It's such a critical part of the trial pricess that most people never know about.

ETA| no reporter, journalist, host, or talking head should speak to marijuana impairment if they have no freaking clue, are not a toxicogist, or never copped a good buzz in college. IMO.

Totally O/T because I cannot invest a lot of energy into a new trial, but dang if Florida's sunshine law doesnt make it so freaking seductive. But I will say this.... Caryn Kelley is a perect example of why Ambien, Xanax, alcohol, and a bad attitude....just don't mix.

Don't even get me started the Zimmerman trial....but I do love seeing the motions in limine. Seriously, a case can be won or lost during one or more of the rulings on these motions. It's such a critical part of the trial pricess that most people never know about.

I say this all the time. Almost everything about trials are decided way before anything is ever heard by a jury. It's all about MILs and Daubert Motions.

Exactly. Called her BPD and psychopath. Would love to hear more of her views.

I am just grateful that dr d let the jurors answer questions. I actually enjoyed the show tonite ...always enjoy Mark.

Yep - I also think this stays in Maricopa County for Penalty Phase II. The potential jurors will be asked if they heard about the case and whether or not they can remain neutral in their decision. JMO

Meanwhile, CMA is locked up 23 hours a day in this with no AC:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/phoenix-az/85003/weather-forecast/346935

:drumroll:

Yep - I also think this stays in Maricopa County for Penalty Phase II. The potential jurors will be asked if they heard about the case and whether or not they can remain neutral in their decision. JMO

Meanwhile, CMA is locked up 23 hours a day in this with no AC:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/phoenix-az/85003/weather-forecast/346935

:drumroll:

But I'm absolutely sure that the defense will file a) motion for change of venue and b) a motion to sequester the jurors.

The first motion might be granted the second probably won't.

I think it's funny that we haven't heard from any of the jurors, other then the foreman, who wanted life for JA. And the foreman never even came out and admitted it, it is just assumed (correctly I am sure) that he voted that way. Even if they came out and didn't say how they voted it would be obvious just because they wouldn't admit it and of course the process of elimination.
The Juror on DD says that the reason they wanted life was because they believed that JA was verbally and emotionally abused by Travis. Maybe they are embarrassed that they bought into that? It is like the Anthony jurors. None of them, to this day, has been really vocal. I think one or two may have tried to justify their verdict but was met with such a backlash that they ran back into their cave.
I really would like to hear from the other three that wanted life. Not to condemn them but to try to see what they saw. How could 8 rational people (plus alternates it seems) have been so convinced that JA deserved to die and were not swayed by Travis's "abusive words" and these people, who were apparently older, not seen the big picture. BTW, I am older, too, and while in another context Travis's words could have been construed as abusive, when you looked at everything it was clear that this was a person at the end of his rope, who most likely was very betrayed by a person he had tried so much to help. His words about how she hurt him even worse then when his father died tell me that it was extreme whatever she did. Travis didn't seem like the type to exaggerate. When you look at all she did to him (and would ultimately do to him) his reaction was not that unreasonable, and certainly not justification for what she did.

But I'm absolutely sure that the defense will file a) motion for change of venue and b) a motion to sequester the jurors.

The first motion might be granted the second probably won't.

The defense might try for a change of venue but I don't think it will be granted.
They might try to sequester but that, too, IMO will be denied.

We have fun guessing, don't we?

If Hln hadn't pulled all the circus equipment down to Sanford ...I would be interested in watching live stream. Once the circus arrived it will quickly turn out to be a huge mess.

I have already read some of Mark E tweets with other attorneys on that case and I am staying far away from it.

The Zimmerman case

If Hln hadn't pulled all the circus equipment down to Sanford ...I would be interested in watching live stream. Once the circus arrived it will quickly turn out to be a huge mess.

I have already read some of Mark E tweets with other attorneys on that case and I am staying far away from it.

Sanford? I have a football head, sorry. And War Eagle!

It's been interesting listening to the jurors and alternates after the non-verdict verdict. Even though they didn't know everything we knew, most of them seem to be on the same page as most of us here. CMA is pure evil. Then, there were evidently some that believed the verbal abuse and mental abuse claims but they didn't fall for the physical abuse - goodbye broken finger in the popsicle sticks...
Well, unlike the physical abuse claims, and the pedophilia claims which had not one shred of evidence to support them, the verbal and emotional abuse accusations did have evidence which could have been interpreted as abuse when taken by themselves. Those weren't exactly love letters that he wrote and if that was all I saw I could see how some would see them as abusive.

Well, unlike the physical abuse claims, and the pedophilia claims which had not one shred of evidence to support them, the verbal and emotional abuse accusations did have evidence which could have been interpreted as abuse when taken by themselves. Those weren't exactly love letters that he wrote and if that was all I saw I could see how some would see them as abusive.

BBM - I just want a couple of examples that you refer to. TIA and IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member