SIDEBAR #8- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
:tyou:
Thanks so much for your warm welcome last night! It took me awhile to realize that my user name sparked a huge squirrel thread! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:
Happy to see so many squirrel people here!

Heres my abbreviated squirrel story (then I'll stop, promise!):

So I buy this funny sticker and slap it on my car one day. It reads "I have animal magnetism. When I walk outside, squirrels stick to my clothes." And THEN...IT STARTED HAPPENING! Well, not literally...but CLOSE! (Maybe it's a bit like CMja's "law of attraction" in action! :laugh:) I've rescued and released several and it's very rewarding. Everyone who knows me knows about the squirrel thing. I have this comforting and :floorlaugh: thought: After I die, my kids, family and friends will think of me and laugh EVERY time they see a squirrel.

I'm still UBER NEW here and don't know how to respond to people (pulling quotes etc.) so I'm acknowledging all of you here. THANKS and your input and squirrel stories and pics were great!!

Now I'm off to go read up on how to use this awesome site!
:seeya:

I READ SOMEWHERE THAT THE CAMERAS were already approved for the next phase of the trial, but can't find that now.
But WHO asked for this ? :

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
5/23/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 5/23/2013
5/23/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 5/24/2013
NOTE: MOTION TO UNSEAL JUROR QUESTIONS AND JUDICIAL RESPONSES
5/21/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 5/21/2013
5/20/2013 OBJ - Objection/Opposition. - Party (001) 5/20/2013
NOTE: to motion for mistrial; sentencing phase
5/20/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 5/20/2013
5/19/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 5/20/2013
NOTE: MOTION FOR MISTRIAL; SENTECING PHASE

Decode the hidden messages in these, please. What are they? Anagram puzzles?

pure *advertiser censored*

three-hole wonder

If he knew what I know about you he'd spit in ur face. So would everyone else.

You`re a laughing stock

you have *advertiser censored*`s job

Who freaking cares about you? You`re worthless

rotten lunatic

corrupted carcass

And, with all due respect, many people appear to be launching a defense of blatant verbal abuse, apologizing for it, and attempting to re-define it, simply because they despise the target. Easy to do when the target is an incarcerated convict, but these are not sound arguments.

Well, "Jodi, please go away and leave me alone," just didn't seem to do the trick.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer
Today, the AZ Supreme Court will consider whether to take jurisdiction of an appeal of the death-penalty aggravator in the Jodi Arias case.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 4m
@tdill68 Not the verdict, but the finding of probable cause for cruelty, obtained under a different theory of how the crime went down.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 1m
@tdill68 But it could potentially nullify the finding of cruelty. My bet is they don't accept jurisdiction and let the case play out.

Let's hope that the Supreme Court does not accept it. Travis murder was extreme cruelty. I don't even know how that could be agrued.

How is this case any different from Clara Harris, who snapped and ran over her husband three times. She got murder two and will be eligible for parole this year [which I think is ten years].

It's the same 'overkill.' And I don't think anyone would argue Clara Harris was a psychopath even given the overkill of running over her husband repeatedly. Sometimes people just snap and do outrageous things. Sometimes they are just pushed too far. Or there are extenuating circumstances.

IMO

JA didn't "snap". She planned and then executed her plan to remove Travis from this earth.
BIG difference.imo

I loved the squirrel tips/talk. I love squirrels but I have a mean one. If I come close to his tree he hisses/chatters at me. I feel as if he is going to jump on me and attack. I wondered if squirrels can become infected with rabies. Yay for the sidebar threads! A little bit of everything!

Sorry don't mean to go all squirrelly in this thread again. :floorlaugh: I do believe that there has never been any evidence of squirrels having rabies. They can be pretty aggressive when protecting babies or their stashes of food. I like to give my girl a hazelnut & laugh at her when she growls at me & chases me all over the room.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 6m
During Arias trial, attys filed special action and motion for stay with AZ Supreme Court over aggravator. Stay denied. SA conferenced today.

Beth DeHart ‏@bethde6 4m
@michaelbkiefer since there was mistrial what could this do?

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 2m
@bethde6 If they don't accept jurisdiction, nothing. If they do, it won't likely be argued until fall, but could change the playing field

True. Abuse can be and is normalized, and we're seeing that process in action.

Emmi, I've got to go the other way here. I can see the point you're making, but unless you feel that no matter what a person in a realtionship does, they NEVER deserve to be called out on it, there is a place for a verbal taking-down, even if it gets really nasty.

The fact that the texts in question are so sensational is because they're NOT normalized and I'm with the rest wondering what the heck she did to provoke that.

People CAN and do provoke "abuse." But I don't even like the word "abuse" here. What do you call it when they deserved it (and she did, let's not forget what she's capable of) Let's call it an angry reaction. People deserve those when they do something horrible.

To me those words would be abuse if there was no context, if they were words he just called her at random, there are men like that and they are disgusting. "Hey *advertiser censored*, get me a ****ing beer" was the last thing I heard a guy say to his wife at a party the other night. He wasn't joking, she cringed and I don't doubt it's an abusive situation. (I left because I might have hit him. Abuse? You make the call.)

Agzain, when people do horrible things to someone, they deserve to be called out. It's not abuse, it's a reaction to abuse.

Possibly no accident, but the use of those particular portraits would have been far more effective had the jurors been in their eighties or nineties.;)

Yep!

People who attended Woodstock are now in the 66-year-old average range. JA would have done better to show them pictures of Hendrix, The Who, Arlo Guthrie, Jefferson Airplane, Santana, and Country Joe McDonald.

Exactly. IMO, it is highly unfair to select a tiny few times he finally couldn't tolerate her psychotic evil ways anymore and say that is abuse. Baloney.

There has to be a consistent pattern for it to become abusive. And out of over 8,000 text, emails.. the DT could only find 3-4 times he lost his cool with JA the psychopath. That is not a pattern of abuse. With it being only those few times out of thousands of nice ones it shows he rarely lost his temper with JA. I am amazed he was able to contain his frustration and anger so much during the 1.5 year crazy relationship.

I have a feeling whatever JA had done when he finally couldn't stand it anymore causing the flurry of messages on May 26th was something HUGE!

He threatened to expose her to her parents and PPL friends. He finally told her how he felt about her and how she had ruined his life. When he threatened to expose her for what she is that is when Travis unbeknown to him.........sealed his fate. She immediately began to plot his murder.

Abuse.......is stalking someone.
Abuse ........is hacking into someone's personal accounts.
Abuse........is slashing tires ........three sets.
Abuse..........is writing threatening email to someone they are jealous of.
Abuse .......is peering in someone's window like a damn sick pervert.
Abuse.........is hiding in someone's closet when they had not been invited there.
Abuse .........is stabbing someone 29 times....slitting their throat and shooting them in the head.
Abuse .........is saying that someone is a pedophile when it is a BALD FACE LIE.

Travis couldn't hold a candle to JA in the abuse department imo.:mad:

Thank you for this. One of the best posts on this thread, ever.

I have to disagree. Travis was enraged alright, he was livid, but he was doing more than telling it like it is. His response to her was not merely harsh but vitriolic, and the words and expressions he used were designed and intended to objectify, dehumanize and annihilate.

Vitriol like that cannot be taken out of context; its very source is toxic; its voice betrays someone very at home, learned, and practised with the language of hatred and abuse. It has a second-nature quality--it flows. This kind of abuse may need a trigger, but it is not a one-off, born-full-grown kind of thing.

I tend to disagree, too, that he intended, at the moment of his abusive tirade, to get her out of his life once and for all. He was dismissing her as a human being and, at the same time, paradoxically and actively engaging her. Neither of them were just going to walk away.

I don't think Travis was a saint of a man. He was not as savvy about people as he thought he was. And he repeatedly ignored the cardinal rule for staying healthy in your own life, "never share a bed with crazy".

That said, as a female in my 40's, if you slashed my tires, stalked my new love interests, made sex tapes staring me that I was unaware of (and yes, she did that) and generally acted like Jodi, I'd make Travis look like a piker by what I would say to you. And you would get a bonus visit from the police.

Their relationship was not a healthy one. It never was going to be a healthy one. Travis had his problems, but obviously it didn't extend to every member of the opposite sex he showed an interest in. His major mistake was not stopping that relationship under no uncertain terms.

Court Date 6/20/2013 @8:30am

Case Event: Jury Deliberations Cont.

Judge Sherry Stevens

Defendat: Jodi Arias

Camera Ruling-In Session-Pool Camera/Still Cam-APPROVED

Prosecutor Juan Martinez

Defense Attorney-Kirk Nurmi,Jennifer Willmont

Actually I was referring to his reason this situation developed. But since you brought it up...

So as to the words he wrote, given the FACT that part of that information also included YOU ARE THE WORST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME--and we all know how that worked out for him despite the perpetrators attempts to lie and deceive, I will trust that he knew exactly what he was talking about.

And despite the fact that he made it abundantly clear HE WANTED HER OUT OF HIS LIFE, she drove over 1,000 miles to SEE HIM DIE A BRUTAL, PAINFUL DEATH.

I agree. I think he was a bit naive or too forgiving or perhaps he believed she was okay with being a booty call & the phone sex.
I agree with every word you wrote, she was the one that drew him back into her web, lured him with her vagina perhaps? He clearly didn't know how to free himself from her or just how dangerous she was.

IMO a few of the jurors had a hard time understanding the mind of a psychopath too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm

If he was such a monster, she would have hurt her physically, IMO. he never laid a hand on her. And I disagree completely that this was a hate-filled attack designed to "annhilate" her -- he couldn't even use the word fu*****. He use "frickin'"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He couldn't even bring himself to use ACTUAL, real bad words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where are u getting all of this from????
[\B]
I personally would love to go to her jail cell and TELL HER OFF. I would love to stream a flow of REAL obscenties on her. I have SO MANY mean, cruel things I can think to say to her BECAUSE SHE DESERVES IT. And I haven't ever spoken one word with her. Travis had to deal with CMJA, for GOd's sake!!!!!!!!!!! Can you IMAGINE having to deal with this practically every day????

Totally agree with you. If he was such an abuser filled with toxicity, wonder why he just shrugged his shoulders and let the fact that she recklessly destroyed his BMW slide by without one accusatory or angry word? Why would he pay for her move back to Yreka since apparently his sole existence on earth was to abuse and torment her.

Why would he shrug off the countless warnings from his friends that CMja was dangerous, telling them, "She's a sweet gurl and would never do anything to hurt me or anyone."

Why out of 80,000 messages (that the DT confirmed were in existence) were the DT only able to come up with 2 examples of "abuse"?

I would never want to know what anyone's sex life entailed because it is none of my concern as long as it is between two consensual adults. What they do is their business and shouldn't be judged by anyone else's standards. And if he was a freaky deak why was she only able to produce one audio tape in which it is clear she is leading him? How do we know the little maniac didn't ask him ahead of time to please fulfill HER fantasy of being a school gurl and being tied to a tree in the middle of the woods?

Oh, we don't know that because she so selectively picked what was abusive after the fact. She betrayed HIS trust by recording what he obviously thought was an intimate PRIVATE conversation.

She lied by saying she recorded it for him because he hounded her to do it yet in all those 80,000 messages there isn't one mention of a discussion - playful or serious - about recording themselves, Travis hounding her or even asking for the tape? The diabolical schemer certainly would have made certain she brought it up 50 times in future discussions if for no other reason than to self-congratulate for lowering herself to do as he wished.

Turns out her defense strategy wasn't so stupid after all with this huge divide amongst people regarding whether Travis was abusive or not. For people to doubt the one person who had done nothing but be honest with her even when it meant upsetting her and accept what she, the consummate and proven liar, claims is absurd.

Better not ever have a bad day, lose your temper and use hurtful words in an e-mail or text. If you later drop dead, it will be open season for people to label you as an abuser with no proof other than 2 e-mails out of possibly thousands and one recording of you obviously at the end of your rope.

Oh wait. Just about everyone has sent an irrational e-mail or text or left an angry v-mail we wished we could unsend. Doesn't make us abusive and shouldn't subject us to a plot to smear our names in dog poo.
Yikes.

The words were abusive.

I feel most people believe they were warranted.

IMO regardless... I do not feel Jodi was an emotionally or psychologically abused woman by Travis or anyone else. There was no pattern or history of verbal abuse. Few a few isolated abusive words do not a domestic violence victim make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wish we could see JA's responses in that May text scenario. I agree, the message Travis sent was warranted and probably long over due, but the words were harsh. (I don't blame him for saying them, I'm just understanding his choice of language may appear abusive to others.)
I personally don't feel she was offended by the texts. I think she wanted a reaction, any reaction, from him and she got it. I think she basked in the glory of getting a rise out of him. The one part I think actually made her "feel" something, was the part where he says he will tell others about her. THAT would get the attention of a BPD person, who works so hard to appear like others. That comment was a catalyst for her IMO.

I don't think Travis was a saint of a man. He was not as savvy about people as he thought he was. And he repeatedly ignored the cardinal rule for staying healthy in your own life, "never share a bed with crazy".

That said, as a female in my 40's, if you slashed my tires, stalked my new love interests, made sex tapes staring me that I was unaware of (and yes, she did that) and generally acted like Jodi, I'd make Travis look like a piker by what I would say to you. And you would get a bonus visit from the police.

Their relationship was not a healthy one. It never was going to be a healthy one. Travis had his problems, but obviously it didn't extend to every member of the opposite sex he showed an interest in. His major mistake was not stopping that relationship under no uncertain terms.

that was a mistake, no doubt. BUT she moved back to CA. i think he thought he WAS rid of her, and didn't see the harm in talking to her---including a little phone sex. he cancelled plans to go see her----twice. who knows if he would have made any effort to see her again?

Well, "Jodi, please go away and leave me alone," just didn't seem to do the trick.

Well, IMO, hopping back in the sack with JA didn’t do much to end the sick attraction they had for each other either.

Why do you assume their eyes were not open? Why is their opinion not as valid as any other juror?

One does not have to make the same decision as everyone else for reasons of "not thinking" "not listening" and "eyes closed." One comes to an opinion for a lot of reasons.

Everyone agreed on facts of this case. When it comes to applying death one can agree with every single fact of the prosecution and still not believe this particular crime warrants death. It's why there is more than one juror.

There was nothing to open their eyes to. They watched the trial and because some don't like the outcome hardly means they weren't aware of the facts.

One email does NOT constitute "abuse".

Exactly. IMO, it is highly unfair to select a tiny few times he finally couldn't tolerate her psychotic evil ways anymore and say that is abuse. Baloney.

There has to be a consistent pattern for it to become abusive. And out of over 8,000 text, emails.. the DT could only find 3-4 times he lost his cool with JA the psychopath. That is not a pattern of abuse. With it being only those few times out of thousands of nice ones it shows he rarely lost his temper with JA. I am amazed he was able to contain his frustration and anger so much during the 1.5 year crazy relationship.

I have a feeling whatever JA had done when he finally couldn't stand it anymore causing the flurry of messages on May 26th was something HUGE!

He threatened to expose her to her parents and PPL friends. He finally told her how he felt about her and how she had ruined his life. When he threatened to expose her for what she is that is when Travis unbeknown to him.........sealed his fate. She immediately began to plot his murder.

Abuse.......is stalking someone.
Abuse ........is hacking into someone's personal accounts.
Abuse........is slashing tires ........three sets.
Abuse..........is writing threatening email to someone they are jealous of.
Abuse .......is peering in someone's window like a damn sick pervert.
Abuse.........is hiding in someone's closet when they had not been invited there.
Abuse .........is stabbing someone 29 times....slitting their throat and shooting them in the head.
Abuse .........is saying that someone is a pedophile when it is a BALD FACE LIE.

Travis couldn't hold a candle to JA in the abuse department imo.:mad:

Exactly. What was it that Jodi did that when Travis threatened to tell on her that it made it necessary to kill him? It surely was something worse than what he called her in that letter.

Yes, I agree with you about the age of the jurors and the sex talk and that one GD text was considered abuse to them. :banghead:
I don't see how JM can keep older people off the next jury. He may have to
step up his game somehow. I don't know how; I think he was magnificent, myself, and made a lot of sense to me (but, I am a "mere mortal"- :floorlaugh:).

I am 64. Age had nothing to do with the DP vote. More than not, I think there are people who are manipulated by Jody and the fact that she is young, pretty and sweet looking. They don't see that evil lies within. Had that been a young man on trial, he would be on death row, even IF every juror was past 100.

People need to realize some women are extremely cruel and evil and stop looking at the pretty faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken