Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not recall anything noted in her probation terms that said it would be a violation to do a public interview. However, I might not have interpreted all the terms correctly. If it is a violation, it would explain Mason's ire when Casey released her videos, and why he immediately jumped on the explanation that she did not release them--her computer was hacked.

ETA: It would also explain why Casey had to report the "hacking" to her PO. It seemed to me an odd thing to report...so maybe Mason told her to do that.

Mason said it's a violation of her probation to...say whaaat? give an interview?
Reeeeealy...and what about the First Amendment Freedom of Speech?

IMO no intervew because he knows she will Lie and say something that will incriminate her while the Appeal case is open

Can someone post the Probation Order?

UPDATE
http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...o Quash, Vacate, & Set Aside Courts Order.pdf

Attachment "A" is the Probation Order.....page 14

I do not recall anything noted in her probation terms that said it would be a violation to do a public interview. However, I might not have interpreted all the terms correctly. If it is a violation, it would explain Mason's ire when Casey released her videos, and why he immediately jumped on the explanation that she did not release them--her computer was hacked.

ETA: It would also explain why Casey had to report the "hacking" to her PO. It seemed to me an odd thing to report...so maybe Mason told her to do that.

Think of it this way. One of the conditions of Casey's probation is that she can't lie. All Casey ever does is lie. If she were to do a interview, she'd have to claim that what she was saying was the truth and hope no one can prove it's a lie. Can you imagine if she gave an interview offering another this is what happened to Caylee? Or contradicting anything in the case? They'd have to say it was true, or admit it was lie because it could be proven as a lie, and either way, it definitely impact her civil cases. There is no way in h-e-double hockey sticks he's going to let her open her mouth and put off a big payday for good because of a long jail time stemming from check fraud. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised, and actually a bit pleased, if he hasn't duct taped her mouth and took her computer away at this point.

Wow - you were seriously trying to quit during that trial? All during jury selection and the trial, and about a month before that I was running on four to five hours of sleep a night and you are a bigger hero that I am for even thinking about it! All I was trying to do a fall face plant on my keyboard! As it was I was in no physical condition to handle that verdict. Small wonder I couldn't speak a word for more than 24 hours....

:floorlaugh: I can't take responsibility for the timing, that was my Dr. so I thought No Problem-lol!, no I'm not a hero at all, just stupid enough to know better-I thought some people would buckle down and fly right at trial-WRONG! Wellbutrin made me quiet and sleepy so I'd listen to
the trial with 1 eye opened (since I had to be awake at 5 or was it 6 a.m everyday because of the 3 hr time difference), that was until whatever happened on the 4th day happened and that was that-Smoke Stack time! Wow! Over $10 a pack? Inching that way down here, we're up to $6.00 a pack at a smoke shop for a brand name, but at the market they can be anywhere from $8.00 to $11.00 a pack. I remember when cartons went for $11.00!

I just want to respond to the first paragraph of your post.

Itsy, we are a group of multicultural, opinionated passionate people. There is no "right" way to to believe something, especially if it is about a subject like HHJP! If your opinion is different than some - so what? It is just as valuable and I can promise you, those of "us" who don't agree with you will surely have a think about what you've said.

The other thing that happens or at least I've found it happens because I'm often "across the street" from the popular opinion, is that those who didn't feel brave enough to say something similar will take a chance and post also. If you read here you'll see, so many of us don't agree on a lot of stuff...even at this stage of the case.

This was never meant to be a polarized board - over here is "right" and over there is "seriously mistaken" - I get quite upset thinking you are quiet because of that. If you feel picked on - say so and tell whoever to back off....

Hugs...LG steps off soapbox...:blushing:
Everyones entitled to an opinion and, quite often, the answer to a question would not be revealed if it were not for the debate leading to it.
A post should be appreciated for the thought and effort put into it, as much as for the opinion expressed in it.
(I've always enjoyed reading Itsy's posts)

Itsy, we are a group of multicultural, opinionated passionate people. There is no "right" way to to believe something, especially if it is about a subject like HHJP! If your opinion is different than some - so what? It is just as valuable and I can promise you, those of "us" who don't agree with you will surely have a think about what you've said.

The other thing that happens or at least I've found it happens because I'm often "across the street" from the popular opinion, is that those who didn't feel brave enough to say something similar will take a chance and post also. If you read here you'll see, so many of us don't agree on a lot of stuff...even at this stage of the case.

This was never meant to be a polarized board - over here is "right" and over there is "seriously mistaken" - I get quite upset thinking you are quiet because of that. If you feel picked on - say so and tell whoever to back off....

Thank you, LG, your post means a lot to me. I've been reading here since my dad died in July of 2008 (to escape, he'd tell me, lol) and joined in Dec. of 09, so I have been reading for a long time. I'm shy IRL, and as I've said before, with my work schedule by the time I get here someone has already posted what I would have - usually, lol...last night obviously not being the case. (OT here, but I actually came here before then, when the "suitcase model" case first broke. That girl was the granddaughter of a very good friend of mine and I posted here when it was found out to be her under another name.)

Yes, I realize that we won't always agree on things - what a boring place it would be if we did!! It was a perfect storm of my own - long hours all month long, bad news at full time job today, 12 year old dog is barely hanging on these days, etc. I just got my feelings hurt when I shouldn't have and I'll be OK. :seeya:

ETA: Thank you, too, Well Done. I enjoy your posts, too. :)

Think of it this way. One of the conditions of Casey's probation is that she can't lie. All Casey ever does is lie. If she were to do a interview, she'd have to claim that what she was saying was the truth. Can you imagine if she gave an interview offering another this is what happened to Caylee? Or contradicting anything in the case? They'd have to say it was true, or admit it was lie, and either way, it definitely impact her civil cases. There is no way in h-e-double hockey sticks he's going to let her open her mouth and put off a big payday for good because of a long jail time stemming from check fraud. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised, and actually a bit pleased, if he hasn't duct taped her mouth and took her computer away at this point.

Yep, you are right...it's about the civil cases and the appeal, not the probation.

I am not sure it would be a probation violation for her to lie if it is not under oath, to LE, to a judge or anything regarding legal issues. IOW, if she lied to a reporter or a talk show host, I doubt it would be seen as a violation of probation.

Mason's concern is her being asked any questions that might jeopardize her appeal. He may have stated to the media (or whoever) that she would violate probation if she gave an interview because that is more palatable and possibly less volatile in his mind than to mention her appeal on lying charges, or the pending civil cases. Basically, any interview is likely to touch on some of the issues of the case and trial...the very things her appeal on lying is about and likewise the very issues of the civil cases.

However, if Casey cannot give any interviews until the appeal is decided, it might be a very long time before we have to see her mug on camera (unless her computer is "hacked" again :floorlaugh:).

She can't do an interview before she gets off probation cause she has to get out of Dodge before she gets paid for it.

she can't do an interview before she gets off probation cause she has to get out of dodge before she gets paid for it.

yes!!

(But of course Mason can't say that. He had to buffer his explanation with it being a "violation" of her probation. Gawd, he's transparent!)

Sorry, I'm jumping past the smoke issue now-lol, I'm still wondering -if true-why OCA is driving around with her conditions? And I don't mean the conditions of the probationary kind. How does she still have a license, if any, to drive after what her momma said? How does she-if at all-go out and drive if she is in such danger? Her DT has said many things that just sound like buffalo doo to me. It's going to be real interesting how any of them are going to get past some of their claims, stories-whatever you want to call them, but of course, one of the great rules of being a proficient attorney is the way any one of them can twist the truth. All these generic ways CM, JB says things-like they still have their heads in their turtlenecks-LOL.

She can't do an interview before she gets off probation cause she has to get out of Dodge before she gets paid for it.

Succinctly put, Chatki - and where will that be? That Mexican beach on the Baja coast - or the "Sea View Motel and Motor Court" in North Miami? :innocent:

Not that this is funny:innocent:, but what are the odds she has already done an interview and whoever her 'producer' is, is just waiting with bated breath to open it up for the masses? :waitasec:. I'd put nothing past any of them, once it's distributed, then she gets paid and then she flies like the wind and everybody who's ever tried to help her is left with more egg on their faces:crazy:

Not that this is funny:innocent:, but what are the odds she has already done an interview and whoever her 'producer' is, is just waiting with bated breath to open it up for the masses? :waitasec:. I'd put nothing past any of them, once it's distributed, then she gets paid and then she flies like the wind and everybody who's ever tried to help her is left with more egg on their faces:crazy:

I think there is something to what you are saying. What ever happened to the third video? The one where she talks about her piercings? Its supposedly a few minutes long and only nine seconds of it was released and then...poof! gone. Never went viral, nothing. Just gone. There is definitely something strange about that.

Sorry, I'm jumping past the smoke issue now-lol, I'm still wondering -if true-why OCA is driving around with her conditions? And I don't mean the conditions of the probationary kind. How does she still have a license, if any, to drive after what her momma said? How does she-if at all-go out and drive if she is in such danger? Her DT has said many things that just sound like buffalo doo to me. It's going to be real interesting how any of them are going to get past some of their claims, stories-whatever you want to call them, but of course, one of the great rules of being a proficient attorney is the way any one of them can twist the truth. All these generic ways CM, JB says things-like they still have their heads in their turtlenecks-LOL.

Do we know for a fact that Casey is driving anywhere?

I think there is something to what you are saying. What ever happened to the third video? The one where she talks about her piercings? Its supposedly a few minutes long and only nine seconds of it was released and then...poof! gone. Never went viral, nothing. Just gone. There is definitely something strange about that.

Let's see - there was once a rumor that there would be a revelation mid-february from a MSM source that rhymes with Rational Turdfirer... or maybe I got that wrong...

Dammit - here's a pizza

EM1008_Sausage-Chicago-Style-Pizza_lg.jpg

I haven't told you in a while. LG - but I simply adore you!! This post is just one of the many reasons.

I don't always agree with every opinion or post, of course. And there are even a few posts/posters that make me grit my teeth so hard they hurt. Still, all are welcome - within the house rules - and, as you so eloquently said, it opens the lines for good healthy debate.

:blowkiss:

:(

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGvHEIsNJ2A&feature=channel_video_title"]R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony OFFICIAL TRIBUTE SONG/VIDEO by Chris Lee - YouTube[/ame]

It would be soooo funny if Casey screwed over those who have been protecting her. She has a tendency to do that so it's not farfetched at all.

And then, somewhere down the road, when the money is gone and she needs help again...no one answers her call. I love it!

Do we know for a fact that Casey is driving anywhere?

Except for driving everyone :crazy:-not really. Just what some people on the news said. Could have been true. With her, ANYTHING is possible.

Except for driving everyone :crazy:-not really. Just what some people on the news said. Could have been true. With her, ANYTHING is possible.

Well, I suspect she probably has occasional access to a car and is driving. No proof of course and we can't assume it is true just because somebody claims they saw her driving with no proof it was her.

It would be soooo funny if Casey screwed over those who have been protecting her. She has a tendency to do that so it's not farfetched at all.

And then, somewhere down the road, when the money is gone and she needs help again...no one answers her call. I love it!

Well:waitasec: I guess that's the price of her infamy. Not only protecting her, but who's to say what could possibly be out there in a holding pattern as far as an interview goes and I'm not talking only YT videos. I wonder if somebody is sitting somewhere, thinking they scored real big, is waiting for their payouts that now won't come because of, not just the pre trial stuff, but all the pending lawsuits. Be kind of funny no matter which way you look at it; to watch her do an interview before any case is heard and then all that hard work of the 5ths, and yada yada goes right out the window:waitasec:. Priceless:great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmalan