Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #13

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by Harmony 2, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleutherontheside

sleutherontheside Retired WS Staff

Well.....the "sleuther" in me says it must be something "juicy and sexy" :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: to be making top billing in the local news. The "logical" part of me says it's an attempt to start drumming up media again to benefit the KC team. WKMG has been JB's "go to" media link.

This "news" really throws a kink in my "to do list". :floorlaugh:

2. logicalgirl

logicalgirl Peace Hawk

C'mon now - even if it's just more "branding" - I'll be happy. Now that I think of it - FCA wanted to develop her brand - maybe this is Karma handing it to her on a platter!!!

And maybe it wll be enough for Momsie to tighten the purse strings and throw away the key...

3. strawberry

strawberry Well-Known Member

I'm trying to explain to my 16 year old about double jeopardy. She's pizzed. She can't understand why someone found guilty can get a new trial but someone found not guilty can't be retried. Reminds me of the Henry Fonda movie about some landmark case..can't remember which case (maybe the miranda one?) where he thought his sentence would be overturned but turned out he would just get a new trial. He thought it would be double jeopardy. Inherit the Wind? was that the movie?

ETA: Nope it was Gideon's Trumpet about the right to counsel. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080789/

4. logicalgirl

logicalgirl Peace Hawk

I wish (and hope) there is a news clip of Baez looking "shaken" cause he's not really good at faking that sort of thing....

Dunno - I'm thinking more like MM aka Muzikman had a hand in this...

5. logicalgirl

logicalgirl Peace Hawk

Well she does have that appeal coming up - maybe they will grant her a new trial on that part.....(ummm - could it work that way?)

I am just running implications through my mind.....:waitasec:

6. strawberry

Hi SOTS! That's what I thought but did you see what Beach said? She said it's the real deal!!

7. strawberry

Maybe Pipitone was a mole!!

8. NavySubMom

NavySubMom Well-Known Member

Totally agree, Pipitone and WKMG has definitely been favorable to JB/Mason during the whole trial. I'll have to wait and see on this, but they are certainly getting the DESIRED EFFECT, aren't they? everyone wondering what this "new evidence" is ..... I'm not holding my breath,

BUT I HOPE I AM WRONG!! not yelling, just emphasis!!!

9. sleutherontheside

sleutherontheside Retired WS Staff

Something to chew on while we wait. A recent discussion with Jose Baez...

http://abovethelaw.com/2012/11/the-practice-the-future-of-law-circa-1972/

Casey Anthony defense lawyer Jose Baez spoke on how a high profile case can affect a lawyer’s practice. You know, high profile cases are always super awesome. Jose is now getting lots of calls, signing lots of autographs, and trying to recoup his life savings and resolve the foreclosure of his home. His new baby, a baby that was born in a hospital where his wife had to sneak in a back door and use an alias to keep the media and angry mobs away, is doing great.

10. grammieto5

grammieto5 Well-Known Member

There was so much evidence presented at trial, I just can’t figure out what it could be. Could it have something to do with all of the A’s lies? Could it be about that photo of Caylee reaching for the sliding glass door? What ever it is, I sure hope it helps to bring down all of those who did wrong by baby Caylee.

11. BChand

BChand Member

I wonder if they might show that clip in the tease tonight?

12. AZlawyer

AZlawyer Verified Attorney

No. This is nothing like that. No new trial, sorry. :(

13. strawberry

Didn't he say he was too stressed/depressed to be excited about that poor baby. Poor in so many ways.

14. eileenhawkeye

eileenhawkeye Well-Known Member

Caylee is dead. She's not worried about what new evidence is going to come out. Everyone already knows Casey got away with it, and everyone was angered when she was found innocent. So I'm not sure why some new development during Sweeps week matters to Caylee....I hope she isn't concerned with what's what is happening with her "mother" on Earth.

15. lisalei321

lisalei321 Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL

Here I am...just heard there was breaking news?

Sent from my LG Motion using Tapatalk 2

16. knt

knt New Member

What if...

Baez is sick of the bad rep he got from this case. It's humiliating & hurting him financially. Casey has never been grateful. So he "leaks" info to his buddy TP. Win win. TP ges a big news story. Baez gets a "redo" on his reputation. It'll be spun that the prosecutors blew the case. Missed critical evidence. Baez would never have represented Casey if he'd known... Blah, blah, blah. Casey is even more the villain. Baez is the innocent, now on the "good side".

Just call me cynical.

17. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

Gah!!!! This news has me SO CURIOUS! Oh please deity-of-your-choice, please please let it be something undeniably incriminating and somehow also prosecutable (while I'm wishing, I might as well wish big!)

I've also got that "this is gonna be a let-down" feeling...because this whole freaking case has been a let-down...so I'm not ready to put my heart back on the line just yet...sure hoping, though!

18. Dignity4Victims

Dignity4Victims "Miss Anthony and the truth are strangers" - Judge

Very much agree with your first line - absolutely not the 2nd, sorry.

Cindy could watch a videotape of Casey suffocating Caylee to death and she'd "swear to God" (much like she did under oath when she lied), that the videographer Photoshopped the entire thing. :rolleyes:

19. A_News_Junkie

A_News_Junkie Retired

What about additional - new charges? Like desecration of a corpse, or more lying to cops? Anything? Comeon' toss me a wishbone!

20. zippitydoda

zippitydoda Well-Known Member

I suspect that if JB was in on it - he would have booked himself on every HLH show. He's always reminded me of a side-show carnie - I can't see him letting this pass without a sound bite.

Lets see... JA was recently elected in Mid August and a certain someone reared his head to make an appearance, and, of course, take time to speak to the press. Someone who was described by the FBI as a guy "who knows a lot of things - about a lot of things".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.