Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think it was technology. Reading the JA's book, you can definitely tell he didn't know much about it. You need to realize that KC was born and grew up as a generation attached to cell phones and the internet. (Observe a teenager for 24 hours and you'll know what I mean). I'm more than 10 years older than she is and, I admit, I'm as much addicted to it, as she was. I'm not into cell phones but my laptop is more important to me than anything (lol).
So, looking at online presence, deleted files, google searches, texts, file transfers, etc. should have been looked at VERY closely. And, as we see, they weren't. Also, anyone remotely associated with technology knows that deleted files, searches, etc. are not permanently gone until the drive is formatted or empty space is overwritten. WHY did they not dig into this deeper? For example, KC's laptop was retrieved from TL's and LA stated that nothing could be done because "it crashed". Even after things "crash" (whatever exactly that meant we don't know), things can still be found on the drive, etc. What that checked closely? Were e-mail providers subpoenaed to provide more details about e-mails? Did MySpace provide any details that could help? I truly don't think enough was done in the technology department. Not all avenues were explored, sadly...

At the very least, looking at her activity between cell phone calls and texts and computer usage and lack of sleep would have painted the picture of a mother who couldn't possibly have had a moment to spare to properly take care of her child! Still...No one is talking about this but it was huge then and should be now! She was over-the-top non-stop doing things OTHER than taking care of her daughter.

ETA - The Prosecution was so hell-bent on breaking new ground on science regarding the chloroform that they completely ignored the "technical" information that was so clearly available regarding her whereabouts and activities. I'm sorry to say this but I thought it then and I still think it now, I think the SA felt so surely arrogant about a slam dunk that they failed to present the most compelling information they had!

PERJURY. I still can't believe that Florida has done NOTHING about that.

At the very least, looking at her activity between cell phone calls and texts and computer usage and lack of sleep would have painted the picture of a mother who couldn't possibly have had a moment to spare to properly take care of her child! Still...No one is talking about this but it was huge then and should be now! She was over-the-top non-stop doing things OTHER than taking care of her daughter.

ETA - The Prosecution was so hell-bent on breaking new ground on science regarding the chloroform that they completely ignored the "technical" information that was so clearly available regarding her whereabouts and activities. I'm sorry to say this but I thought it then and I still think it now, I think the SA felt so surely arrogant about a slam dunk that they failed to present the most compelling information they had!

BBM-...which is why I am confused as to how she was not found guilty of neglect. I read that JB wrote in his book something to the effect that George should have been watching Caylee when she "drowned," as if that were not primarily KC's responsibility! In many, many cases of neglect and abuse at the hands of a close family member, social services often will hold the parent nearly or equally accountable for the damage-Not so in this case?

2nd bold- Yes, I agree. Given that they found a ga-zillion pictures of skulls and a hanged teddy bear, I would think they would have scrubbed these computers up one side of magnetic tape and down the other to find out not only what she was searching for prior to killing Caylee, but afterwards as well! Maybe they thought they did.
I have not read JWG's firm conclusion on whether he feels LE were lax...if JWG feels like they were using the best possible software they could use and the best technique they could be expected to use, then I have to defer to him and suck it up a bit. If he feels like it was a miss that could have been prevented very easily by the most low level sleuther, then they were remiss, to say the least, and it is :banghead: :furious:.

I can't help but wonder, with this new information of the failed computer forensics investigation, if the list of people who let Caylee down will ever end . . .

Just when I think surely there's no more possible insult to her or her memory ~ another failed opportunity or disappointing character is revealed. Isn't it becoming almost surreal? The astonishing amount of shady characters and atypical blunders nearly rival the number of astonishing coincidences attached to this case.

. . . as if, with each heartbreaking discovery, she's crying out from the grave for justice.

EU, is memory serving e correctly that you were one of the searchers way back? As to shady chqracters, agree, but even more for those that were collateral having their lives outed e.g. kronk and even soe of the searchers...the list was endless.

My hope is what has been mentioned above in that computer forensics will become more front and center as an investigative tool . There are two cases here on websleuths threads (Bashara case and Sneiderman case) that appears can benefit greatly with good computer forensics. Just wish that either of these cases had freedom of information releases so we could get more interest and involvement.

BBM-...which is why I am confused as to how she was not found guilty of neglect. I read that JB wrote in his book something to the effect that George should have been watching Caylee when she "drowned," as if that were not primarily KC's responsibility! In many, many cases of neglect and abuse at the hands of a close family member, social services often will hold the parent nearly or equally accountable for the damage-Not so in this case?

2nd bold- Yes, I agree. Given that they found a ga-zillion pictures of skulls and a hanged teddy bear, I would think they would have scrubbed these computers up one side of magnetic tape and down the other to find out not only what she was searching for prior to killing Caylee, but afterwards as well! Maybe they thought they did.
I have not read JWG's firm conclusion on whether he feels LE were lax...if JWG feels like they were using the best possible software they could use and the best technique they could be expected to use, then I have to defer to him and suck it up a bit. If he feels like it was a miss that could have been prevented very easily by the most low level sleuther, then they were remiss, to say the least, and it is :banghead: :furious:.
The information was all there (or should I say here) but they didn't present any of it. I felt sick to my stomach watching the trial on the internet and seeing them the SA state nothing NOTHING about her computer activities. They focused solely and only on obscure new technologies and nothing on real-life obvious computer data. I was so disapointed with the SA and I still am. There is lots more that hasn't come out yet. #1 being how much activity there was to demonstrate that this "person" , KC, was not fulfilling her obligations as a caregiver!

The social services report came out after the trial stating that FCA was her caretaker and was cited. I was
complaining that it was not completed prior to the trial and AZLawyer said it would not have been admissable.

I so remember the hanging bear etc. Which I saw as to her state of mmind...and the one I really remember standing out was the cninese drawing (canot rember artist but was talked abot) that showed two people kneeling in fear under a hanging skeleton with on the left a woman writing in a scroll. Sent my mind thinking that
Casey killed Caylee as punishment she wrote for George and Cindy when combined with everything els, and that in her mind, the death of Caylee would be "hanging over their heads"
Still think so to this day.

EU, is memory serving e correctly that you were one of the searchers way back? As to shady chqracters, agree, but even more for those that were collateral having their lives outed e.g. kronk and even soe of the searchers...the list was endless.

My hope is what has been mentioned above in that computer forensics will become more front and center as an investigative tool . There are two cases here on websleuths threads (Bashara case and Sneiderman case) that appears can benefit greatly with good computer forensics. Just wish that either of these cases had freedom of information releases so we could get more interest and involvement.

Yes, atthelake. The "collateral" damage from Casey is almost incalculable ~ but now, the newest and worst for WS, is that in order to bring the truth forward AZlawyer and JWG have had to sacrifice their anonymity. The collateral damage seems to continue, like a tsunami, even to this day.

I think the release of information can be very productive. I believe AZlawyer and JWG have demonstrated that in this case ~ had they been able to acquire the information in a more timely fashion, I wonder if the outcome of the case would have been different. So I share your hope! :blowkiss:

Jayla, have you listened to Tricias show that AZand JWG were o. I believe that JWG did talk about the question you pose.

SA should have insisted that the jury listen to every single computer search, read every cell phone ping and smell the decomp. They should have showed the pic of poor Caylee's body in the trunk. They should have took them to the swamp. They should have gone thru the entire day of June 16tth...They should have thwarted Cindy and River Cruz and the dumb Grief Lady and the old man who broke the damn skull. AND get er done in time for the 4th of July. SA shoulda, woulda, coulda....Such incompetence. In hindsight...yea, lets blame the good guys.

But it was a dry bones case. KC threw her baby's bones to the elements. Right near the street. No one found them in time to get DNA evidence.

So yea...lets blame the whole murder on the People. Dear God.

The line by line search SHOULD have been done for June 16. Sure there were THOUSANDS of documents, but I've read all that has been released. I'm sure there was someone somewhere who could've and SHOULD'VE gone through it all!

I can't believe a line by line search wasn't done. Any obsessive-compulsive, perfectionistic researcher would have approached it in that way, which, IMO, is what is required in this situation for this type of task. Why didn't the Sheriff's department have someone like that on the job, or get this person additional help if she needed it. Better yet, why didn't they get assistance from the state or from the FBI to assure that no stone was left unturned. I will never, never, never understand how this travesty happened.

We've heard of death threats in the past towards Casey...I personally don't believe it ever happened, but now with the actual evidence pointing to the fact that she did indeed murder Caylee...I figure her life's not worth a tinkers dam. She will live the rest of her miserable life hiding and constantly looking over her shoulder...I believe her life really is in danger now. jmo

We've heard of death threats in the past towards Casey...I personally don't believe it ever happened, but now with the actual evidence pointing to the fact that she did indeed murder Caylee...I figure her life's not worth a tinkers dam. She will live the rest of her miserable life hiding and constantly looking over her shoulder...I believe her life really is in danger now. jmo

And what a shame she and her defense team have cried wolf so many times already!

In revisiting the judge's charge to the jury, I didn't see any pro-defense slant. However, IMO the jury did not properly deliberate, nor did they IMO follow the instructions they were given (though I'm sure some here will disagree). Why remains a mystery to me. Again, JMO.

Probably neither here nor there, but on your topic of JBP erring on the side of caution, JBP was serving as chairman of the now-ended Florida Innocence Commission at the time. Much of the work of the commission paralleled the kinds of issues in the trial.

Florida Innocence Commission
http://www.flcourts.org/gen_public/innocence.shtml

No idea what pressures he may have felt consciously or subconsciously in addition to the normal caution that goes with a death penalty trial. He did seem to be operating under an abundance of caution. Who wouldn't, presiding over a huge circus of a case like this -- a death penalty case with all eyes watching?

ITA, the jury did not properly deliberate, nor did they follow the instructions of the court, and they were a complete disgrace to our judicial process as well, all MOO of course.

My contention all along, was that it was a grave mistake for the prosecution to go for the death penalty in this case. I sincerely believe that it not only influenced the mind set of the jurors, but as you mention here, that it also influenced Judge Perry in some of his decisions and how he handled the proceedings. The reality is, that the death penalty is very serious business.

I believe that it's a shame that so many prosecutors are overly zealous in going for the death penalty. Something I will never, never understand. It is extremely controversial, and imo it's a power issue on their part... them playing at being God to some degree. It's like they see it as the equivalent of winning an Oscar. Yet it's really not the same thing at all. And the fact is, many, many people (jurors) are opposed to it. I just believe that it exerted some influence, introduced some unnecessary bias, which helped to lead to the end results...which were, a child murderer went free.

I am not however, excusing this jury that, IMO, completely failed in their duty to consider and evaluate all the evidence to see that justice was served. There were several other alternatives offered versus the death penalty. Why were they not able to get there? :waitasec: All of this adds up to me believing that this jury was lazy, incompetent, and chose the easy way out rather than doing the right thing.

Does anyone recall if Casey's my space blog entry "Diary of Days" was entered into evidence?

I live in Acworth Ga. It's a scary thought but she could be here and no one would ever know.

Acworth Ga is actually in 3 counties... Bartow , Cherokee and Cobb...
More like 60 dental clinics around here... not just 6.
No offense intended but I wanted to clarify ...

Somehow i have missed the dental clinic connection. What gives?

All opinions are welcome on WS. Post your opinions, ask questions and agree or disagree.

Good morning all!!
Please don't post the names of possible dental clinics. Think about it, more than likely this rumor is false, if you worked at the proposed clinic would you want it to be associated with Casey Anthony.
:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member