Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether she did it on purpose or not - the fact is that CA admits to tampering with the evidence in the trunk - perhaps with a former LE officer, who would have been trained to preserve evidence at a crime scene, standing right next to her. What if the intent was to tamper with it enough to now make the truck evidence inadmissible or at the very least questionable.

I wonder if they teach this at the police academy - upon finding a suspicious scene, that rather than call 911 to alert LE so they can investigate it, they are instructed to touch everything, spray cleaners and remove items.

Yes, and that's another thing. I've never heard of anyone getting away with as much as CA has gotten away with. Not only tampering with the evidence in the car but the lying in court. I mean isn't all this against the law????

I don't think Cindy would have called 911 if she had really known that Casey murdered Caylee. She would have preferred to keep it 'in the family' and would have taken care of any subsequent punishment (read: more passive aggressive behaviour) for Casey herself.

Yes, and that's another thing. I've never heard of anyone getting away with as much as CA has gotten away with. Not only tampering with the evidence in the car but the lying in court. I mean isn't all this against the law????

I'm still dismayed and shocked that she wasn't charged with perjury.
Zimmerman's wife has been charged with perjury for lying about money-
CA lied about much worse and got off scot-free, just like her daughter.

I don't think Cindy would have called 911 if she had really known that Casey murdered Caylee. She would have preferred to keep it 'in the family' and would have taken care of any subsequent punishment (read: more passive aggressive behaviour) for Casey herself.

OCA did not have possession of that car for over two weeks - this is a proven fact.

How about the other fact that there is a witness, Simon Birch, who when asked, could tell LE that GA and CA picked up THEIR car at the towyard. This witness would state that he believed their car reeked of a smell he thought to be decomposition.

Somebody, someday would have to answer as to where Caylee was and what happened to her. If a LE investigation began, even months or years later, looking for Caylee, LE might find out about the car tow situation and it would lead back to CA and GA, not OCA. If you had a daughter like OCA, would you take the chance of now putting yourself in the hot seat?

If CA didn't believe FCA and Caylee were not some how connected to what she/CA was cleaning up in that car, why would she clean it up? Why not leave all that evidence for LE to find, all that evidence that would lead to the "real" person who had left it. When CA made the 911 call where she said the car smelled like there has been a dead body in it, had she already cleaned the car before she made that 911 call?

Oh I know, I was shocked when I heard GZ wife was put in jail, for the same thing CA did. Is GZ wife still in jail?

I'm not sure if she even thought about what people would think once they found the body. If she cared enough to make it look like a kidnapping then she would have also made sure to dispose of the body as soon as possible. Who can even begin to understand her hellish mind? I have been thinking though....she could have used a pillow or a bag to suffocate Caylee. Why duct-tape? I think she didn't want to even wait for Caylee to die. Just duct-taped face and hands. Then put her in the trunk to die and went her merry way. Why else would she use duct-tape and not a pillow or something?

This theory is a departure from my long-held opinion that Caylee died before being put in the trunk. There are a few theories that seem plausible. We will never know what happened.

Also, if Casey ever intended to make Caylee's death look like a kidnapping-murder, she would have included reporting her child missing in her plan. There are documented cases of people killing their child and hiding the body and then reporting the child missing. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for anyone who intends to stage a child abduction to not report that the child is missing. Casey never said one word about her daughter being missing until she was forced to, and then Cindy immediately called 911.

The duct tape had nothing to do with staging. It was there because it was the murder weapon, IMO.

It's all about what can be proven. When GZ's wife lied to the judge, there was documentation to prove she lied. Cindy's lies had no paper trail and witnesses to her lies were not about to come forward. To make a case for perjury the SA would have needed something or someone to prove Cindy's lies for what they were. With all the lying and covering up that family did, who was there to testify that Cindy lied? Everyone knows Cindy lied under oath. Everyone. But without documented proof, there is no case for perjury.

absolutely on the duct tape, I think many are giving KC waaay to much credit. She barely planned anything. I think Zanny was only floating around in her head as a possible "who to blame" scenario.
I don't think she made chloroform
I don't think she had any idea what to do with decomp in her car or how to dispose of a body
I don't think she planned or staged a kidnapping
I doubt she ever thought she'd give a missing person's report.
I do think she was grasping at straws and trying to find a way to leave town before her 55 day timer was up.

It's all about what can be proven. When GZ's wife lied to the judge, there was documentation to prove she lied. Cindy's lies had no paper trail and witnesses to her lies were not about to come forward. To make a case for perjury the SA would have needed something or someone to prove Cindy's lies for what they were. With all the lying and covering up that family did, who was there to testify that Cindy lied? Everyone knows Cindy lied under oath. Everyone. But without documented proof, there is no case for perjury.

The Jury watched as Gentiva's HR director testified that Cindy was at work, on her work computer at the time that she claimed to have made the Chloroform searches at home. The prosecutors went to a great deal of trouble to make this clear. She was lying under oath, deliberately covering up for Casey, in a capital case. Result= nothing!

The Jury watched as Gentiva's HR director testified that Cindy was at work, on her work computer at the time that she claimed to have made the Chloroform searches at home. The prosecutors went to a great deal of trouble to make this clear. She was lying under oath, deliberately covering up for Casey, in a capital case. Result= nothing!

BBM

They did, but not for the purposes of perjury charges against CA since they never charged her with that.

absolutely on the duct tape, I think many are giving KC waaay to much credit. She barely planned anything. I think Zanny was only floating around in her head as a possible "who to blame" scenario.
I don't think she made chloroform
I don't think she had any idea what to do with decomp in her car or how to dispose of a body
I don't think she planned or staged a kidnapping
I doubt she ever thought she'd give a missing person's report.
I do think she was grasping at straws and trying to find a way to leave town before her 55 day timer was up.

So true, so true.

I would suggest that while it may seem like nothing in a court of law... In the court of public opinion, she has been seen and judged for exactly what she is - a proven liar, who, when it mattered most for Caylee, lied. CA can't unring that bell, and money isn't everything. One day, the DR Phil $$$ will run out, and then what? Publish her memoriars? Who would ever ask her to speak as an honest representative for Grandparents?

I don't wish bad things on them, in fact I would like it if we never, ever heard or saw them again.

Sadly, I think we will given with the upcoming civil trials. I say that CA is at the heart of ZFG's case - and M & M will use her statements to the press to convey OCA's message that OCA did not clear ZFG. Its a whole other ballgame now.

I would suggest that while it may seem like nothing in a court of law... In the court of public opinion, she has been seen and judged for exactly what she is - a proven liar, who, when it mattered most for Caylee, lied. CA can't unring that bell, and money isn't everything. One day, the DR Phil $$$ will run out, and then what? Publish her memoriars? Who would ever ask her to speak as an honest representative for Grandparents?

I don't wish bad things on them, in fact I would like it if we never, ever heard or saw them again.

Sadly, I think we will given with the upcoming civil trials. I say that CA is at the heart of ZFG's case - and M & M will use her statements to the press to convey OCA's message that OCA did not clear ZFG. Its a whole other ballgame now.

A couple of years in jail would have seemed fair, to me...
I don't think she cares a whit for public opinion of her. It's all about winning..

Whether she did it on purpose or not - the fact is that CA admits to tampering with the evidence in the trunk - perhaps with a former LE officer, who I am assuming, would have been trained to preserve evidence at a potential crime scene, standing right next to her. Someone could suggest that the intent was to tamper with it enough to now make the trunk evidence inadmissible or at the very least questionable.

I wonder if they teach this at the police academy - upon finding a suspicious scene, that rather than call 911 to alert LE so they can investigate it, they are instructed to touch everything, spray cleaners and remove items.

BBM - we know CA removed the pants, shoes, the baby chair and the baby doll, and the steak type knife. And sprayed a can of Febreeze around the car. There was no evidence presented that she washed any part of the car or vacuumed it. I posted the various forensic reports on the 2.6 days thread yesterday.

But I do not recall CA having anything to do with the car trunk at all. Can you point me in that direction please?

I've been thinking about the pants CA washed. I know it's a match stick for us - but if you can wash a car and not get the smell of decomp out of them - I wonder why we are thinking pants can have decomp on them, be washed and be like new again?

Serious question - not trying to start a brouhaha here. And let's say that wasn't Caylee in the trunk - surely they would have had to get a new baby chair and would have had to throw baby doll away wouldn't they?:waitasec:

Yep, Cindy lied through her teeth and everyone knows it. The SA probably just didn't want to make waves by prosecuting a "grieving" grandmother (had to force my fingers to type that word) if it was not going to do anything to put a child killer away for her crime. KC was voted not guilty. And that fact would not have changed had the SA decided to prolong this horror show, clogging up the courts in the process, to prosecute a liar when in the end it wouldn't have changed anything.

Would a perjury charge against Cindy have succeeded in sending a message? Maybe, maybe not. I think given what human nature is, lying under oath will continue in courtrooms nationwide. And unless you lie about money, you have little to fear. Money crimes carry stiffer sentences in many states than rape and child abuse. So it's no wonder that lying in court about money is taken more seriously. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

---------------
Hi, I believe the prosecution had the pictures. I could be wrong. It strikes me as a "picture" that would be too damning. I will never understand how evidence of any sort can be deemed too damning. Why are they there? To Find Guilt!!!! :what::seeya: or innocence.

The prosecution didn't have those particular pictures unless they downloaded them from here.

The reason that the pictures would not have been admissible is not because they are too damning--that is NEVER a reason to exclude evidence. What you might be thinking of is when evidence is excluded as being "too prejudicial"--but what that means is that it is too prejudicial because it is HARDLY AT ALL RELEVANT but might prejudice the jury against the defendant because of some OTHER (irrelevant) issue. If the evidence strongly proves guilt, then it is very relevant and won't be excluded as "prejudicial."

The real reason that the prosecution would not have been able to use those pictures is because they would not have been able to justify the specific alterations made to come up with the composite photos. I.e., they had no evidence that certain decomp chemicals come up better with certain color filters and therefore a composite photo combining those filters would be justified.

Now, they did take the diary pages to be run through a machine that, IMO, might have been able to give them a justifiable (admissible) stain photo if they had run the spare tire cover through.

I agree. If CA had known from the start what FCA really did she would have never called the police. She would have made sure the kidnapping story was airtight before letting anyone know that Caylee was missing.

I am asking for prayers from my fellow ws family. As I said before, I am currently serving jury duty on a charge of arson and felony murder. We will probably get the case to state deliberation on Tuesday. I need wisdom to discern facts vs feelings here. Thanks all.

I wish you wisdom, strength, and peace, dear <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member