Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #15

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by Harmony 2, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skbsoccermom

skbsoccermom Active Member

Ashton also asked Judge P to stop baez from personally greeting the jury each day, and he allowed it to continue. We all know that had an effect on them because the jurors who spoke out felt compelled to talk about it. They said that they liked baez and that he greeted them every morning whereas (boohoo) the State attorney's didn't.

I still can't believe they even mentioned that in their post verdict interview. Was it really THAT important?

2. logicalgirl

logicalgirl Peace Hawk

I agree with you ExpectingUnicorns - I would have liked HHJP to have kept a very tight rein on Baez's antics - and we have come full circle in our discussion from a question I asked last week.

I didn't like Baez or his crass "reality show" courtroom manner - and so I am biased in my beliefs. I thought he constantly "misbehaved". I spent most of my time listening to him and "holding my nose".

So - my thought process when I know I am biased in favor of one thing over the other is that I look for "real justification" for my beliefs beyond my personal "I want it this way" preference and stubbornly refusing to budge. Kind of like the Lion in the Wizard of Oz who sings "If I ruled the world"....which is a phrase I often use....

So the question I asked was - is there legal precedence for HHJP to rein Baez in? Or was what he was doing within the bounds of "legal behavior" in the courtroom?

So far no one has offered anything up besides personal beliefs and although I have spend spare time searching including re-reading all of Richard Hornsby's post during the period leading up to the trial and during the trial, I haven't found anything to back up my thoughts.

I am the first to admit I know little of the actual law -so until I can find some justification for criticizing HHJP despite his expemplary reputation and handling of the verification of the evidence etc., am I just stamping my feet and sulking or do I actually have proof?

That's been my own personal search and question....heaven knows I'm accused often enough in real life of being a redneck....

3. kaki

kaki New Member

It appears it was THAT important...to the P12. I was thinking it was just Baeazs smarmy used car salesman persona..but this bunch fell for it.. :banghead:

4. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

:seeya: I have been over at the ArIas trial but I do stop in and light a candle for Caylee on WolfMom's thread and regularly thank her for keeping her thread going.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

5. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

When I saw him the only thing I thought was the reason he was going on right now was because the Jodi Arias verdict was coming. He wanted to try to get his two cents into that jury perhaps!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

6. PAXIMUS

PAXIMUS Registered user

Or they were just turned off by Ashton's smarmy arrogance.

7. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

True, But Casey would have been livin' bella vita in prison.

She's trapped in her own personal hell since being acquitted. She can't go anywhere, people know who she is etc.

Did you see how she acted when she had to go to court for her BR hearing?

She hated the cameras flashing in her face.

I, for one am glad they made the decision they did. Casey can't live a normal life anymore and I love it.

8. rossva

rossva George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.

Jose Baez will be on Piers Morgan tonight on CNN 9pm.

9. Endora27

Endora27 New Member

rossva: "Jose Baez will be on Piers Morgan tonight on CNN 9pm."

Thanks - I will make sure to stay away from CNN tonight.

10. logicalgirl

logicalgirl Peace Hawk

LOL - I might look at the news tomorrow to see what I can find - Piers isn't known for his pleasant and conciliatory attitude and maybe, just maybe he wants a piece of Baez....maybe we'll get lucky!

11. logicalgirl

logicalgirl Peace Hawk

Thank you Iluvmua, I am also on the team of folks that is convinced she is NOT out there somewhere having a good time - maybe more like a rat down a hole in a nest somewhere - afraid to face the light....and yes, that was no Kim Kardashion style fan club that was waiting for her at the courthouse....

12. FLmom777

FLmom777 Well-Known Member

I received a text alert a little while ago. The Orlando Sentinel has a new article. Her civil attorneys have filed a new motion. They are now claiming the HHJP has now made it impossible for her to get a fair trial due to his interview where he said there was enough evidence to convict. I can't link from my phone but it is at their website.

13. iluvmua

She does not deserve a fair trial...... BOO HOO, she should have not killed her child.

I hope she does not get a fair trial.

14. iluvmua

Anybody have that photo where Casey is in the car and she's sheilding her face from the camera flashes?

15. jane the dood

jane the dood Dance like no one's looking

I'm in the opposite camp; I think she relishes attention, however she can get it. I think what she hated was Mason getting her round her neck in a half-nelson and dragging her into the courthouse, messing up both her hair and her red-carpet moment! She showed up all tricked out with a new hair color and matching nail polish, and Mason missed his cue or something, raining on her parade. lol

As long as someone else is paying the bills, I think she's as happy as a clam. For now. Eventually the gravy train will derail and the confinement will chap her behind, but I really doubt that she's "suffering" right now.

And anyway, who cares? She didn't end up discarded in a swamp, her bones scattered by animals, her mother and grandparents literally living off her memory. A pox on them all.

:stormingmad:

16. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Well-Known Member

I can't believe he talked about this case knowing she still has so many civil cases filed against her, and the BK still outstanding! He just handed them grounds for genuine complaints and more whining!

17. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Well-Known Member

Me too! I stopped watching Piers Morgan after the last time he had Mason on, and had that sympathetic chat with the murderer... he would walk over his mother's face to get an interview with Casey!

18. zippitydoda

zippitydoda Well-Known Member

HHJP may have had some reason for doing this now, and I don't believe it had anything to do with seeking celebrity. Maybe something is up... and this was a preemptive strike. Seems he just did one show and that was that, its not like he made the msm rounds like everyone else has done.

I hope it pi$$es OCA's team off to no end, and it compells them to have to write a bazillion more motions - all free of charge for their best gal OCA!

I could listen to anyone calling OCA guilty and likening JB to a used car salesman all day long.

19. ThinkTank

ThinkTank Active Member

Originally Posted by FLmom777
    I received a text alert a little while ago. The Orlando Sentinel has a new article. Her civil attorneys have filed a new motion. They are now claiming the HHJP has now made it impossible for her to get a fair trial due to his interview where he said there was enough evidence to convict. I can't link from my phone but it is at their website.

I agree! Perry did way more that Judge Stan Strickland ever did!
    With the civil suits still pending [Zenaida, Kronk, TXEquuSearch], and the bankruptcy case, and there was still the option for FCA to take her Appeal to the Florida Supreme Court - the expiration date for that Appeal had not passed when Perry did his media spot.
    What was he thinking?

20. ThinkTank

ThinkTank Active Member

It was reported that when she got inside to the bankruptcy hearing, she was all chipper and giggly and playing with her attorney Green's tie .... she was lovin every minute of the "Casey show"!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.