SIDEBAR to the Drew Peterson trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t feel good about the testimony of the hitman and the pastor. I thought the hitman’s testimony was very weak and vague when it could have much stronger if he really had anything of substance to say. As for the pastor, the whole scenario doesn’t set right with me. What pastor councils with someone but insists on it being in a public place. I’ve talked with many pastors in my lifetime and have never once had one suggest we meet in public let alone him bring a witness along to watch us. Something just isn’t right and it has nothing to do with DP.

the pastor stated it was because it was his practice to meet in public places but he *also* said it was due to the information in the phone call Stacy Peterson made to him prior to the meeting.

http://petersonstory.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/insession-8-23-12.pdf

The day he met Stacy at Starbucks, he had another person there as well, sitting about eight feet away
named Marco Macola (?). “He was there, because I sensed from the phone call that I had received from
Stacy the day before that I needed to have somebody else there to observe, to be able to see what was
going on.” The defense asks for a sidebar

the pastor stated it was because it was his practice to meet in public places but he *also* said it was due to the information in the phone call Stacy Peterson made to him prior to the meeting.

I couldn't find a link for the phone call part of his reason. Do you have one? tia

I am not looking forward to hearing the Defense. They will be bringing with them a truck load of dirt to throw on all the witnesses.

1st Week

Tuesday, July 31st - Prosecutors: 1 /
Jurors out - 1

Wednesday, August 1st - Defense: 1 / Prosecutors: 1 // Total: 2
Jurors out - 2

Thursday, August 2nd - Defense: 1 / Judge: 1 // Total: 2
Jurors out - 7

Friday, August 3rd - Defense: 1 / Prosecutors: 1 // Total: 2
Jurors out - 3

1st Week Total: 7

Defense: 3 / Prosecutors: 3 / Judge: 1
Jurors out: 13

2nd Week

Tuesday, August 7th - Defense: 7 / Prosecutors: 1 / Judge: 4 // Total: 12
Jurors out - 6

Wednesday, August 8th - Defense: 3 / Prosecutors: 8 / Judge: 3 // Total: 14
Jurors out - 6

Thursday, August 9th - Defense: 4 / Prosecutors: 2 // Total: 6
Jurors out - 4

Friday, August 10th - Defense: 16 / Prosecutors: 7 / Judge: 2 // Total: 25
Juros out - 9

2nd Week Total: 57
Jurors out: 25

Total Sidebars thru 2nd Week: 64

Defense: 33 / Prosecutors: 21 / Judge: 10
Pop-Tart Jurors: 38

3rd Week:

Tuesday, August 14th: Defense - 2 / Prosecutors - 1 / Judge - 1 // Total = 4
Jurors out: 5

Wednesday, August 15th: Defense - 7 / Prosecutors - 2 / Judge - 4 // Total = 13
Jurors out: 8

Thursday, August 16th: Defense - 5 / Prosecutors - 8 / Judge - 5 // Total = 18
Pop-tart Jurors: 8 (this is a correction!)

Friday, August 17th: Defense - 4 / Prosecutors - 2 / Judge - 6 // Total = 12
Pop-tart Jurors: 5 (ditto, correction)

3rd Week Total: 47
Jurors out: 26

Total Sidesbars thru Week 3 = 111

Defense - 51 / Prosecutors - 34 / Judge - 26
Pop-Tart Jurors: 64

4th Week

Tuesday, August 21st: Defense - 8 / Prosecutors - 2 / Judge - 3 // Total = 13
Pop-Tart Jurors: 5

Wednesday, August 22nd: Defense - 6 / Prosecutors - 2 / Judge - 3 // Total = 11
Pop-Tart Jurors: 4

Thursday, August 23rd: Defense - 2 / Prosecutors - 1 / Judge - 2 // Total = 5
Pop-Tart Jurors: 2

Friday, August 24th: Defense - 0 (!!) / Prosecutors - 4 / Judge - 2 // Total = 6
Pop-Tart Jurors: 2

Total for 4th Week: 35
Jurors out: 13

Total Sidebars thru Week 4 = 146

Defense - 67 / Prosecutors - 43 / Judge - 36
Pop-Tart Jurors out: 77 times

I posted the above, but haven't gone over to InSessions yet to check the totals for Wednesday's and Thursday's "correct" number of sidebars... or should I just go with what we had posted here?? What do you all think? Give me MORE work to do!! :floorlaugh:

[snipped by me]
In this particular case, there is strong hearsay evidence, strong motive and opportunity. We simply do not have anything that puts him there at the crime scene physically, but we have had strong testimony that any thinking person would be able to put together to see that this man is indeed guilty of murder.
He may very well walk and I think that will be a travesty.

[snipped by me]

In my view we DO have something that puts DP physically at the crime scene. If Kathleen slipped and fell (which is what the DT wants us to believe), imo the gash on the back of her head would have left a corresponding mark with blood/hair wherever her head landed. If she slipped and fell and drowned, we know she didn't go unconscious and come to later and clean up the bloody spot before she went unconscious again and drowned.......because there's no bloody towel at the scene.

Odd there's no bloody towel.
Then there's no towel.
Then there's a towel.

Found where the question was asked and the answer was that the pastor normally meets in public. No reason given.....

Lopez also asked why Schori decided to meet Stacy Peterson at a coffee shop rather than in private, blurting at him, "You knew that she was trying to seduce you!" Schori denied that and said he normally met in public with those he was counseling.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...poke-of-3rd-s-death-3809961.php#ixzz24ZaWbOSl

During the cross exam he was asked 'don't you have an office?"
And his reply was "I have a cubicle."

Probably more private to talk with people in public than in a cubicle.
(lol that's a lotta p's!)

Ok I am answering my own question from a long time ago, about whether Drew invited the pastor up in his plane. I found it at acandyrose. Pastor testified in January 2010 that when he returned to his office after the meeting with Stacy, there was a Voicemail waiting for him from DREW! Obviously bc he was following her he saw them meeting and probably inferred that she was spilling the beans. I don't think Stacy told Drew anything. In his obsession and stalking her he figured it out then decided to get rid of her. Anyway, the message said something to the effect of "I haven't seen you in a while, thought you might like to go up in my plane with me this afternoon." Talk about creepy! The lawyer asked "and did you go up in his plane?" to which Schori replied "Absolutely not!". Lolol. Smart dude.

I am not looking forward to hearing the Defense. They will be bringing with them a truck load of dirt to throw on all the witnesses.

Peterson lawyer Joe Lopez told reporters Friday afternoon that the defense was prepared to start mounting its case Monday. The defense’s witnesses will include three doctors and several officers who investigated Savio’s death in a case that should take two days, he said.

“It’ll go smoothly and it’ll go quick,” Lopez said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...15b51e-ee18-11e1-b624-99dee49d8d67_story.html

Is this the defense or prosecution wanting this evidence? TIA

The prosecution asked for these two transcripts to be entered into evidence. Along with the letter. So I am dying to figure out exactly whch interviews they are admitting. People are guessing the CNN interview with the old retired guy, and the interview on the NBC morning show with Matt Lauer.

In my view we DO have something that puts DP physically at the crime scene. If Kathleen slipped and fell (which is what the DT wants us to believe), imo the gash on the back of her head would have left a corresponding mark with blood/hair wherever her head landed. If she slipped and fell and drowned, we know she didn't go unconscious and come to later and clean up the bloody spot before she went unconscious again and drowned.......because there's no bloody towel at the scene.

Then there's no towel.
Then there's a towel.

That evidence puts 'someone' at the scene, but not necessarily DP. I think the defense will try and imply that the bf could have come over angry after their phonecall, or the neighbor kid with the 'crush' came over.

I recall reading somewhere ( here?) that the defense has some "dirt" on Pastor Schlori, and possibly will be calling him back, to testify and sling the mud his way.

There were some tweets about that on the DP page. One private investigator who is very pro-defense has been saying that. Most of the other 'predictiions' he has made have been accurate, so I tend to believe him. His handle is 'crimeblotter' ...

Ok I am answering my own question from a long time ago, about whether Drew invited the pastor up in his plane. I found it at acandyrose. Pastor testified in January 2010 that when he returned to his office after the meeting with Stacy, there was a Voicemail waiting for him from DREW! Obviously bc he was following her he saw them meeting and probably inferred that she was spilling the beans. I don't think Stacy told Drew anything. In his obsession and stalking her he figured it out then decided to get rid of her. Anyway, the message said something to the effect of "I haven't seen you in a while, thought you might like to go up in my plane with me this afternoon." Talk about creepy! The lawyer asked "and did you go up in his plane?" to which Schori replied "Absolutely not!". Lolol. Smart dude.

According to local tweets on DP board:

Msg from #drewpeterson was: “I know you just met with my wife. How about meeting with me now? We could go for a ride in my airplane.”

Peterson lawyer Joe Lopez told reporters Friday afternoon that the defense was prepared to start mounting its case Monday. The defense’s witnesses will include three doctors and several officers who investigated Savio’s death in a case that should take two days, he said.

“It’ll go smoothly and it’ll go quick,” Lopez said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...15b51e-ee18-11e1-b624-99dee49d8d67_story.html

And I'm sure it will cause lots of headaches, nausea and drinking.
Yep. It will be painful, not pretty.
Hopefully our eyes won't get stuck in the upper rolling area.

OT...sort of....but what day did SP go missing?

According to local tweets on DP board:

Msg from #drewpeterson was: “I know you just met with my wife. How about meeting with me now? We could go for a ride in my airplane.”

What a creeper! I understand now why Schori wanted to meet SP in public and have a witness. He knew how crooked and slimy and scary DP is. Too bad the judge likely barred Schori from mentioning Drew's message. Too "prejudicial". Barf.

That evidence puts 'someone' at the scene, but not necessarily DP. I think the defense will try and imply that the bf could have come over angry after their phonecall, or the neighbor kid with the 'crush' came over.

Except there's nothing in either the bf or neighbor kids past to suggest they wouldn't have called 911. And nothing to suggest Kathleen was afraid of either of them. But what a coincidence......she was terrified of DP.

head though experts have said that it was a blunt force trauma that was not the result of her hitting her head but someone else striking her....Reason would dictate that it certainly does suggest that it was Drew (and I think that it was to be sure) but we don't have proof that it was him. (such as DNA, fingerprints, etc).
The case of the disappearing and reappearing towel does suggest crime scene changes...but it was never treated as a crime scene. He was there cleaning (*cough cough* destroying evidence) shortly after the police departed.
It is a reasonable assumption....so I agree with you, but it isn't hard scientific fact or eye witness accounts.

Then there's no towel.
Then there's a towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads