MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 23, 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meghan Miller ‏@Meghan_WBTW · 4m4 minutes ago
Cestare was with two detectives when he went to the Moorer residence on Dec. 20. He said he was not asked to take pics of the cameras.

Meghan Miller ‏@Meghan_WBTW · 3m3 minutes ago
Cestare said he alerted detectives about the cameras, and expected for them to take it "to the next level" if they were deemed important.

Meghan Miller ‏@Meghan_WBTW · 40s40 seconds ago
He took 4 pictures outside Moorer residence, 19 inside the residence and 4 inside of a camper on property. #MoorerTrial #HeatherElvis

I don't have a link (we couldn't post it upstairs anyway) but I am almost 100% certain she said they had video proof they never left their house that night. IMO

Sidenote: KT beating up this guy pretty good. SMH

I was just getting ready to post that! The M's said the truck never left their driveway IIRC and their CCTV could prove it.

how many times can he ask the witness the same question in a different way, or the same exact way?

I don't have a link (we couldn't post it upstairs anyway) but I am almost 100% certain she said they had video proof they never left their house that night. IMO

Sidenote: KT beating up this guy pretty good. SMH

...Yet her mother said they returned home at 3 a.m. that night iirc

Pros. was doing so well yesterday. Then this fiasco.

I hope they put these witnesses on the stand together (blah stuff and nothing good) for the purpose of getting them out of the way and put the zingers on at the very end.

I actually think KT is trying to catch this witness in an "A-Ha," but the witness is doing pretty well. It seems like it's everything in him to not say, "look idiot, there's a freakin' tree there!"

Since when is LE not aggressive in an investigation. Especially when it involves a young woman that is missing and feared dead? SMH!

how many times can he ask the witness the same question in a different way, or the same exact way?
If I'm on the jury, I'm getting annoyed with KT and siding with the witness right now.

The reason that he didn't take photos of the camera's is because he didn't want to alert TM that he saw the camera's. That's the reason, get over it KT. I'm sure the jury understands what the investigator is saying.

WMBF News

The defense is asking Cestare why he didn't take photos of a camera he saw inside the home because he didn't want to be overly invasive. The witness said he alerted the detectives about the cameras.

The witness said the outside cameras were blocked by trees and he couldn't get a good focus of them from where he was standing.

Meghan Miller ‏@Meghan_WBTW · 5m5 minutes ago

Cestare just admitted he didn't want Tammy Moorer to know he realized there was a camera inside of the residence. #MoorerTrial #HeatherElvis

WMBF News

On redirect by the state, Cestare said the Moorers' were not suspects in the disappearance of Heather Elvis at the time of their Dec. 20, 2013 visit. He added he and the detectives were there as a cursory visit to assist in their search for her.
The witness is excused.

WMBF News

The next witness is Jacob Melton, a 17-year-old who said he was friends with the defendant's son.

Bless his heart to be a witness in a kidnapping trial and the defendant is his friend's dad. He's quite composed for a teenager.

Sidney's son's friend Jacob is on the stand. He is telling where the cameras were located at the M house when he was friends with the son.

Says he was last at the M house around Thanksgiving 2013 and the cameras were up. He had been inside the house and says they had a screen that showed what was on the security monitors. He says the room inside the house looks different now than when he was there. Room in the house has new paint, curtains and a new picture and a cabinet has been moved.

4 individual screens from the cameras on this monitor that is no longer there, the picture on the wall is now in place of the monitor.

I was just getting ready to post that! The M's said the truck never left their driveway IIRC and their CCTV could prove it.

I hope someone, somewhere, has a screen shot of that.

"No ma'am, because the tree's in the way," says the witness in response to why he can't see the cameras in the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth