MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know whether or not SM (or TM posing at SM) communicated with HE via social media or even Snapchat? It is my understanding that Snapchat is used mostly by adolescents but may also be used by people having affairs. Can Snapchat conversations and pictures even be tracked and/or recovered after they "time out" so to speak? We know from BW's testimony at trial that HE was a Snapchat user. I ask because the pregnancy test is something that just isn't adding up, IMO. I feel like there must have been some other type of communication and a note on a car doesn't seem plausible to me. Input anyone?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

I've thought the same exact thing, and I don't know the answer to this.

I suspect the timing of the purchase is attached to more than we'll ever know and believe there was also time for Heather to come into harm's way before 3:41 a.m.

I just don't see a PTL kidnapping lure for the purpose of a pregnancy test for the purpose of a killing.

I don't think she was lured to PTL to take a pregnancy test there either. I would have to agree. The pregnancy test and her possible pregnancy are a mystery. It was not totally clear from all of the witnesses if she was. There is a strong possibility, which pointed to a motive, but it was hard to make that leap.

What do you suppose was the purpose of the pg. test? Someone, somewhere in the last few days wrote that the $.88 Walmart test requires more than just peeing on a stick--one has to pee in a cup and then the stick goes on a tray? I don't remember the details, but pretty clear it would be more difficult to do out in a parking lot, for instance.

Nope you would need to dip the popsicle stick into the orange juice to do the test

Nope you would need to dip the popsicle stick into the orange juice to do the test

Aha! Was that the bit of deleted IM brought up at trial? But it was after 4:00 a.m. if I remember correctly. It's not possible they brought HE to the compound to force her do pg test, right? They would have found some DNA trace in the house?

Does anyone know whether or not SM (or TM posing at SM) communicated with HE via social media or even Snapchat? It is my understanding that Snapchat is used mostly by adolescents but may also be used by people having affairs. Can Snapchat conversations and pictures even be tracked and/or recovered after they "time out" so to speak? We know from BW's testimony at trial that HE was a Snapchat user. I ask because the pregnancy test is something that just isn't adding up, IMO. I feel like there must have been some other type of communication and a note on a car doesn't seem plausible to me. Input anyone?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

They communicated via Facebook and Twitter (both having multiple accounts, IIRC). I don't know anything about Snapchat, as I don't use it.

Aha! Was that the bit of deleted IM brought up at trial? But it was after 4:00 a.m. if I remember correctly. It's not possible they brought HE to the compound to force her do pg test, right? They would have found some DNA trace in the house?
I don't think very much DNA testing was done at all. How many weeks after she disappeared was a search warrant even executed?

Also, why hasn't the entire Moorer/Caison clan volunteered for polygraph testing? They are innocent!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't think very much DNA testing was done at all. How many weeks after she disappeared was a search warrant even executed?

Also, why hasn't the entire Moorer/Caison clan volunteered for polygraph testing? They are innocent!

I don't believe that passing a polygraph proves a person is innocent of a crime.

I also don't believe that failing a polygraph proves a person is guilty of a crime. JMO.

I don't believe that passing a polygraph proves a person is innocent of a crime.

I also don't believe that failing a polygraph proves a person is guilty of a crime. JMO.
Totally agree. But I do think volunteering for one says something.

Totally agree. But I do think volunteering for one says something.

Volunteering for a polygraph is not a good idea in my opinion. If someone does take one in a crimminal case it could cause problems whether your guilty or innocent.

Unrelated local side note:

How 'bout those CHANTICLEERS! :chicken:

Sorry for the outburst. Back to your sleuthing...

So, I just backread and it seems like a lot of people are getting hung up on the pregnancy test.

How 'bout this?

SM's intentions were true. He heard the rumors about Heather, went to buy the pregnancy test & a cigar (to celebrate), drove to her house, saw her saying goodbye to her date, drove to the payphone and called her. At some point, Heather met up with at least one person with the last name "Moorer," and things went south.

It's just a theory, but it's completely possible if Google's numbers are right, and I think they are. I'm pretty sure I could do that route with minutes to spare; especially in the middle of the night in December.

I'm not saying I believe this theory (and I'm not saying that I don't). I'm just showing how easy it is to make sense of the pregnancy test.

No idea, honestly. I think it sounds like a juicy morsel until one tries to apply it to the PTL theory.

I just think the trip to the restaurant is about more than Heather looking for SM or driving around collecting her thoughts and dwelling on whether or not to meet him.

I'm 100% with you on this. I think she had already been harmed and someone else had possession of her phone before making the trip out to Longbeards.

This will probably sound super ridiculous, but I have a theory (somewhat) on the oj l/popsicle thing. I have previously stated that I think Heather drove to PTL to meet with SM and she willingly got in the car and turned off her phone to avoid possible harassment by TM. We know that SM purchased the pregnancy test. Obviously someone was meant to take the test. The first thing that came to my mind after thinking OJ and popsicle were an odd combination was that perhaps they were forcing Heather to drink OJ and eat a popsicle (turns to liquid) to force her to urinate for the test. Maybe, maybe not, but it did cross my mind.

Another theory I have thought of is, as much as we all despise TM, maybe she was innocent in it all. Maybe it was all SM and he just got somewhat lucky to have a crazy wife to share the blame with. Maybe after he picked up HE from PTL he went somewhere with her, made her take the test, ultimately killed her, but TM thought he was somewhere else and the text was sent by way of a, hey while you're out pick this up too.., kind of text.

I could not imagine living in the hell the Elvis's are living in. I freak out of one of my kids finds a good hiding spot and I can't find them for a few minutes; I could not imagine that feeling indefinitely and knowing that when found, if found, they wouldn't be alive. Praying for answers for the family and justice for Heather.

TMaybe after he picked up HE from PTL he went somewhere with her, made her take the test, ultimately killed her, but TM thought he was somewhere else and the text was sent by way of a, hey while you're out pick this up too.., kind of text.

Then why go to all that trouble and throw out a DVR and security system and take the monitor off the wall and replace it with a picture and go and purchase a brand-new security system DVR two days after Heather's disappearance, which is what occurred inside the M home?

This will probably sound super ridiculous, but I have a theory (somewhat) on the oj l/popsicle thing. I have previously stated that I think Heather drove to PTL to meet with SM and she willingly got in the car and turned off her phone to avoid possible harassment by TM. We know that SM purchased the pregnancy test. Obviously someone was meant to take the test. The first thing that came to my mind after thinking OJ and popsicle were an odd combination was that perhaps they were forcing Heather to drink OJ and eat a popsicle (turns to liquid) to force her to urinate for the test. Maybe, maybe not, but it did cross my mind.

Another theory I have thought of is, as much as we all despise TM, maybe she was innocent in it all. Maybe it was all SM and he just got somewhat lucky to have a crazy wife to share the blame with. Maybe after he picked up HE from PTL he went somewhere with her, made her take the test, ultimately killed her, but TM thought he was somewhere else and the text was sent by way of a, hey while you're out pick this up too.., kind of text.

I could not imagine living in the hell the Elvis's are living in. I freak out of one of my kids finds a good hiding spot and I can't find them for a few minutes; I could not imagine that feeling indefinitely and knowing that when found, if found, they wouldn't be alive. Praying for answers for the family and justice for Heather.

When that IM was shown in court and I read about it on this thread, I was at my parents house. After reading the IM, I asked "what does OJ and popsicles mean?" out loud to myself, and my dad (who had no clue what I was doing on my phone) said "that sounds to me like someone is having a weird pregnancy craving."

I was like.... whaaaat?

So, I just backread and it seems like a lot of people are getting hung up on the pregnancy test.

How 'bout this?

SM's intentions were true. He heard the rumors about Heather, went to buy the pregnancy test & a cigar (to celebrate), drove to her house, saw her saying goodbye to her date, drove to the payphone and called her. At some point, Heather met up with at least one person with the last name "Moorer," and things went south.

It's just a theory, but it's completely possible if Google's numbers are right, and I think they are. I'm pretty sure I could do that route with minutes to spare; especially in the middle of the night in December.

I'm not saying I believe this theory (and I'm not saying that I don't). I'm just showing how easy it is to make sense of the pregnancy test.

I am sorry, but I am not following your reasoning at all. Maybe it is just me being dense tonight, could you explain?

Then why go to all that trouble and throw out a DVR and security system and take the monitor off the wall and replace it with a picture and go and purchase a brand-new security system DVR two days after Heather's disappearance, which is what occurred inside the M home?

TM and SM where obviously working together on the DVR replacement.

I am sorry, but I am not following your reasoning at all. Maybe it is just me being dense tonight, could you explain?
I can try.

When I was catching up on the last few pages, there was a recurring theme - not being able to make sense of the pregnancy test. I was surprised by that, so I came up with a plausible theory, on the fly, to show that there are plenty of ways to put the pregnancy test in the story that night and have it make sense. I had just read stillwater's figures on SM's route that night, and those numbers made me think: There's no way it took 16 minutes to drive from that Wal-Mart to that payphone. Where else did he go? Well, as it turns out, he had time to drive by Heather's. If he did that, he likely saw her saying goodnight to her date, so he drove back to the payphone to call her.

And since the first time I heard he bought a cigar with the pregnancy test, I seriously doubted TM was with him. Men smoke cigars to celebrate weddings and babies. So if he was in a celebratory mood, that suggests he was being genuine about leaving TM and wanting to be with Heather.

Like I said, though, this was just a theory. I'm only speculating.

I can try.

When I was catching up on the last few pages, there was a recurring theme - not being able to make sense of the pregnancy test. I was surprised by that, so I came up with a plausible theory, on the fly, to show that there are plenty of ways to put the pregnancy test in the story that night and have it make sense. I had just read stillwater's figures on SM's route that night, and those numbers made me think: There's no way it took 16 minutes to drive from that Wal-Mart to that payphone. Where else did he go? Well, as it turns out, he had time to drive by Heather's. If he did that, he likely saw her saying goodnight to her date, so he drove back to the payphone to call her.

And since the first time I heard he bought a cigar with the pregnancy test, I seriously doubted TM was with him. Men smoke cigars to celebrate weddings and babies. So if he was in a celebratory mood, that suggests he was being genuine about leaving TM and wanting to be with Heather.

For some reason, I automatically assumed SM bought the cigar to roll a blunt (for lack of a better term). If his lawyer knew that his son's friend smoked marijuana (coupled with the fact that the friend referred to SM as "cool"), I figured SM had probably smoked w/ them. But I could definitely be way off base w/ that assumption.

ETA: I wish we knew what kind of cigar he purchased. That would probably tell us a lot.

I can try.

This makes sense to me and is also my theory of what happened that night, but you conveyed it better than I could!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998