Sidney & Tammy Moorer, Contempt of Court Hearing, Heather Elvis case, 31 July 2017

The phone records were presented in the case, so the jury had that evidence available to them. Some on the jury didn't find the phone records, along with a lot of other evidence, compelling enough to convict and it resulted in a mistrial. If some forensic evidence existed in the car, no one will ever know. It was never able to be presented because the car was not allowed to be processed at the police facility. I wonder if some jurors didn't have the same question.
All due respect, but at least 10 of those jurors found the presented evidence to be enough. One holdout, who was friends with the defense attorney, swayed another juror in his favor. I just don't agree that "some of the jury didn't find . . . [the] evidence compelling enough to convict and it resulted in a mistrial." I don't think that's how the mistrial came to be AT ALL. JMO, of course.

The phone records were presented in the case, so the jury had that evidence available to them. Some on the jury didn't find the phone records, along with a lot of other evidence, compelling enough to convict and it resulted in a mistrial. If some forensic evidence existed in the car, no one will ever know. It was never able to be presented because the car was not allowed to be processed at the police facility. I wonder if some jurors didn't have the same question.

A lot of us have had that question. I'm just saying that the Moorer's pretense that they had no contact with Heather, when they left a phone trail to the contrary, is pretty stupid.

For the life of me I cannot find an answer to this question. Why did the father not allow the crime scene investigators to tow the vehicle to do forensic testing at their facility as opposed to making them do the investigation of Heather Elvis car in the driveway where they couldn't do intensive forensic testing? This severely limited the investigators ability to find any forensic evidence which might of been key in this case.

Who can blame him for never guessing in a million years that his daughter would've been abducted and murdered when the worst thing she'd ever done was have an affair with a married guy? Most people would assume it was just a 20-year-old doing 20-year-old things and that she would be back for her car later.

This is why we don't get into victim blaming.

Parents don't have the option of allowing or not allowing law enforcement to investigate or perform forensics tests.

14695625_G.jpg

Elvis family gathered at PTL on Friday, August 18th (they gather there every month on the 18th, the day of the month Heather went missing):

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/36171...home-family-gathers-to-remember-heather-elvis

In addition, the August 28th date for Sidney's trial appears to still be on the docket.

I think the handcuffing tale is just that - a tale.

I agree. It would be too difficult to sleep that way and would make for a very grumpy husband!

I will be traveling in the Myrtle Beach/NC area this weekend .. I always think about Heather when I visit out there :) I'm still very hopeful justice will come soon!!

Yes, looks like it is still set for tomorrow....

Obstruction of justice trial for Sidney Moorer set to begin Monday
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/36220...e-trial-for-sidney-moorer-set-to-begin-monday

Moorer is charged with obstruction of justice for allegedly lying to investigators about making a call to Elvis from a pay phone on the night of her disappearance in December 2013. This was revealed during his first trial last year, which was for a kidnapping charge.
The defendant previously appeared in court at the end of July for a hearing to discuss issues ahead of the start of the Aug. 28 trial, including a motion by the defense to suppress evidence.
[.....]

This will be Moorer’s second time going to trial in regards to Elvis’ disappearance.
His initial 2016 kidnapping trial ended in a mistrial. A new trial date has not yet been set on that charge.
Tammy Moorer is also charged with kidnapping in the case, but she has yet to go to trial on her charge. A date has not been scheduled.

more at link...

So - this is Eastern time? Anyone know "what time"?

TIA!

The Findheatherelvis fb page posted about the trial this morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back