Sinkholes...

maeby

Reaction score
OK so… I got brave and called the tipline tonight. Felt weird about doing it. After I heard the report about the phone pings near Orlando International Airport, I noticed that some people on another site had posted about a blog of Casey’s last logged into 4 weeks ago:

http://caseyomarie.stumbleupon.com/

If you notice one of her “favorite” sites is a sight about “Amazing Holes in our Earth”.

There are a lot of natural holes or “sinkholes” in the Orlando Florida area…

Then I found this link. This child, Rowan Ford, was murdered and dumped into a sinkhole last year:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1924445/posts

It got me thinking…

Am I nuts or is this a viable theory?

If that thought is nuts, you have company :crazy: because that is the same thought that hit me hard last night after finding out that the "mother" had searched for something along those terms. I still want to cling to the hope that a miracle will find Caylee alive.

maeby, I checked it out and tried to find a map of the sinkholes in Orlando area, from the link, it says I have to download a file and send in my email addy, evidently they want a record of who is researching the sinkholes, so prob a good idea to let LE know about it, Cindy stated the other day that LE had taken Casey's pc, but I don't know if they actually did,
I shudder to even think that she was researching this info,
JMHO

Wow - from the stumbleupon website:
StumbleUpon discovers web sites based on your interests. Whether it's a web page, photo or video, our personalized recommendation engine learns what you like, and brings you more.

So this site looks like it never got taken down... if she did not consciously add this website to her favorites, is it possible that StumbleUpon "found" it for her based on other sites she had been looking up...

Kind of reminds me of Scott Peterson and looking up the tides (that was on his pc, right?)

I have no idea how the Airport would tie in though, only that the sinkholes are nearby. I don't know exactly where cell phone "pings" would register.

The other thing that made me think sinkholes as opposed to dumpster, less traceable maybe. Also there have been books (The Lovely Bones) and movies with this scenario.

I didn't call the Police directly but I called the tipline and reported it... hope that is good enough.

It's great that people near that region are helping LE.........IMO, all tips are useful.
I had no idea about sink holes...(in PA)......I remember the Lori Hacking case.........sadly
when found, only 30 pounds of crushed bones and hair after a month in a garbage fill.
A small 30? pound baby? small bones........my guess, not much would be left.......but DNA! The no body theory? Everyone in the family seems so 'cool' about this. Except the public.......we are upset over a baby missing!!! IMO

I don't think you are nuts at all. My first thought on hearing about Casey's stumbleupon account was The Lovely Bones.

The thing I wonder is how LE would go about searching them - is that even possible???

What exactly is a sinkhole? Is there water in them? Is it fresh water from underground sources that you could swim in it? Or is it brackish water? Or no water, just a hole in the ground?

You all have all the pings and I was wondering if she traveled all over in March and May the same. Would her phone use be in excess those months also, or is this just a June/ July thing? Does anyone know??

IMO...Casey had PLENTY of time to come up with a burial place for Caylee. She must have racked her brain for days! She probably lite-up when she stumbled across this idea. I think this idea is worth looking into.

I had forgotten about her search for sinkholes! I think you may be on to something! Look at how many are in Orange County! I think that is a very real possibility that Caylee may be in one of them.

OK so… I got brave and called the tipline tonight. Felt weird about doing it. After I heard the report about the phone pings near Orlando International Airport, I noticed that some people on another site had posted about a blog of Casey’s last logged into 4 weeks ago:

http://caseyomarie.stumbleupon.com/

If you notice one of her “favorite” sites is a sight about “Amazing Holes in our Earth”.

There are a lot of natural holes or “sinkholes” in the Orlando Florida area…

Then I found this link. This child, Rowan Ford, was murdered and dumped into a sinkhole last year:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1924445/posts

It got me thinking…

Am I nuts or is this a viable theory?

Your not nuts at all.....Casey had days to think of where she was going to "Dispose" of Caylee.

Your right..... if she "pinged" near any known sink holes then they should be searched.

Chloroform - Missing Children -Sink Holes

This is sounding more & more like premeditation

While I wouldn't completely disregard anything that might be a clue at this point, I wouldn't read too much into this site being in her StumbleUpon favorites. Reason being? I have the exact same site in mine, and I have never in my life done a search for sink holes.

For those of you who aren't familiar with StumbleUpon, it's a toolbar that you install in your web browser with a button that you click that brings up completely random websites, based on interests you have expressed when you first install it. The sink hole site came up for me while "Stumbling" because I have geography listed as one of my interests. It's saved in my favorites because I saw the pictures and commentary and thought "ooh, that's neat" and I hit the "thumbs up" button on my StumbleUpon toolbar.

Anyway, as I said before, I wouldn't disregard anything at this point that might be helpful to finding Caylee. I just thought it may be helpful to know that there could also be a completely innocuous reason for this site to be in her favorites. And believe me, it's hard to say anything that could sound like I'm trying to defend Casey, which I'm not. :/

I had forgotten about her search for sinkholes! I think you may be on to something! Look at how many are in Orange County! I think that is a very real possibility that Caylee may be in one of them.

I forgot about KC researching sinkholes also.............any around the search site??

I thought about this possibility too, after I read about a sinkhole in one of the nature conservation areas. There was a photo of this one; however, the opening appeared possibly too small for someone to throw something in. I don't think all sinkholes have a clear drop to a deeper depth. Also, there are people hiking to that particular one all of the time. I'll see if I can find the photo. I'm sure that scientists try to get into these holes to conduct research as well, so she would have to have known about one that was fairly remote I would think.

Maybe someone can clear this up for me (as Im still playing "catch up" with all the facts that arent in regular media coverage)....

Did she do a SPECIFIC search for sinkholes on her computer? On the form of Google, Yahoo etc.

OR

is the only sinkhole info the website that we see in her Stumbleupon account?

Thanks!

Casey did research on sinkholes; what are the chances she put Caylee in one? Would the cell pings differ since there are sinkholes all over the Orlando area?

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/geology/geologictopics/sinkhole/florida_sinkhole_poster.pdf

Something to think about. :waitasec:

Never knew there were so many of them in Florida....:waitasec:

I googled......they are in a few states.....learned something today.
http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/earthgwsinkholes.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back