Site of attack on JNS: Can it lead to clues about Jacob?

This site is on DJH's way home to Paynesville from St. Joe. I do not think it is far fatched that DJH would have stopped with Jacob at the same place as the assault on JS. I do agree with others that I doubt much evidence is left in the area after 26 years, unless Jacob was buried around there. Without a confession by DJH, probably hard to find much. Is there ground-penetrating radar technology available to search for buried remains?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This site is on DJH's way home to Paynesville from St. Joe. I do not think it is far fatched that DJH would have stopped with Jacob at the same place as the assault on JS. I do agree with others that I doubt much evidence is left in the area after 26 years, unless Jacob was buried around there. Without a confession by DJH, probably hard to find much. Is there ground-penetrating radar technology available to search for buried remains?

"unless Jacob was buried around there"

That is what I was driving at all along. Yes, if you know the general area you can search for anomalies in the ground.

Interestingly, that same property could have been seen from a gravel road to the south. This road led to an abandoned farm site that was abandoned as early as 1991 (not sure about 1989)

Interestingly, that same property could have been seen from a gravel road to the south. This road led to an abandoned farm site that was abandoned as early as 1991 (not sure about 1989)
By plugging the coordinates you gave of Jacob's fishing trip on 10/22/89 and your suspected site for JS assault, it appears it is 6 minutes by car between the 2 sites. Wow.

Thanks, I've found one candidate. The coordinates are for where I think the assault could have occurred. It had a gravel drive in 1991 but also a gravel turnoff across the street hidden from the highway by trees. But it had a direct view back to the house, lights and a silo. It is 5 miles from Cold Spring, north-east of Richmond but direct enough to have allowed them to pass by the Richmond Ball Park and for the POI to return to Cold Spring from the north:

45.475913, -94.479657

Based on searches done so far, I don't think the "gravel" drive is the drive to the property. It must be an adjoining drive. Going to base my search on that now.

BTW: I found what I think Shergal found and she said it was speculation. I don't think this is it because it doesn't match the verifiable facts from the warrant: unlikely they passed the Richmond Ball park to get there, not 5 miles outside Cold Spring but right outside (newspaper) and no way this drive could have taken 15 minutes from where JS was picked up. So, I think the Church is a red herring.

And: the original silo is gone, but was there in 1989.

Wow. I bet that's it. If you sat in that pull off area you would be able to see cars that came from the east and any cars that were coming from behind you wouldn't be able to see you until they had passed. If you wanted to stay hidden and see any cars approaching it would be a perfect area. It reminds me of a place a cop would sit or where high school kids would park. I think you found it.

Well, just searched again with different terms and no luck. All I've found is a report from the Star Tribune that he was taken "5 miles" to some place "north of Richmond". I've probably read all these JEW threads and I don't recall an exact location being mentioned. Is there some search term I'm missing?

Some where on one of the threads is The exact location. There is a church on the property today. It is just outside of Richmond. I remember looking at the aerial on google maps. I myself do not believe he would go back to that location. It may have even been on one of the interviews with Jerod on Joys blog where the info was talked about, it was definately discussed on this website.

Some where on one of the threads is The exact location. There is a church on the property today. It is just outside of Richmond. I remember looking at the aerial on google maps. I myself do not believe he would go back to that location. It may have even been on one of the interviews with Jerod on Joys blog where the info was talked about, it was definately discussed on this website.

Ok, since you saw the aerial, was it this one. It is the only one I found that is recognizable as a church and built after 1989:

post_Abduction_Church_001.jpg

I don't see why it matters where it is to us. LE knows where it is and I'm sure it's been searched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a few of us have searched this there does not appear to be any location with the combination of church and silo in the area indicated. Also, after searching the threads, the exact location may have been mentioned before but it isn't there now. Given what has happened in this case I certainly wouldn't assume it has already been "searched". But private citizens can search with the permission of property owners and I think they should. I think with some more work we can find out what the exact location was.

There isn't going to be anything to find unless you look underground. Is that what you plan to do?

Second probable site found. This one is more probable as its position is more consistent with the known information. About the best fit for the known data you can get. I didn't see it before because a tree line was blocking the line of sight from this driveway. But in 1989 none of those trees around the drive were there and you could see the farm, the single silo and a pole light. This is about as good as the "guessing" gets without someone with certain knowledge just giving us the address or coordinates:

45.463478, -94.504091

And as noted before, the first property could have been seen from another location, which is gravel and fits all the requirements. This gives a total of 3 sites where synthetic aperture radar could be used to look for human remains. These machines can be rented for a few hundred dollars and can scan several acres:

45.469973, -94.478737

Summarizing, there are three sites that could be searched:

45.475913, -94.479657
45.463478, -94.504091
45.469973, -94.478737

But if someone has a certain location please add.

Good for you, Sigrun!
I admire your determination and willing spirit to keep at it!
I am a believer in NEVER giving up on cases such as these. ( Or any case held close for that matter )
A clue could turn up, any where at any time.
Happens time and time again in missing persons/cold cases.

What brought DJH to the location where he assaulted JS? Was it a familiar place? On the way to his job or former job? Does he only travel to familiar areas or does he travel outside his normal path? He did seem comfortable repeatedly assaulting local boys in Paynesville. Does this mean he would travel a familiar path that he feels comfortable with? Or when the attacks were made public, did he go to areas where he was not known? What is the point where he saw Jacob? Was it repeated stalking at school, hockey rink or other sport where he had access to watch and stalk children? Was it a chance siting of boys as he wandered the back roads of St Joe in the dark? Did he spot the boys on the way to Tom Thumb, enter Tom Thumb and head quickly back to set up on DR driveway? Did he stalk JS prior to assault or was it pure chance that he was out in stalk mode and found JS walking alone? Maybe it was purely random as he was in stalking mode and looking for a victim at night. Maybe he realized at some point that he could get caught if he stayed in familiar areas and then changed his MO to only random backroads with unsupervised children in the dark of night.

Does anyone know if the location where DJH picked up JS is a road that would be on DJH's regular path to work or some place or person connected to him.

Summarizing, there are three sites that could be searched:

45.475913, -94.479657
45.463478, -94.504091
45.469973, -94.478737

But if someone has a certain location please add.

They're all pretty close in proximity to one another.

I've been looking at the surrounding area, trying to think where could a body be hidden. There are ponds, lakes, some dense tree areas, and of course a lot of fields.

Even narrowing it down to these three locations, assuming he went back to where he assaulted JNS, it seems like finding a needle in a haystack. :(

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 21
If you go to about 25 seconds in to this video, it appears they're showing us the site of Jared's attack. Unless they were just picking a random spot to show what it may have looked like. But in the video it states: "The man who had a police scanner in his car drove Jared to this remote site, sexually assaulted him, then let him go."

If you go to about 25 seconds in to this video, it appears they're showing us the site of Jared's attack. Unless they were just picking a random spot to show what it may have looked like. But in the video it states: "The man who had a police scanner in his car drove Jared to this remote site, sexually assaulted him, then let him go."

If you look at that location in the video, it appears very similar to DR's driveway. I feel like he feels comfortable and safe on that type of road. I wonder if he dumped Jacob out on a road like that? Like Sig said, maybe a road that he already knew since the heat was on pretty quickly and he had that police scanner. He would have had to get out of there very quickly. At least out of the immediate vicinity. This begs the question, why did they not run an APB on the blue Ford Exp that DR saw turning around in his driveway? He saw it turn around with a small child or woman in the passenger seat covering their eyes at the same time of the abduction. Something is not making sense. If DR told cops that info that night or the next morning, it should have been all over the news.

If you look at that location in the video, it appears very similar to DR's driveway. I feel like he feels comfortable and safe on that type of road. I wonder if he dumped Jacob out on a road like that? Like Sig said, maybe a road that he already knew since the heat was on pretty quickly and he had that police scanner. He would have had to get out of there very quickly. At least out of the immediate vicinity. This begs the question, why did they not run an APB on the blue Ford Exp that DR saw turning around in his driveway? He saw it turn around with a small child or woman in the passenger seat covering their eyes at the same time of the abduction. Something is not making sense. If DR told cops that info that night or the next morning, it should have been all over the news.

I completely agree. My feeling is local LE made some pretty big mistakes with both JEW's and JNS's cases. Though, it's possible there is more to this than we're aware of, and some explanation on why they did/did not do certain things. I'm betting it's some combination of the former and latter.

Dr did not report this information to police. He in fact did not recover this memory until he was under hypnosis later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back