Site visit pics

AGettler

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to have some time to stop by the site and pay my respects on 8/10/19.
The humidity was maybe the worst I had experienced and the shrubs/bushes were not going to allow me to get to the location of the discovery site, not wearing my crocs, at least.

Attachments

• IMG_1169.JPG
    IMG_1169.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 98
need to reduce the size of some of the pics...

more pics

image 1181 is the former Blue Beacon Truck Wash

Attachments

• plaque2.jpg
    plaque2.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1178.JPG
    IMG_1178.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1175.JPG
    IMG_1175.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1181.JPG
    IMG_1181.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 148
  • discovery site.JPG
    discovery site.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 143
  • discovery site2.JPG
    discovery site2.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 125
They bulldozed the original discovery site. It looks like some growth has taken place since they bulldozed it, but the creek (not to be confused with the bayou, which is still there) where the boys were found is completely gone.

Glad to see that the school cleaned the memorial plague after PH and AH defaced it recently.

They bulldozed the original discovery site. It looks like some growth has taken place since they bulldozed it, but the creek (not to be confused with the bayou, which is still there) where the boys were found is completely gone.

Glad to see that the school cleaned the memorial plague after PH and AH defaced it recently.

PH defaced it, wtf? I am out of it, AH is not ringing any bells.
Yes, the woods and creek are gone and filled in. Winter might be the best time if one wants to stand at the discovery site since the way is largely blocked by bushes and such, at the end of summer.

That one is deleted by me, hadn't been keeping up with the local scuttlebut lately. And again thank you for sharing those pics. Good to see the ground in the sunlight and healing. Such an awful dark evil place for those young lives taken.

PH defaced it, wtf? I am out of it, AH is not ringing any bells.
Yes, the woods and creek are gone and filled in. Winter might be the best time if one wants to stand at the discovery site since the way is largely blocked by bushes and such, at the end of summer.

Yeah, unfortunately. AH is PH's daughter, SB's sister. If memory serves, one of them even posted a video on facebook showing them defacing it. I don't have a facebook account, but I read about it on another board. They both seemed out of it (so I hear), i.e. drunk or worse. They did it to "honor" SB evidently, which is a really idiotic way to honor his memory; that's why many thought they were intoxicated or something.

Did you see Mayfair? They tore them down, right?

I looked up the houses of MM and CB last night after I saw your post, and it looks like they are both occupied again after having been abandoned for a while. You probably saw them as you went to Weaver; MM's old house is literally right next door off of E. Barton and CB's is just across the street; both on the corners.

Anyways, thanks for the pictures. I hear that is somewhat of a rough neighborhood these days, so again, kudos.

Thanks for the update, said that PH still struggles with these issues. I can't imagine the hell she's been through. West Memphis is certainly a strange place. Probably not healthy for any of the families to be there.MOO

Heading there this weekend to see the discovery site for the first time. Wish it looked more like it did when the murders occurred. I personally think it was just a dump site. No way the murders occurred there.

Heading there this weekend to see the discovery site for the first time. Wish it looked more like it did when the murders occurred. I personally think it was just a dump site. No way the murders occurred there.

Hope you can take and post some pictures.

To this day, I still don't know if this was the murder site or just the dump site. I go back and forth. No tire tracks at all were found. Why choose an area that has not one but two 24 hour establishments right next to it, immediately off of a busy highway, with houses a stone's throw away, and that was being searched all night (from as early as 6:30/7:00 p.m.) by volunteers/police/and family members? There really weren't better, more secluded options? The Mississippi River would have been a much better option and is just 5 miles from the discovery site -- why not utilize that?

The only way the bodies were dumped here, was if the East Field was used. They couldn't have been dumped on the West side, with the Blue Beacon right there and the 76 Truck Stop a stones throw away -- and like I mentioned, there were no tracks found on the east field.

The only other way, without leaving tracks, would have been by boat.

The boys were also spotted in the vicinity by Cindy Rico at 6:30 p.m., with other sightings of the boys in the neighborhood and even at the pipe bridge (if memory serves). Which again begs the question: why bring them back to the area they were last spotted in? You would assume that would be the last place the killer would want to return when choosing a dump site, as it more than likely was at least the abduction site (if not the murder site).

Last edited:
Yeah, unfortunately. AH is PH's daughter, SB's sister. If memory serves, one of them even posted a video on facebook showing them defacing it. I don't have a facebook account, but I read about it on another board. They both seemed out of it (so I hear), i.e. drunk or worse. They did it to "honor" SB evidently, which is a really idiotic way to honor his memory; that's why many thought they were intoxicated or something.

Did you see Mayfair? They tore them down, right?

I looked up the houses of MM and CB last night after I saw your post, and it looks like they are both occupied again after having been abandoned for a while. You probably saw them as you went to Weaver; MM's old house is literally right next door off of E. Barton and CB's is just across the street; both on the corners.

Anyways, thanks for the pictures. I hear that is somewhat of a rough neighborhood these days, so again, kudos.

Yes, the Mayfair apartments are gone.
I wish I had known about the houses before I got there. I was in something of a hurry, otherwise I would have looked them up.
And, yes, the neighborhood seems to be rough and I did not feel safe.

Yes, the Mayfair apartments are gone.
I wish I had known about the houses before I got there. I was in something of a hurry, otherwise I would have looked them up.
And, yes, the neighborhood seems to be rough and I did not feel safe.

It's a bit of a shame, in a way. I understand that the neighborhood would want to "move on" and get rid of areas that were associated with the murders, but then again, I feel like the more spots that are lost, the lower the chances become of ever finding out what really happened. Many people believe the Mayfair Apartments were a key location in the boys' disappearance. Some believe that is were the boys "hideout" was, were they said they were going that day -- many believe that one of the laundry rooms was the hideout. Many years have past of course, but I was always hopeful that perhaps these sites would still have evidence -- but now, that's an impossibility.

does anyone know when the mayfair apartments became abandoned? and why this happened?

i do believe that there were definitely clues that could've helped potentially solve the case there and now they are gone forever. makes you wonder if they were abandoned and demolished because of that....

I would imagine West Memphis would like all remnants and reminders of these murders to disappear .
Not sure how long the apartments had been there, beacon is gone as well, I believe and 76 truck stops don't exist anymore. There are pics at jivepuppi I believe .
Does anyone think the murders can be solved without LE investigation ? MOO

I would imagine West Memphis would like all remnants and reminders of these murders to disappear .
Not sure how long the apartments had been there, beacon is gone as well, I believe and 76 truck stops don't exist anymore. There are pics at jivepuppi I believe .
Does anyone think the murders can be solved without LE investigation ? MOO

A documentary just came out called "The Forgotten West Memphis 3." Bob Ruff is trying to get the governor, I think, or DA, to look into further DNA analysis. I listened to Bob on True Crime Garage, but have not seen the documentary yet. Bob did an exhaustive, and I mean exhaustive, analysis of the case and he is a true authority on the case. He was told, the case can be solved if today's dna analysis could be used on some of the evidence. He could solve it, without LE doing anything but releasing some evidence for analysis.

If interested in Bob's own podcast, it is here https://www.truthandjusticepod.com/home
He covers other cases as well.

A documentary just came out called "The Forgotten West Memphis 3." Bob Ruff is trying to get the governor, I think, or DA, to look into further DNA analysis. I listened to Bob on True Crime Garage, but have not seen the documentary yet. Bob did an exhaustive, and I mean exhaustive, analysis of the case and he is a true authority on the case. He was told, the case can be solved if today's dna analysis could be used on some of the evidence. He could solve it, without LE doing anything but releasing some evidence for analysis.

If interested in Bob's own podcast, it is here https://www.truthandjusticepod.com/home
He covers other cases as well.

Respectfully, I have to completely disagree about Bob Ruff. I listened to his original podcast on the case, and I must say, it was littered with inaccuracies that he would have to correct in the follow-up episodes. Bob has an agenda, and before he even began investigating the case, he had talked to DE and pretty much decided they were innocent from the jump -- which is fine, but he tried to pretend like he never had any bias in the case, which was completely false. He's a guy who strictly looks for questionable cases simply so he can act as this sort of "injustice warrior" fighting to correct it (Adnan Sayed, etc.), but the worst part of it is, he enters these cases and makes up his mind without ever really delving into them beforehand. With the WM3 case, he was learning as he went along -- so along the way, he got many things wrong; then essentially painted himself into a corner and had to double-down before investigating all aspects of the case (which he nowhere near did).

Also, his Oxygen special was completely pointless. Don't get me wrong: I support his effort to have any DNA tested. That said, his special included nothing new about the case at all. One would be better served to simply watch all the Paradise Lost docs -- they contain much more information. Ruff's special -- a lot of the time -- is simply footage taken from the PL docs anyway.

Respectfully, I have to completely disagree about Bob Ruff. I listened to his original podcast on the case, and I must say, it was littered with inaccuracies that he would have to correct in the follow-up episodes. Bob has an agenda, and before he even began investigating the case, he had talked to DE and pretty much decided they were innocent from the jump -- which is fine, but he tried to pretend like he never had any bias in the case, which was completely false. He's a guy who strictly looks for questionable cases simply so he can act as this sort of "injustice warrior" fighting to correct it (Adnan Sayed, etc.), but the worst part of it is, he enters these cases and makes up his mind without ever really delving into them beforehand. With the WM3 case, he was learning as he went along -- so along the way, he got many things wrong; then essentially painted himself into a corner and had to double-down before investigating all aspects of the case (which he nowhere near did).

Also, his Oxygen special was completely pointless. Don't get me wrong: I support his effort to have any DNA tested. That said, his special included nothing new about the case at all. One would be better served to simply watch all the Paradise Lost docs -- they contain much more information. Ruff's special -- a lot of the time -- is simply footage taken from the PL docs anyway.

What are the outstanding inaccuracies?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back