Skin Carving...The New Tattoo???

Ciara

Reaction score
NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED so please be warned. The pics on here show the whole process of skin carving and they are pretty gross.
What do you all think of this then?

Edited to add:. I have taken this link out as it seemed some people were getting a virus warning. I have the pics but I am not sure if they are too graphic to paste up here as they show bits of skin taken from the body for the carving. I dont want to be responsible for anyone getting a virus incase their software misses it. Sorry All

:eek:
Not for me! I like tattoo and have one but can't imagine doing that to my body.
It's kind of like the branding thing some people are doing. NO way!
Though once the branding heals, it does look neat....but why anyone would want to disfigure themselves is beyond me!

Though once the branding heals, it does look neat....but why anyone would want to disfigure themselves is beyond me!

Because the person who has it done regards it as art, not disfigurement. Disfigurement, like beauty, can be in the eye of the beholder.

While not for me, I think it's beautiful.

And since she appears to be an adult, who, in the end, is she hurting>

I think it is HORRIBLE and it is going to look like crap once she gets in her 50's and 60's! :eek: IMO...I think it looks like crap ALREADY! :eek:

The top pic in that article is not the finished project either as it changes again when its healed. Imagine if it got infected:eek:
Anyway its not my cup of tea but tattoos have become so mainstream now where once they were seen as "edgy" so I think people will try to outdo themselves in other ways and this is one of them.

That's a rather large example. I'm going to brand this guy I've known for about 5 years... but I was thinking something SMALL and quick.

That picture looks like a major endorphin rush in the photo, but I'll bet the next day she was staying drunk and sick with pain. Jeesh, I'd take my kid to the hospital for just one of those skin removal pieces missing from her by accident!

I can't think of anything to say but YUCK! Don't people have anything better to do????

Guys --

don't click on the link -- It sent me a virus -- thankfully detected by my virus checking software, though

btw -- gross!

bleckkkkkkkkk :eek::confused:

OMG.

That just gives me the willies; I'm so glad my kids are grown and hopefully past the stage of wanting that.

But another thing I wonder? Here we are in a recession, people are having trouble paying for food or gas, WHO PAY's FOR THIS?

People have been doing this forever! Back in the 90's this was kinda popular in some groups. I remember my friends doing it.

Also people "lacing" up their back.

Guys --

don't click on the link -- It sent me a virus -- thankfully detected by my virus checking software, though

btw -- gross!
Really?? I clicked on it and it was fine. Ohhh I would never knowingly put a virus up here. How do they do that when its just a blog, does anyone know?
Maybe I should just paste the pics of the carving on here instead???

That is kinda gross! Ugh! I love tattoos, I have 2 and would love to have more, but NO scarification (skinning) of my body. That looks like a horror movie.

BTW: My virus software picked up activity on the link also.

I think this is traditionally practiced in some African cultures.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back