Skin Carving...The New Tattoo???

Really?? I clicked on it and it was fine. Ohhh I would never knowingly put a virus up here. How do they do that when its just a blog, does anyone know?
Maybe I should just paste the pics of the carving on here instead???

No, I know nothing intentional & my virus checker got it so no biggy. Just letting folks know. :)

I actually clicked on it twice, because I was so shocked. It was the second time that I got the message, so not sure why it didn't give me a message the first time.

Thanks for the heads up on that mostly lurking. You wouldnt think you'd find something like that on just an ordinary blog. I cant put a warning at the top of the thread for people to tell them before they click either can I?
I'll feel responsible if someone gets a virus.

I know its not but it just looks SORE!

That's part of the point of it... the soreness... the raw feeling.

ETA: My virus software picked up activity also..

Shall I just paste the pics here so no one else has to click on the article or would they be too graphic?? I dont want anyone else to click on the link incase their virus software misses it??

I got a virus by clicking on that link too. I downloaded the free version of AVG. It picked it up and cleared it off. It was called framer.v (something).

I have AVG, but I didn't get notification of anything. Yes, that framer thing has been going around.

:eek:
Not for me! I like tattoo and have one but can't imagine doing that to my body.
It's kind of like the branding thing some people are doing. NO way!
Though once the branding heals, it does look neat....but why anyone would want to disfigure themselves is beyond me!

I just found this post ironic. I bolded the parts that struck me.

In a society where piercings and tattoos are commonplace (I have done both, so I'm not dogging on Ember :) ) I think people end up going farther and farther to stay on the edge, and to show their individuality. I wonder what the future will bring?

branding has been going on for a long time... carving?
i think that i have to agree with the person who says people are just trying to become more and more imaginative with their body art.

branding has been going on for a long time... carving?
i think that i have to agree with the person who says people are just trying to become more and more imaginative with their body art.

People are discovering there are other ways to express who they are, what they feel.

The "art" on my body is in places only I and my husband can see. Actually, unless I turn and look in a mirror or strain to see, I can't even see the Tattoos. The scars, bites and burns I can but they are not out where the public can, thankfully!

I enjoy the process almost more than the end result.. I don't think we can generalize why people indulge in "body art".

I didn't see the link or pictures but in general I figure why not?

I've seen a cutting on a friend that is a spiderweb with a feather hanging from one point that is quite beautiful. She has to get it renewed every couple years because it fades after awhile so it can't be seen.

I have seen a picture of a woman who suffered third degree burns on her neck, shoulder and back. After the burns healed up (which took years), she was embarrassed and self conscious about them. Then an artist friend showed her how the scar across her shoulder and neck could be turned into an image of a phoenix emerging from her body with a combination of scarification and tattooing. The tattooing was bright and obvious, the scarification less clear and then the scar tissue looked like a hint of the phoenix's body and tail.

After she had the work done, her feelings about the scars changed--they were a beautiful part of her, they symbolised the renewal of her life after that terrible accident.

What a wonderful way to deal with what life had brought her!

I didn't see the link or pictures but in general I figure why not?

I've seen a cutting on a friend that is a spiderweb with a feather hanging from one point that is quite beautiful. She has to get it renewed every couple years because it fades after awhile so it can't be seen.

I have seen a picture of a woman who suffered third degree burns on her neck, shoulder and back. After the burns healed up (which took years), she was embarrassed and self conscious about them. Then an artist friend showed her how the scar across her shoulder and neck could be turned into an image of a phoenix emerging from her body with a combination of scarification and tattooing. The tattooing was bright and obvious, the scarification less clear and then the scar tissue looked like a hint of the phoenix's body and tail.

After she had the work done, her feelings about the scars changed--they were a beautiful part of her, they symbolised the renewal of her life after that terrible accident.

What a wonderful way to deal with what life had brought her!

My thoughts exactly :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong