Skull fracture question

Well, JonBenet was zonked that night...so I doubt Patsy would take the time to put a ponytail on her. She didn't bother to remove her shirt and jewelry so why bother with the hair?

My belief is that the bottom ponytail was used in the strangulation process. There were no defensive wounds during the strangulation so I believe she was already unconconcious from the head wound when she was strangled.

PR's temper was mentioned more than once by people that knew her.

Re the asymetrical ponytails...I think I may be the only one here who really does not think they have anything to do with the crime or staging. PR mentioned she always put JBR's hair in a ponytail when she got her ready for bed. That would be the lower ponytail near the nape of the neck (the one that got wound into the garrotte). And JBR is sometimes seen with a topknot-style ponytail gathering just the front portion on hair up into the hairtie and leaving the rest to fall down long aroud her shoulders. I've seen this hairstyle in the picture we've all seen posted here and elsewhere- a pretty JBR in a navy blue/white piping top and a big white bow holding her topknot ponytail. IF she went to the White's party with that topknot (and remember she had a red/white/black hairtie wrapped around it over the blue one) it would have matched her outfit that day. So it is possible that when they got home, PR simply left the topknot in place and pulled the rest of the long hair back into the lower ponytail.
I think if there was a sexual scenario involving erotic asphyxiation or anything to do with the garrotte- I just can't see arranging a child's hair would be a part of that. If looking at her face as she is strangled is important- her hair wouldn't prevent that if left long. And actually, it seems from the evidence she was strangled from the back, while laying on her stomach. Livor mortis patterns indicate she was placed on her back either at death or right after, as if she had not been, there would be a livor pattern in the front instead of the back. There was also livor mortis on the right side of her face, which is in keeping with the way she was discovered with her head cocked to the right.

DeeDee249,
Re the asymetrical ponytails...I think I may be the only one here who really does not think they have anything to do with the crime or staging.
Possibly, but then they can show us other aspects:

1.) JonBenet's parents are on record as stating they placed JonBenet directly into bed, and did not restyle her hair at all.

2.) The parents are on record as stating JonBenet normally wore her hair up in ponytails in bed.

3.) JonBenet was discovered with her hair styled with assymetric ponytails, e.g. non-matching hair-ties were applied.

4.) JonBenet was awake and walking about long after arriving back from the White's party, the pineapple residue in her stomach confirms this.

Statements 3. and 4. contradict 1.

Well, JonBenet was zonked that night...so I doubt Patsy would take the time to put a ponytail on her. She didn't bother to remove her shirt and jewelry so why bother with the hair?

My belief is that the bottom ponytail was used in the strangulation process. There were no defensive wounds during the strangulation so I believe she was already unconconcious from the head wound when she was strangled.

Toltec

Could you expand upon this?

PR mentioned that she usually put JBR's hair in a ponytail for bed. No one has any way of knowing whether she did it that night. Photos of JBR Christmas morning show her still in the pink pajamas with her hair down long. But that still doesn't mean she didn't sleep in a ponytail. She could have pulled out the hairtie right after getting up. My daughter always had waist-length hair. I made a loose ponytail or braid every night. She's 31 and she STILL does it.
I too know peope with very thick and long hair who wear it braided or in a ponytail at night to avoid tangling. But when you look at JonBenet's hair without the artificial curls (on the paperback cover of PMPT for example), you can see she has thin hair, so imo there was no real need to tie it in a ponytail at night.

wow, I had no idea that I should have been putting my hair in ponytails... I have extremely thick (every one of my hairstylists have always been amazed at how thick it is) hair, and very curly. Until about a year ago it was almost down to my butt. I didn't realize it was anywhere near that long because mine is so naturally curly, however the first time I straightened it I realized I needed a haircut! It looks like I have a perm if I don't straighten it. When I was little, my mom never put ponytails in my hair before bed, just the opposite. I always had pigtails in, but they came out before I went to bed. Then again, I had a bath every night too.

Thought this may fit in here for comparative purposes:

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070625/NEWS01/206250328/-1/news

Excerpt:
Mom’s charges altered

Belonga remains free on bail while facing a second-degree murder charge. The first charge against Belonga alleged that she killed her daughter, Rylea Belonga, by “strangling . . . and striking her head against a hard surface,” causing fatal arterial and brain injuries.

Rylea Belonga was hospitalized Jan. 6, 2006, and died later of what doctors concluded was a brain injury caused by choking and blunt force to her head, police reported.

Belonga’s lawyers have pointed out that Belonga never told police she choked or strangled Rylea or hit Rylea’s head. She did admit to handling Rylea roughly while changing a diaper and while sending her into a “time out.”

This indictment alleges Belonga killed her daughter “recklessly” and “through the application of physical force.”

So it seems parents DO things like this then? Are you listening, former Ramsey Grand Jury?

like SD said,a couple of reasons could be..maybe snow white syndrome..and or maybe she'd taken JB as far as she could and being the mother of a dead beauty queen was the best she figured she could do now..
I just wonder if we're being too nice here...and being fooled just like the GJ was...they thought no parent could have done this..we think a parent could have,only it was an accident,not intentional.maybe she meant to at the time,but later had regrets.maybe not.Barbara Fernie said she didn't seem to be grieving.It makes you wonder.Patsy didn't seem to be to 'together' near the end of JB's life...her having JB looking like a 21 yo in the pageants...the way she dressed like JK at her funeral,doing the same things,kneeling at the coffin..yelling the Lazarus line when JR 'found' her...corporal cleaning...these aren't indications of someone who's all there and normal,kwim?

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. No, she definately didn't act like a grieving parent.

Yes, it is odd, especially if she was struck with something with an edge to it, like the flashlight or golf club as suggested in various theories. The lack of a laceration is one clue that causes me to think there were two simultaneous blows since one striking blow with either of the above instruments would surely have left a laceration. I suppose her hair could have protected her but if so the two pony tails seem to expose that area rather than pad it, which might suggest the pony tails were placed their after the deed.

Another poster whose name I can't recall (maybe Solace) said their thought was the two pony tails were used to hold the two sections of the skull together. That whoever did this could tell the head was split in two and pulled up the hair and bound it. It sounds more reasonable than anything I can think up. It seems important in analyzing the skull injury, since Patsy said JonBenet didn't go to bed with her hair fixed in those two pony tails.

I believe that she was struck twice too...but not simultaneously. I believe that one happened in the bathroom, when she was slung against the side of the tub, and after collaborating on a coverup, they drug her to the cellar where the other head blow was delivered, and the rest of the staging began.

Yes, it was Solace that said that she wondered if the two ponytails were used to hold the two sections of her skull together..and I agree...that makes more sense than anything else that I have read.

I too know peope with very thick and long hair who wear it braided or in a ponytail at night to avoid tangling. But when you look at JonBenet's hair without the artificial curls (on the paperback cover of PMPT for example), you can see she has thin hair, so imo there was no real need to tie it in a ponytail at night.

Yep, her hair was long and thin like my five year olds. I have NEVER put her hair in a ponytail. And if her hair is in a ponytail during the day, she always gets me to take it out, before she goes to bed, because it bothers her.

So it seems parents DO things like this then? Are you listening, former Ramsey Grand Jury?

I have often wondered, if JR, Burke...or "former Ramsey Grand Jury" members, get on these boards to "lurk around".

I have often wondered, if JR, Burke...or "former Ramsey Grand Jury" members, get on these boards to "lurk around".

They must. It's just too tempting. I bet some of the original LE do too. As well as Aunt P.

They must. It's just too tempting. I bet some of the original LE do too. As well as Aunt P.

I wish that we had a smiley that I could use....one that is flipping a bird....I would use it right now...LOL

John, LE, Aunt SPAMMY, Former Grand Jury members .....if you are reading this....this is for you...

:slap: :loser: :liar: :furious: and last but not least.....:razz:

Another board I belong to DOES have a "finger" smiley! They have one that vomits, too.

Another board I belong to DOES have a "finger" smiley! They have one that vomits, too.

I belong to another board that has those too...along with one that shows its smiley butt, and moons people. LOL

Thought this may fit in here for comparative purposes:

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070625/NEWS01/206250328/-1/news

Excerpt:
Mom’s charges altered

Belonga remains free on bail while facing a second-degree murder charge. The first charge against Belonga alleged that she killed her daughter, Rylea Belonga, by “strangling . . . and striking her head against a hard surface,” causing fatal arterial and brain injuries.

Rylea Belonga was hospitalized Jan. 6, 2006, and died later of what doctors concluded was a brain injury caused by choking and blunt force to her head, police reported.

Belonga’s lawyers have pointed out that Belonga never told police she choked or strangled Rylea or hit Rylea’s head. She did admit to handling Rylea roughly while changing a diaper and while sending her into a “time out.”

This indictment alleges Belonga killed her daughter “recklessly” and “through the application of physical force.”

Very interesting case for comparison purposes, UkGuy. Thanks for directing our attention to it.

I wish that we had a smiley that I could use....one that is flipping a bird....I would use it right now...LOL
here feel free to snag:

boese1.gif

I know we can't name names,but when the trouble makers come along,I have my suspicions as to who is whom.

I've got a list of people for that one!

Send 'em my way!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back