Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going back to my original theory that the killer/killers did not know the girls and there was no specific motive other than to shut them up for some reason. They heard or saw something they should not have.

You might be right. The killer(s) might be nothing more than hit men who were paid to quiet them and send a message that maybe the family doesn't want to make public for fear of their own lives.

I don't see that scenario. I don't think the killer/killers had any attachment to the girls or had a vendetta of any kind. I think they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I don't see that scenario. I don't think the killer/killers had any attachment to the girls or had a vendetta of any kind. I think they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I don't either and that is why I think Peter Placker wants to know who and why someone could do such a thing.

IMO, it obvious he doesn't have a clue why these two young girls were killed and it eats at him everyday trying to make sense of it because it is such a senseless crime.

I also agree. The killer or killers had no attachment to these children. He/they were cold and methodical without emotion. I think it was a crime of opportunity by someone with a evil twisted mind. One they may have been scouting out to find that day.

I also don't agree with Mark Furhman that the killers had military training. Many in that area are avid hunters and are taught to make head and chest shots when bringing down large game, such as a deer.

imoo

FC
It's odd, it was an up close and "personal" killing, but carried out in an impersonal, cold, calculated manner. I think that's why we are all so confused and having a hard time settling on a motive - it's both personal, in that the killer(s) must have been standing face to face with the girls and not more than a few feet away, and yet the shooting was so efficient and so deadly and so fast. There wasn't a bit of hesitation - and it was done in a place which was almost "public" - the killer(s) sure didn't make it possible to "linger" with the victims. Like I said - impersonal and yet very personal. That's why I cannot believe there was more than one shooter - a killer with this level of disassociation and calm efficiency when executing children is not (logically) a novice to this type of scenario.

Sociopaths or experienced assassins would not normally appear in rural Weleetka in PAIRS would they?

My Opinion

I agree with what FlowerChild says. It is the only thing in my mind that makes sense...... Not that anything really does but this does fit.
But we are not psychos here (I hope not) so how do we really know how these folks think & rationlize

While Mark might have a point, I don't see the military or LE background either. You are right about hunters tho.

FC
It's odd, it was an up close and "personal" killing, but carried out in an impersonal, cold, calculated manner. I think that's why we are all so confused and having a hard time settling on a motive - it's both personal, in that the killer(s) must have been standing face to face with the girls and not more than a few feet away, and yet the shooting was so efficient and so deadly and so fast. There wasn't a bit of hesitation - and it was done in a place which was almost "public" - the killer(s) sure didn't make it possible to "linger" with the victims. Like I said - impersonal and yet very personal. That's why I cannot believe there was more than one shooter - a killer with this level of disassociation and calm efficiency when executing children is not (logically) a novice to this type of scenario.

Sociopaths or experienced assassins would not normally appear in rural Weleetka in PAIRS would they?

My Opinion

I agree with what FlowerChild says. It is the only thing in my mind that makes sense...... Not that anything really does but this does fit.
But we are not psychos here (I hope not) so how do we really know how these folks think & rationalize

Didn't Henry Lucas and Peter Toole hang together for a long time doing their evil muderous deeds?

I don't exclude two misfits being together anymore than I would one lone misfit psychopath.

imoo

I don't either and that is why I think Peter Placker wants to know who and why someone could do such a thing.

IMO, it obvious he doesn't have a clue why these two young girls were killed and it eats at him everyday trying to make sense of it because it is such a senseless crime.

I also agree. The killer or killers had no attachment to these children. He/they were cold and methodical without emotion. I think it was a crime of opportunity by someone with a evil twisted mind. One they may have been scouting out to find that day.

I also don't agree with Mark Furhman that the killers had military training. Many in that area are avid hunters and are taught to make head and chest shots when bringing down large game, such as a deer.

imoo

As usual, I agree with everything you post.
Mark Furhman is off on this one.
I'm not saying that one of the unsubs (if there were two) doesn't have military experience, because a lot of men in country or rural areas do serve, but the POI in the sketch? Nah..I doubt he was ever in the military, because American Indians do not have a high enlistment rate. Latinos/hispanics do, but not AI.
As you mentioned, people in the area are used to guns and killing dear etc.
Also Ocean, don't you think the fact the girls were not hidden or taken to be desposed of somewhere that would take a few days to find them, shows the killer doesn't have a personal connection to them?
The POI had to know they would be found minutes after he left because the road was pretty well traveled.
It's like he knew they couldn't/wouldn't immediately be connected to him.

I agree that they are obligated to go by what the witnesses tell them unless they have evidence that proves otherwise.

I'm still curious about the "couple of" or "several" witnesses who saw POI (not to be confused with the male witness who saw the girls walking together and has been deemed very credible) and whether it was one vehicle with 2 people who reported seeing the POI, and whether it was 1 or 2 separate sightings. Sometimes I wonder if they were covering for others (like someone's son or sons, etc.). Just my opinion - I go back and forth on it.

Thoughts?

I tend to think that there was more then 1 witness, in two or more separate cars that saw him. The reason being that when you go back and reread the different articles, some state the POI was standing outside the truck and some say sitting. Then you have the side view of him as well as the full frontal view, both drawn by the sketch artist. This leads me to believe that more then 1 witness, at different times, driving past the truck saw him, when he was in different positions.

It also makes me think he was a look out of sorts who was waiting on someone to come out of the woods. I fully believe the girls were in the wrong place at the wrong time and saw something, or the perps thought they did, that shouldn't have been seen.

Didn't Henry Lucas and Peter Toole hang together for a long time doing their evil muderous deeds?

I don't exclude two misfits being together anymore than I would one lone misfit psychopath.

imoo

There are plenty of cases where two or more have hung together in crime. I immediately thought of Leopold and Loeb, the Manson Gang, Bonnie and Clyde, Malvo and Muhammed, Kenneth Bianchi and Angelo Buono, and namerous cases where groups of teenagers have joined together to kill individuals or families. It isn't unusual to have two misfits working together in evil.

Are we even sure the POI exists?

Compare this case to the murder of Eve Carson at the University of North Carolina. That was a nasty crime but as the investigation developed I do not remember one odd occurance in the case. The killing was unbelievable but everything made sense.

Too much doesn't make sense in this case. So something must not be accurate.

This crime made sense to somebody.

I think that the POI is still in the general area and I think the truck is too. However I don't think the POI owns the truck, I think the others involved, who were not seen by the witnesses, they are the truck owners. So looking for the POI and the truck together will not turn up anything. Without the tag numbers on the truck that is like a needle in a haystack.

Are we even sure the POI exists?

Compare this case to the murder of Eve Carson at the University of North Carolina. That was a nasty crime but as the investigation developed I do not remember one odd occurance in the case. The killing was unbelievable but everything made sense.

Too much doesn't make sense in this case. So something must not be accurate.

This crime made sense to somebody.

I don't know what to believe anymore. One minute I think drugs, the next I think they threatened someone. They didn't run for a reason and I think they were so scared, they froze. I'm wondering if this POI was created to throw LE off.

LE seems very sure this person of interest exisits. They have stated they have more then 1, several, very credible witnesses who saw him on the road that day.

Ok I am posting several snips of media.. Lets re-read some of these & expand on our ideas...maybe it is what the are NOT sying.. Just an idea.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation has been called in for help in the case. Choate said authorities combed County Line Road for evidence Sunday and again on Monday.

The sheriff said some clues have been found and that his office has come up with possible suspects. He would not elaborate on any evidence found, nor would he say how many suspects are involved.

Choate said authorities still are trying to determine if the girls were killed by someone driving a car along the road "or whether someone just walked out of the woods and shot them."

"We're not eliminating anything at this point," he said, as the OSBI and his deputies continued their search for more clues or possible witnesses
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080610_12_A1_hThetw874180

---------
Witness Emerges In Case
Investigators look into a witness account that he saw the girls moments before their deaths. A state agent said a witness came forward and reported seeing the girls near the scene where they were shot to death on Sunday.
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation lead agent Ben Rosser said they tested the witness' story and believe him to be credible. During a Thursday news conference, Rosser said that the witness offered no names of people he might have seen in the area.
Rosser added that he would rather not say whether the witness offered descriptions of people in the area.
http://www.koco.com/news/16589907/detail.html

Asked if the witness saw anyone or any vehicles nearby at the time he saw the girls walking on the road, Rosser declined comment.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080612_12_WELEE73577

Witnesses said the man was seen standing outside his truck on the county road where the girls were later found dead. Brown said witnesses told investigators that truck was blocking the road around the time of the shooting and the man was standing outside the truck. About six witnesses have given the same account, Brown said.
http://www.newsok.com/article/3256954/

The info in those media accounts can't be accurate. And that is ODD.

If those media accounts are accurate then there was a traffic jam on that road.

Has there been any info released as to the possible year of the vehicle? Late model or older truck?

I do not understand. Are we not suppose to believe what the OSBI is saying? These are the only clues we get is from the media reports. BTW I took them all from what we have posted in our media link. i don't think all the witnesses were in cars.

The info in those media accounts can't be accurate. And that is ODD.

If those media accounts are accurate then there was a traffic jam on that road.

Has there been any info released as to the possible year of the vehicle? Late model or older truck?

Not too much more is available about the truck, just a white single cab truck with OK plate on the back. Which means the tailgate was up, otherwise they wouldn't have seen the plate.

Also the witnesses could be right and the accounts accurate. If he was waiting on someone who was in the woods to come out of the woods he may have sat there 20 minutes. The girls may have passed him on their way to the bridge and their way back..which was something I hadn't thought of before. This road was a road that was on a direct route, so many people did use this road.

Hello Everyone~

This case has been looked at and profiled by a professional profiler. The profilers suggestions have been posted at the other forum. I will post what he / she has suggested:
(Please keep in mind that criminal profiling is not an exact science).

1.) The murderer is a mixture of organized and disorganized. (You can google both terms and learn more about what that exactly means)

2.) The murderer has a prior record with LE

3.) The murderers fingerprints will be in AFIX. If LE had finger prints we would know who had killed the girls.

4.) The motive for the killings will be sex.

I thought ya'll might find this perspective interesting.

Witnesses said the man was seen standing outside his truck on the county road where the girls were later found dead. Brown said witnesses told investigators that truck was blocking the road around the time of the shooting and the man was standing outside the truck. About six witnesses have given the same account, Brown said.
http://www.newsok.com/article/3256954/

Doesn't it seem strange to anyone that there are six witnesses, yet not one has come forward in front of media. You know how people are and how so many want their 15 minutes of fame. Something doesn't sit right w/ me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson