Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys!

Looks like there is a lot to read.
Hope everyone has had a good day.
I am off to get caught up.

Regarding the POI not being named until Wednesday or Thursday. The LE stated that there was a reason, the safety of at least one witness, who supposedly had been out of town and her/his absence could have identified them, that the sketch wasn't available until Thursday of that week after the murders.

Edit: It helps (me at least) to remember that LE seems to be fairly convinced, for reasons they have not shared publicly, that this was a crime committed by a local and they just need that one confession/fact/report to break the case open. Whether we agree with them is why we are here posting.

I think that goes hand in hand with the statement from Nancy Grace Transcript :
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0806/12/ng.01.html

" Police told us today that they had talked to an eyewitness who saw the girls minutes before they were shot. They say that he`s actually helping them establish a critical timeline. And investigators specifically addressed the killer or killers, letting them know that this witness was in the area just before the shooting."

I just thought about this statement:
"She was very smart," said Mosher, who last saw Taylor two weeks ago at a family reunion
Do you think that could have opened a door to anything?

CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/11/ok.girls.deaths/
The two girls had planned a sleepover at Taylor's house the night they were killed. They left the house about 5 p.m
Sheesh, even that article was wrong on the time they left the house, and hadn't Sklya spent the night before with Taylor and her mother was on her way over to pick her up?

I just thought about this statement:
"She was very smart," said Mosher, who last saw Taylor two weeks ago at a family reunion
Do you think that could have opened a door to anything?

CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/11/ok.girls.deaths/
Are you saying something may have happened at the reunion which could have been the catalyst for the murders? Something that "smart" Taylor figured out?

Where was the family reunion held? Anyone know?

Are you saying something may have happened at the reunion which could have been the catalyst for the murders? Something that "smart" Taylor figured out?

Where was the family reunion held? Anyone know?

Yes that is what I meant. I mean why not.. We have never brought that up before. I know it's like grasping at straws. But what about the get together.. who was all there? We know the history with some of them.

I really want to be careful about statements & I do not want to say the wrong thing, this family has been to hell & back.

Thinking along those lines, I would want to know where the reunion was held first. Was it at Taylor's house? Nearby at a Lake shelter? A park? Did Skyla attend with Taylor? How many people did attend? Non-relatives? Was there another group of people near them unrelated to the reunion? Did Taylor go off alone to explore?

Hmmm...there are some possibilities there, GS.

Yes that is what I meant. I mean why not.. We have never brought that up before. I know it's like grasping at straws. But what about the get together.. who was all there? We know the history with some of them.

I really want to be careful about statements & I do not want to say the wrong thing, this family has been to hell & back.

You've got that right. And you know the families are just devistated! But more and more I believe we have been tippy-toeing around the possibility it could have been a family member. It has been mentioned on several occassions that it horrible things like this can and do happen alot in families, just as in the Brooke Bennet case, but I think we have all (mostly out of respect for these poor people,) been cautious and not ventured much into the possibilities that could be there.
Even the thought makes me sick. But maybe it is time to think about this.

I dont remember where I heard it, but early in the investigation I recall Mr Placker making a remark that they left OKC because of family problems. I wish I could find where I read or heard this. It has been so long, but I will look for it. It may have been mentioned by Rosser in the first part of the investigation. I'm going to review things I have saved.

Thinking along those lines, I would want to know where the reunion was held first. Was it at Taylor's house? Nearby at a Lake shelter? A park? Did Skyla attend with Taylor? How many people did attend? Non-relatives? Was there another group of people near them unrelated to the reunion? Did Taylor go off alone to explore?

Hmmm...there are some possibilities there, GS.

If I remember correctly the Pastor that officiated Taylor's funeral talked about finding out not too long ago he was kin to Taylor. He said it was at the family reunion.

imoo

You've got that right. And you know the families are just devastated! But more and more I believe we have been tippy-toeing around the possibility it could have been a family member. It has been mentioned on several occasions that it horrible things like this can and do happen alot in families, just as in the Brooke Bennet case, but I think we have all (mostly out of respect for these poor people,) been cautious and not ventured much into the possibilities that could be there.
Even the thought makes me sick. But maybe it is time to think about this.

I don't remember where I heard it, but early in the investigation I recall Mr Placker making a remark that they left OKC because of family problems. I wish I could find where I read or heard this. It has been so long, but I will look for it. It may have been mentioned by Rosser in the first part of the investigation. I'm going to review things I have saved.

I think Mr. Placker left a crime ridden city for a better environment like many people are doing nowadays. They have lived in Weleetka for three years and he said they bought this piece of land because Taylor wanted to live in the country.

The police always starts first with the family and then widens out their investigation. I do not believe any family members are involved in this crime and imo they are just like all of us. Shocked and dismayed as to who and why someone could hurt two innocent children while out for a walk.

Peter Placker pleads for anyone with any information to come forward and talk with the police. It is the who and why that haunts this family imo. They deserve answers and I hope they see justice done soon for their loved ones.

imoo

I just believe to successfully solve a crime, no stone should be left unturned. No matter how much we dont like it.

I think Mr. Placker left a crime ridden city for a better environment like many people are doing nowadays. They have lived in Weleetka for three years and he said they bought this piece of land because Taylor wanted to live in the country.

The police always starts first with the family and then widens out their investigation. I do not believe any family members are involved in this crime and imo they are just like all of us. Shocked and dismayed as to who and why someone could hurt two innocent children while out for a walk.

Peter Placker pleads for anyone with any information to come forward and talk with the police. It is the who and why that haunts this family imo. They deserve answers and I hope they see justice done soon for their loved ones.

imoo
Yes, and William Whitaker said he moved his family two years ago from Kansas so they could live in the country, and be safe! :(

Yes, and William Whitaker said he moved his family two years ago from Kansas so they could live in the country, and be safe! :(
So sad the way things turned out, huh? :(

Thru some OK Contacts I now have a local source very close to the crime scene.
Here is a different suspect we have not been aware of:

The Placker's have a neighbor who lives to the South and sorta behind their house. He is somewhat of a troubled man - has an arrest record, has a permanent restraining order on him from his ex wife and members of her family, shooting with intent to kill, feloniously pointing a weapon and he has been committed (by the state) to a mental facility at least once (and maybe twice).

His name is Jerry D Patterson, DOB 5/27/46

LE is aware of him and are checking him out. Nothing so far linking him to the murders but he has not been totally cleared of suspicion either. He does NOT look like the POI (age 62)
Here are SOME of his court records
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=244&pictureid=2697
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=244&pictureid=2696
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=244&pictureid=2695
here is a link to the "records" site
Enter Jerry D Patterson and Okfuskee County to pull his records.
http://www.odcr.com/

Per him, girls could EASILY have walked to the bridge and back home in half an hour - he says kids (including Taylor) like to throw rocks off the bridge and they probably walked to the bridge, looked at the water, threw a few rocks into the water and started back.
Here is a map I did with his help - it also shows how close Patterson lives to the Plackers - and only 1/2 mile (as the crow flies) from the crime scene
Anyone who wants a high-res copy let me know and I'll e-mail it to you - only a small file will post on WS albums
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=244&pictureid=2698

The info I have gotten from my contact is that there are no active Meth Labs or a drug "problems" of any kind in the area where the Plackers live. There are OSBI and Sheriff and Hiwy Patrol Copters checking the area from the air pretty frequently since the murders (and they also patrolled by air before, just not as often).

He does know the Paschal-Placker and Whittaker Families, not best friends or anything, but he does know them. He has driven by the Placker home at least once a week in the past and he has seen Taylor and sometimes both girls running and playing around the Placker home. He says the girls were cute active cut-ups, sometimes pulling faces at people driving by if they knew the car or popping up and waving and making hand signals (all from the Placker Yard) - if he honked they'd stick out their tongues at him, then hide their faces and then grin and giggle at him. His words were, "Their smiles would melt anyone's heart, everyone around her loved those girls."

I will add more info as I get it, I am trying to get more info on the witnesses (all local) and the families.

Just so you know - take this info for what it is, a local insight and not "official". I cannot ID my contact here (at his request), but he is very reliable, knows what is going on and is a long-term "local". He lives with his wife and family within a short drive of the Plackers - he also works in the "area".

My Opinion

Flowerchild~

Thanks for the info. And please pass on thanks to your friend.

Thank you, FlowerChild, for bringing this information forth. Also thank your friend and tell him our hearts and prayers are with his community and the families of these adorable girls.

I hope that peace comes soon and they find the person who did these unforgivable things.

imoo

Thank you so much for that information, FC. That's great that you have someone close to the source. I think it will mean alot to all of us if we can get a better insight here. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni