Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a thought - some of you may have already brought this up but in case you didn't - do you all remember the missing Eisenberg baby years ago - they suspected the parents - they bugged their house - ultimately I believe they tried to make something out of the faulty recording and never convicted the parents of any wrongdoing - my point is - do you think it is possible that they did the same thing in the Plackers house - planted a bug to listen to the conversation they have had over the last few months? I am not sure what made me think of this but if they knew of anything shady going on they would probably have discussed it over time - surely technology has improved over the years and they would have gotten a better recording - Like I said, just a thought.

Does anyone have an opinion this? Would it have been legal for them to do this to the Placker home? Is this thought just useless? If they didn't do something like this they certainly missed some interesting conversations- especially if they suspected the family, or if the family suspected people they knew.

Does anyone have an opinion this? Would it have been legal for them to do this to the Placker home? Is this thought just useless? If they didn't do something like this they certainly missed some interesting conversations- especially if they suspected the family, or if the family suspected people they knew.

Ann,

I do remember that with the Eisenbergs. It's a very interesting thought - I'm not sure if they can do it without a warrant.

I assumed today - but I don't know for sure. I just based it on the talk on the other forum - which often I take with a grain of salt so to speak, but the road issue was mentioned on here earlier today - which I believe is credible coming from that poster, The other one I can only guess,

The talk originated on this forum. From ME. And no, it wasnt in the newspaper. It apparently happened this morning, the way I heard it. A newspaper doesnt come out until tomorrow, I believe. Tuesdays, Friday's, and Sunday. So it couldnt be printed yet if it even appears in the newspaper in Henryetta, if that is where you all are talking about. I dont know about a paper in Weleetka. I just used to know the Publisher at the paper in Henryetta, but she is retired now.

The information came from someone who's family lives out that way and had to stop at the roadblock, get a password, and use it upon coming back through, or going through a second roadblock I will find out more tomorrow. My source didnt have time to give me all the details. Maybe I should have waited before saying anything.

I think it was just a matter of someone in the beginning being a good soul and made the crosses quickly to honor the children and wasn't familar with the name Skyla.

Does anyone know for sure who made the crosses? I thought I saw one of the Kelough women holding one in the video where they were talking about the gunshots. But I am not sure that is what it was.

The talk originated on this forum. From ME. And no, it wasnt in the newspaper. It apparently happened this morning, the way I heard it. A newspaper doesnt come out until tomorrow, I believe. Tuesdays, Friday's, and Sunday. So it couldnt be printed yet if it even appears in the newspaper in Henryetta, if that is where you all are talking about. I dont know about a paper in Weleetka. I just used to know the Publisher at the paper in Henryetta, but she is retired now.

The information came from someone who's family lives out that way and had to stop at the roadblock, get a password, and use it upon coming back through, or going through a second roadblock I will find out more tomorrow. My source didnt have time to give me all the details. Maybe I should have waited before saying anything.

This seems a really strange thing for LE to do. Why would they give residents a password if the roadblock was to snare drunks? Couldn't locals be drunk, too? And, if LE was looking for someone, why would they let locals in?

This seems a really strange thing for LE to do. Why would they give residents a password if the roadblock was to snare drunks? Couldn't locals be drunk, too? And, if LE was looking for someone, why would they let locals in?

When I read this roadblock/password info, I asked our local mail carrier if he saw anything he said he had passed through there at 10:00am and again at 2:00pm and he did not see anyone.
I'm not saying it is not true, I haven't found anyone local that new anything about it yet. I usually see police cars drive-by, I didn't notice any Monday.

"The Weleetkan" news paper only comes out on Friday's.

I searched on .40 caliber handgun and found a few links (I wanted to hear what they might sound like). I know very little about guns. Would the .40 caliber handguns in these videos be similar to one of the guns used?

Yes I think that will be the type of gun they are looking for the murder weapon. While I didn't go watch the videos, Glocks are very popular semiautos. Almost all LE officers will carry a Glock if they carry a semiauto. My .40 is a Springfield Armory model but looks basically the same as the Glock. This is a pretty loud firearm. Its hard to imagine to me that someone wouldn't hear it 300 yards away even with a TV, radio or with high wind. But of course if the Placker's weren't home they as many believe to be true, then no wonder they couldn't hear it.

Yes I think that will be the type of gun they are looking for the murder weapon. While I didn't go watch the videos, Glocks are very popular semiautos. Almost all LE officers will carry a Glock if they carry a semiauto. My .40 is a Springfield Armory model but looks basically the same as the Glock. This is a pretty loud firearm. Its hard to imagine to me that someone wouldn't hear it 300 yards away even with a TV, radio or with high wind. But of course if the Placker's weren't home they as many believe to be true, then no wonder they couldn't hear it.

DLT - thanks for the info!

I only read the other forum - you couldn't pay me to post there but someone said the road blocks mentioned were to catch drunk drivers???? Am I wrong but I was under the impression this was way out on a country road. I have never heard of LE setting up such a situation on an isolated area. I would think they would want to catch people on busy, highly traveled roads- where they would pose the most danger. And this happens to be out by all of these interesting people's homes? I wouldn't buy that excuse for a road block. IMO

I have seen that done in a rural area in Georgia by a mobile home park. They were checking for proof of insurance though. I wouldn't buy that excuse by the Placker's home though. Maybe they want to see who is driving by it or nosing around it. You'd think though in this day and age that maybe posting hidden cameras with sound (heck they are so common these days) up in the trees might prove to be more valuable.

While they are having a statewide crackdown on drunk drivers right now...they would not be giving residents a "password" and there would be no men in business suits conducting the roadblocks. I would like to know more about what transpired with this incident. (Our undercover officers do not wear suits unless they are in court!)

The reason they did it so "obviously" is because they want someone locally to feel the pressure. They are playing a bit of a psychological game here, they WANT someone local to know they are there and that the pressure is mounting. 1st the guns check and now the roadblock at the crime scene. They want to make someone aware they "know" and are watching... waiting.. perhaps coming for them soon.

This goes right back to my notion that they already know who's responsible, they just need someone to crack and spill something on them. They're just cranking up the heat little by little - eventually the pot is gonna boil over.

My Opinion

The reason they did it so "obviously" is because they want someone locally to feel the pressure. They are playing a bit of a psychological game here, they WANT someone local to know they are there and that the pressure is mounting. 1st the guns check and now the roadblock at the crime scene. They want to make someone aware they "know" and are watching... waiting.. perhaps coming for them soon.

This goes right back to my notion that they already know who's responsible, they just need someone to crack and spill something on them. They're just cranking up the heat little by little - eventually the pot is gonna boil over.

My Opinion

I hope you're notion is right. I'd really love to see this child murder(s) off the street.

By searching a house after everything is out of it may give clues that were missed before. I have heard of cases where blood has been found in an empty house that wasn't detected previously. There could be fingerprints or casings that were missed. In one case videos were found stuffed in an AC/Heat vent, which helped solve a case. It would be foolish not to go in just to see what they could see in an empty house.

By searching a house after everything is out of it may give clues that were missed before. I have heard of cases where blood has been found in an empty house that wasn't detected previously. There could be fingerprints or casings that were missed. In one case videos were found stuffed in an AC/Heat vent, which helped solve a case. It would be foolish not to go in just to see what they could see in an empty house.

I agree but.....I can't figure out why they would block off the street to do that?

Well, Frog is supposed to get more information on this. Right now nobody knows anything about the blocking off the road near the Plackers. There are no cross streets, so why give a password...We will have to just wait.

There has been a confirmed road block on highway 62...north on county line road. But, this other hasn't been confirmed.

Sheza, is calling and asking locals, trying to confirm this also. So, Frog should know more this afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard