Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was in the Crimes thread on the front page.. maybe this kind of testing could help with case...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71328

technical aspects of new procedure:
http://pda.physorg.com/lofi-news-sweat-processed-bond_140762564.html
"New study will make criminals sweat
Dr John Bond, a researcher at the University of Leicester, has developed a method that enables scientists to 'visualise fingerprints' even after the print itself has been removed. He and colleagues conducted a study into the way fingerprints can corrode metal surfaces. The technique can enhance – after firing– a fingerprint that has been deposited on a small calibre metal cartridge case before it is fired." ... snip.... goes on to explain how salts excreted through fingertip pores are detected & an
"indirect link therefore between obesity and the chances of being caught of a crime. "Other research has drawn links between processed foods and obesity and we know that consumers of processed foods will leave better fingerprints," he said. " ... thus the title of the article.

more:
Fingerprint Breakthrough Hope In US Double Murder Probe
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/08/080827102738.htm

GS, thanks for the info!

I'm not positive that was the show she was talking about, but the person who told me said it was a show about a guy who picks a girl from a bunch of girls, and it's real popular. So I am assuming that it was The Bachelor. Anyway.... she said the friend watched the show, and then when it was over, went outside, and heard the gunshots. So it was very near to 5:30, give or take a few minutes depending on if any commercials came on after the show before 5:30. It could have been 5 minutes before or after, but she swears she heard them. I havent found out what she said they sounded like, but I will try to. so........... if this is correct, the girls were shot right at 5:30 give or take prob 5 min at the most....unless someone is fibbing, and I didnt take it that way.

Frog, thanks for the info. Since the autopsy reports say the girls were found at 5:21PM, combined with Ocean's earlier post about unanswered calls to the girls at 5:08 & 5:10, is it possible the show ended at 5:00 and not 5:30?

Good ideas, Letsthink. I keep coming back to Uncle Joe who was so visible right after the murders.
Was he trying to deflect attention from himself?
Could he have known the girls were home alone and paid a visit, the girls got scared and ran off, he pursued them and............

Or could they have been paid to unknowingly serve as mules delivering drugs to someone?

Someone in that area knows more than they're telling and I suspect it's because they are involved in some way even if it's not the killing.....

YellowDog...good points!
I have always had questions about Uncle J. seeing the girls on the road before the shooting. Like, what time, where was he going, did he stop etc. etc?
Where was Uncle J. when the girls was found?

What did the 'customers" think/ feel about Uncle going to the restaurant at 4:00 AM talking about the murders? Many unanswered questions!

YellowDog...good points!
I have always had questions about Uncle J. seeing the girls on the road before the shooting. Like, what time, where was he going, did he stop etc. etc?

What did the 'customers" think/ feel about Uncle going to the restaurant at 4:00 AM talking about the murders? Many unanswered questions!

In my opinion, he was just a little too visible after the murders were discovered and seemed to show up on TV quite a bit and was quoted several times.

OT but wanted to mention pics to CM

I want to tell you, these pictures are absolutely gorgeous! can I save them?
I have never gotten into the Casey case. I am just too soft hearted. I wish I didnt hurt so easily, but I do. Well, about things like this, I do. This is why I have never sleuthed, and probably never will again. It just makes my heart break!

And every day, I too pray for them ALL!

Yes of course you can, I made them on www.imikimi.com ... please feel free to use them.

In my opinion, he was just a little too visible after the murders were discovered and seemed to show up on TV quite a bit and was quoted several times.

Yes, he seemed a bit anxious to have his 15 minutes of fame!

YellowDog...good points!

Does anyone remember a local talking about Uncle Joe being at the Placker residence while they were not there. He had gone there after passing the girls on the road. I remember reading something about Uncle Joe being one of the witnesses. Does anyone remember this. I don't even know where to start to start looking for these posts. Can anyone else remember this??

Does anyone remember a local talking about Uncle Joe being at the Placker residence while they were not there. He had gone there after passing the girls on the road. I remember reading something about Uncle Joe being one of the witnesses. Does anyone remember this. I don't even know where to start to start looking for these posts. Can anyone else remember this??

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2508355#post2508355

Here it is Lauren. It was posted by Flower Child. By the way...where has she been?

Oh thank you for the link by the way!! You saved me a lot of time.

Thanks, Lauren (about FC). I hope she comes back soon. She was very informative about this case.

You are also welcome for the link.

A few random points/comments

I went through a period as a little girl where I LOVED to sleep in sleeping bag... and it wasn't protection... it was just fun.

Secondly, the Bachelor is sometimes rerun on at least 2 channels here in NH.... so it's possible it was playing at anytime of the dya. One of the channels is a reality show channel and all they play is marathons of shows like that.

Frog, thanks for the info. Since the autopsy reports say the girls were found at 5:21PM, combined with Ocean's earlier post about unanswered calls to the girls at 5:08 & 5:10, is it possible the show ended at 5:00 and not 5:30?

Since I used to be a local to Henryetta, I still stay in touch with friends down there. My cousin knows one of the witnesses to seeing the POI. And yes, there was a POI, but is still seems no one knows who he is or anything about him. It was said he didnt look as much like the sketch as they had hoped. What that means, I am not sure of. Maybe a hat with a fake ponytail or something, like someone said before on Topix I think. Sorry I wasnt more help, but I know he wasnt made up.

I also heard this weekend, that a number of people heard gunshots that day.... at different times, in different areas around there, so now they are saying it was probably not the gunfire that killed the girls. I guess maybe those boys who were in the area shooting could have been some of it, or even maybe other shooters in the area. Seems alot of people shoot guns out in the country. Its not too far from the river and creeks. So........ now that blows that theory. Sorry again. I just repeat what I am told. I guess I should have been on the rumor thread? Although, it wasnt rumor... just apparently OTHER gunfire probably from someone else? I dont know anymore. It makes me afraid to repeat anything.

A few random points/comments

I went through a period as a little girl where I LOVED to sleep in sleeping bag... and it wasn't protection... it was just fun.

Secondly, the Bachelor is sometimes rerun on at least 2 channels here in NH.... so it's possible it was playing at anytime of the dya. One of the channels is a reality show channel and all they play is marathons of shows like that.

Ya, Lilac... I remember even when I was a child, I loved to get in a sleeping bag. And nowadays, just walking down the isles of Walmart, Target, Kmart... all the kids stores, it seems the fun thing nowadays is sleeping bags with the latest movie... or Disney, princesses, Cars.... all that fun stuff that attracts children in the store! They just gotta have it! And cant wait to cuddle up in it. I found everything from huggable toys with soft throws rolled up in their arms, to those big ol pillows that we used to put in the bed and lean up against, to sleeping bags, all with the latest craze printed on them, just the other night when I was at Walmart. Of course, I had to buy a frog one for my little granddaughter's bday.
Kids love sleeping bags, jammies, throws.... you name it. I think both the families homes were small too, and more than one family living in Whitaker's... and usually more than would normally accomodate at Plackers, just from what I read. So I dont think it uncommon at all for the girls to sleep in a sleeping bag. More like very normal.

Oh My Gosh I love your avitar Black poodle.
I loooove poodles and had 3 of them until just recently.
Oh and Welcome to WS
Thanks for the welcome when my daughter left home for college I got him so I wouldn't be so sad now he is more spoiled than she was, LOL

What ever happened with the grand jury thing? Do any of the locals know why the one couple had to be brought in in handcuffs instead of coming in the day before and also any local gossip about them?

There were no indictments issued as a result of the GJ questioning, unfortunately... I'm not local so I can't answer your second two questions :D

Cheers,
KP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members