Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #21

Yet another example of the attitude of OSBI in regards their many unsolved murders, the article below documents their uncaring, unprofessional approach in the case of Pastor Carol Daniels's death in Anadarko, both to the public at large via the news media, and to Pastor Daniels's family; it also mentions the Weleetka girls and other OK unsolved cases.

It's shocking, really. This is why we in Oklahoma feel we are unprotected by state LE.

DA criticizes OSBI over Carol Daniels inquiry
ANADARKO PASTOR WAS KILLED, MUTILATED IN AUGUST

"[OSBI spokesperson Jessica Brown] compared the Anadarko case to the June 8, 2008, killings of Taylor Placker, 13, and Skyla Whitaker, 11, in Weleetka — another high-profile OSBI case that remains unsolved. In Weleetka, OSBI staged several news conferences on the steps of the Okfuskee County Courthouse and even set up a command post.

"None of those steps were taken in Anadarko."

FOR MORE CLASSIC JESSICA BROWN-ISMS---SHE SAYS THAT PASTOR DANIELS' MOTHER HAS OSBI'S NUMBER AND IS FREE TO CALL THEM, AND ALSO BLAMES THE NEWS MEDIA FOR THE CRIME BEING UNSOLVED, SEE
http://newsok.com/da-criticizes-osb...article/3422863?custom_click=lead_story_title

The old P house burned to the ground last week. A photo was on the front page of the Weleetkan on friday. I would post a link but it's not online, that I can find.

Incidentally someone was seen leaving as the fire was discovered by a passerby so possibly arson. I say possibly arson because this Summer someone was camping out inside of the house complete with sleeping bag and portable stove but the caretaker ran them off and secured the house so not sure if homeless broke back in and accidentally set the fire or if it was intentional.

I was in Weleetka this weekend.
The former home of the Plackers did not burn to the ground.
At least, the home where the Plackers family lived when Taylor and Skyla were murdered has not burnt to the ground. (I am assuming that is the home that was referred to in the post by Arizona Gigi.) There was slight, visible fire damage near the front door. I am assuming there was fire, water, and smoke damage inside the house. I was on a tight schedule and did not have time to venture inside the home. I took a couple of photos of the house but, I used my cell phone and I am not sure how to post the photos to WS using my cell phone. (Computer technology is not my forte........ sorry.)

GetSmart ~ you are great w/ photos etc....... If I e-mail them to you or Facebook them to you, could you post them on here?

Ruflossn

Thankyou. In the Weleetka News - Topix - 'Topic discussions' - Hunt for a killer - Sept/30/09 - NurseJ her comments in regards to RL?

If you could read a few posts by this NurseJ before this date and after and some of the comments, she seems to be someone who is not only angry but I feel that she knows alot more.

I appreciate very much that you are willing to have a look, and if you can go back a few pages, especially where the locals discuss the time line in re to the girls movements.

August/07/08 - Mom56 - gives a new addr link, could you have a look, and see what you think?

Much appreciate your time and reply

Nikki_2,
I finally had time to read on the Topix forum.
Personally, I did not find anything that was of value. (jmo)
The posts by NurseJ do not add anything of investigative value to this case.
There has been a history of people on that thread that allude to all kinds of (mis)information. The fact that no one will speak succinctly about their information is one of the many reasons I no longer read that thread. I believe there are local people that know the true story of the tragic murders of Taylor and Skyla. Until someone has the courage to come forward and discuss this case w/ LE, it will remain unsolved. Again, all of this is just my opinion.

Have a great day.
Ruflossn

So glad to hear that the newspaper is mistaken about the P house burning down! I'll be in Weleetka soon and will take time to investigate the outside and inside, take photos and post here when I return.

Hello All ~
I had help from a close friend on downloading and posting pics from the former home of the Plackers. Thanks to MK for helping me learn the technology needed to post the pics. YOU ROCK and I Love You!
Anyway, the pics from Dec. 4th are posted in an album on my profile.
The Placker house still stands.
Thanks again MK ~
:blowkiss:

<<I also truly believe this was committed by locals, two of them. Under 25, maybe even under 20. They no doubt live in Weleetka or a bordering town. And they definitely knew Taylor, if not both of the girls. Weleetka is a town of under 1500 people. So why haven't these boys been found? There are also no doubt mothers or grandmothers who know or have a strong suspicion that their son/grandson was involved, but they either don't want to turn in their son because they love him, they are afraid of their son, or they have the attitude "the girls are already dead; what's done cannot be undone" and are not intelligent enough to realize the necessity of justice. These poor, beautiful girls, shot in a frenzy of young male testosterone and utter indifference to human life. I also think boys rather than men committed this crime as I truly believe there are VERY few adults at all who could shoot a child, and if for some reason they had to (to quiet them, etc) they would do so quickly - one shot to the head. But boys wouldn't see Taylor and Skyla as "children", because they are children too. To them, the girls were just their peers, not "children".>>>> posted by MIA

ITA with your theory on the suspects. I think some local juvenile boys, maybe even some local girls given the recent Elizabeth Olten case, committed these awful murders. I believe this was some kind of "thrill kill" because of the numerous gunshot wounds. The overkill here suggests someone known to Skyla & Taylor and that it was personal. No, I am not an expert, but I have taken some courses in criminal profiling; and I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
(jk) I know I shouldn't be joking and I apologize if I offended anyone.

I recently joined webslueths, and thought I would post the timeline I put together on the two girls, based on a study conducted by the government on average walking times. I quote the Autoposy Report, specifically the "On Scene" time of 5:21, and the time the first call was made to 911. What I didn't add at that time was a relative, "Merry Edwards" and her facebook page that states," They heard the shots, and ran to see what happened." This, in spite of the fact that the Plackers state they didn't hear shots.

The only thing I know for sure about these murders are that Peter found the girls at 5:21, and that they didn't call 911 until 5:40. I am sure the girls walked to the bridge and back. I am positive of these things. What I am pretty sure of is this: from the "Walking Distance Reasearch T.O.D. Committee from "Transit Oriented Development/Nov 15th, 2006, is that a 1/4 mile walk = a 5 minute walk on average, and that a 1/2 mile walk = 10 minutes on average. I am pretty sure they left the Plackers at 5:pm because nothing is in print to the contrary, and the location of the bodies are consistant with a walk to the bridge and back. I am assuming the bridge is a 1/2 mile away because of everything I have read. The girls were 2/10 of a mile shy of returning to the Placker house when they were shot. That places those two babies in that spot at approximatly 5:18. Rose Whitaker states the Plackers arrived home at 5:20. 1 minute later Peter finds them dead. This ain't much of a mystery to me. Peter finds the bodies at 5:21,(Autopsy Report). 19 minutes goes by and Rose calls 911. Peter apparently lies to authorities and states he called 911 on Taylors cell phone. 6 minutes and 22 sec. later the police arrive, 5:46pm. The perps are 25 miles away. This points to the possiblity that the scene was tampered with. Is this timeline exact? No, give or take a few minutes, but it did place this case in a new perspective for me.

Hello All ~
I had help from a close friend on downloading and posting pics from the former home of the Plackers. Thanks to MK for helping me learn the technology needed to post the pics. YOU ROCK and I Love You!
Anyway, the pics from Dec. 4th are posted in an album on my profile.
The Placker house still stands.
Thanks again MK ~
:blowkiss:

I haven't read all way through but I went to your profile and don't see any pics. What am I doing wrong???!! Thanks.

I haven't read all way through but I went to your profile and don't see any pics. What am I doing wrong???!! Thanks.

SailorMoon,
Go to my profile page, scroll down until you see "Albums".
The album is entitled, "Weleetka". You should be able to open the album and see 2 photos. I set the requirements for viewing as "public" so that everyone should be able to view them. Hope this helps. Plz. let me know if it doesn't work.

BTW - The Memorial site looks exactly as it has in the past. I did not take any new pics since nothing had changed.........

Flossie

I always check in to see if theres been any news. When I do my stomach turns into knots and I find myself about to cry. This case really got to me. I get a strong feeling that this case will be solve very soon.

I am posting Flossies Pics here so we can look at them ....
Great Pic Kiddo !!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 43
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 43
Hello everyone, hope you all don't mind if I peek my head around the door for a moment. I haven't read all 20 threads on this tragedy, but I've read enough to have gotten all of the important, confirmed details, and I am aghast that someone or somebodys are not yet in jail for this. I am not from the area, and have never been to Oklahoma, but what is wrong with OSBI and OK LE? I honestly believe that if you all had been privy to all of the evidence and had been able to conduct the initial investigation of the murder scene, this would have been solved by now. I have no doubt. And at least the majority of you are not professional detectives/LE! I get the feeling that OSBI is supposed to be the brightest of the brightest of investigators, and still they have got nothing. And I honestly believe they've got nothing.

I also truly believe this was committed by locals, two of them. Under 25, maybe even under 20. They no doubt live in Weleetka or a bordering town. And they definitely knew Taylor, if not both of the girls. Weleetka is a town of under 1500 people. So why haven't these boys been found? There are also no doubt mothers or grandmothers who know or have a strong suspicion that their son/grandson was involved, but they either don't want to turn in their son because they love him, they are afraid of their son, or they have the attitude "the girls are already dead; what's done cannot be undone" and are not intelligent enough to realize the necessity of justice. These poor, beautiful girls, shot in a frenzy of young male testosterone and utter indifference to human life. I also think boys rather than men committed this crime as I truly believe there are VERY few adults at all who could shoot a child, and if for some reason they had to (to quiet them, etc) they would do so quickly - one shot to the head. But boys wouldn't see Taylor and Skyla as "children", because they are children too. To them, the girls were just their peers, not "children". The tall Native American with the black ponytail looks onimous and scary at first glance - right out of a Coen brothers movie - the only problem is that I don't think he really exists. What is everyone else's opinion on him?

Ok, back to lurking on this one. But I am just so blown away from the variety of intelligent and analytical and truly caring minds working in harmony on this thread.

I agree with you. I had many changing theories on this case, but my first initial gut instinct that I always go back to is a thrill kill by young teenage boys, or maybe one younger and one a little older.

I am posting Flossies Pics here so we can look at them ....
Great Pic Kiddo !!

Thanks so much for doing this 99!
I appreciate it.

:fish: I looked for a cute penguin to finish this post and could not find one.
So, knowing how you and I like the ocean, I chose this fish.
:)

Flossie

I recently joined webslueths, and thought I would post the timeline I put together on the two girls, based on a study conducted by the government on average walking times. I quote the Autoposy Report, specifically the "On Scene" time of 5:21, and the time the first call was made to 911. What I didn't add at that time was a relative, "Merry Edwards" and her facebook page that states," They heard the shots, and ran to see what happened." This, in spite of the fact that the Plackers state they didn't hear shots.

The only thing I know for sure about these murders are that Peter found the girls at 5:21, and that they didn't call 911 until 5:40. I am sure the girls walked to the bridge and back. I am positive of these things. What I am pretty sure of is this: from the "Walking Distance Reasearch T.O.D. Committee from "Transit Oriented Development/Nov 15th, 2006, is that a 1/4 mile walk = a 5 minute walk on average, and that a 1/2 mile walk = 10 minutes on average. I am pretty sure they left the Plackers at 5:pm because nothing is in print to the contrary, and the location of the bodies are consistant with a walk to the bridge and back. I am assuming the bridge is a 1/2 mile away because of everything I have read. The girls were 2/10 of a mile shy of returning to the Placker house when they were shot. That places those two babies in that spot at approximatly 5:18. Rose Whitaker states the Plackers arrived home at 5:20. 1 minute later Peter finds them dead. This ain't much of a mystery to me. Peter finds the bodies at 5:21,(Autopsy Report). 19 minutes goes by and Rose calls 911. Peter apparently lies to authorities and states he called 911 on Taylors cell phone. 6 minutes and 22 sec. later the police arrive, 5:46pm. The perps are 25 miles away. This points to the possiblity that the scene was tampered with. Is this timeline exact? No, give or take a few minutes, but it did place this case in a new perspective for me.

Sameole,
Do you have any links to the statements that I bolded in your post?

I have always wanted to know exactly what time the 911 call was placed and I have had no luck finding out that info. Please post the link so that I can read it and review it.

I would also like to read where Rose stated the Plackers were gone from their residence and arrived home at 5:20. Who was at the Plackers the day the girls were murdered has been a question long pondered by many people. If you could show a link w/ the info that the Plackers were away from the house that would be a huge help.

I was under the impression that Vicki Placker called 911. Were there two 911 calls made? One by Vicki and another by Rose?

Thanks for your original post and thanks in advance for posting the links where you found the info.

Flossie

I was under the impression that Vicki Placker called 911. Were there two 911 calls made? One by Vicki and another by Rose?
Thanks for your original post and thanks in advance for posting the links where you found the info.
Well, at the time I put the timeline together, I spent hours just reading articles pertaining to this case. Every thing I stated came from newspaper articles, etc. If you want to verify these facts, google Vicky Placker. Find out for yourself what she had to say. I didn't make it up.
One of the things I have never discussed since I ran across the info, was that about a month before the girls were killed, the daughter, whose first name I forget, had been in contact with an Indian group in Oklahoma City, pertaining to their Indian Roll Number. I copied the email and faxed it to the OSBI. That might explain the Indian in the neighborhood.
My best suggestion to you is, google each name you asked me a question about, all of that will pop up. The timelone is very accurate based on published info.

Last but not least, and this is the most important part, is that the Whitakers son was part of a plea agreement in a murder/drug trial. He recieved a lesser sentence in return for his testimony. I believe that is why there is so much mystery invloved in this case. The family getting a lot of money, etc. The police inaction is better explained when you consider this as a factor. These girls were killed because of his testimony in Arkansas.

Last but not least, and this is the most important part, is that the Whitakers son was part of a plea agreement in a murder/drug trial. He recieved a lesser sentence in return for his testimony. I believe that is why there is so much mystery invloved in this case. The family getting a lot of money, etc. The police inaction is better explained when you consider this as a factor. These girls were killed because of his testimony in Arkansas.

Rose Whitakers son is named Edward Gordon. He was not convicted of a crime in Arkansas. The crime occured in Kansas. He was convicted in a criminal court of law in the state of Kansas. Below is a link to the story.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_008223411.html

COLUMBUS, Kan. &#8212; Edward Gordon may testify this morning against co-defendant Samuel Becker, the lead prosecutor said at the close of Tuesday&#8217;s testimony in Cherokee County District Court.

Am I reading your post correctly in that you believe because Edward Gordon accepted a plea bargain in his criminal case that his family, specifically his Mother, Rose Whitaker, received "a lot of money"? Why would you think this? Who would have given the family "a lot of money"?

I don't know anything about the family receiving money but I had proposed a possible connection between the two cases in this post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4205706&postcount=39"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Documentary Film Project[/ame]

I agree with you. I had many changing theories on this case, but my first initial gut instinct that I always go back to is a thrill kill by young teenage boys, or maybe one younger and one a little older.

Thanks Evelyn24 !!! ITA with you. I have supported and posted this theory also.
To me, too many shots were fired for adults to be involved. More like teenagers. Now I am still not sure if the teenagers had these victims in mind or that the girls were just in the wrong place/wrong time. Either way, I wish this case would be solved, but it seems like LE and OSBI are dragging their feet.

Well, after re-reading my post I sound pretty sure of myself. I mean it can't be ruled out as a possible motive. The son had made a plea deal if I remember correctly, and it involved murder and drugs. His testimony put someone away for a while. It could be a possiblility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back