Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony isn't Joe's brother - Joe is one of Peter's brothers - the Placker Brothers are
Joe, Arvey, James, Charley, Darrell, Peter
There are also 3 sisters
Phyllis, Rosemary and Beverly

PoorPaula:

It was MissHolmes that gets the credit for the family tree!!!!

Thank you again MissHolmes.

I have access to the docket for the federal case as well as all of the filings. I can't link to it because it is a fee-based service of the court.

Joe is also known as "Renegade Rick". He pled guilty to one count in January and is on three years probation.

According to the indictment, Joe was a minor player involved only in the contraband cigarettes and not the guns. They were all associated with the Bandidos and other Bandidos chapters were the customers.

What else would you like to know?

This guys picture needs to be splashed on the tv screen all around. Any word on AMW, NG, Greta, Larry King or anyone going to do a special on this????

Do the LE automatically fax a pic out to all LE's across the state?? I guess that's a stupid question, if that could happen, there would be thousands of faxes going state to state every minute!!

I have access to the docket for the federal case as well as all of the filings. I can't link to it because it is a fee-based service of the court.

Joe is also known as "Renegade Rick". He pled guilty to one count in January and is on three years probation.

According to the indictment, Joe was a minor player involved only in the contraband cigarettes and not the guns. They were all associated with the Bandidos and other Bandidos chapters were the customers.

I'd like to know if he is indeed related to Taylor?

In my *very* humble opinion, it seems that this case is only focusing on family trees and court/trouble issues within them.

I think that without having LE give any more information than we have, it is very difficult, at best, to discuss the "other" possibilities concerning this case.

It's no posters fault that there is so VERY little to go on. I honestly don't understand why we cannot reach farther than we are. It's very frustrating, eh? That said....

Did this family go to any events, fairs, or carnivals over the weekend? Is it not possible that one or both of these angels hooked up with "someone" via email, mobile phone, or in person and told the where they lived? When they could meet?

One more thing, if you do not mind? Please? If a poster is responding to a post, could they please quote the poster they are responding to? It would make it so much less confusing. Responses happen to fast here!! Also, if you edit a post, could you please note you have edited your post? I have found that has happened here and it makes the post you are reading and thinking of responding confusing as well. Thank you *so* much! That would be a huge help when you go back and forth to pages. :)

What if he turned evidence, and that is why he got a lesser charge? Is that possible?

What if he turned evidence, and that is why he got a lesser charge? Is that possible?

He was a minor player to begin with and he "accepted responsibility" for what he did. There was a big undercover sting. The plea deal doesn't reference anything about giving evidence, but he might have done for sure.

Data:

You raise some good points. But it is hard as you said with out knowing anything. We can ask the questions that you did, but how do we get the answers??

We would also like to know what the girls did for the days preceding the event. Who did they talk to? LE already has the computer and they have the cell phone. Has it been mentioned if Skylar also had a cell phone?

Was this just a one night sleep over? Maybe this was Skylar's second night over or maybe the night before Taylor had slept over at Skylar's house??

Does anyone know how deep the water is under the bridge?? Are there any trails that were obvious in the ariel maps that showed County Line Road where the Plackers lived that maybe someone was on, including the girls?

However, I would still like to see the family tree, etc. as it helps me keep who is who correct.

Did this family go to any events, fairs, or carnivals over the weekend? Is it not possible that one or both of these angels hooked up with "someone" via email, mobile phone, or in person and told the where they lived? When they could meet?

I want to know those things too. Though the motive seems different in these cases, remember Couey first was face to face with Jessica Lunsford at a garage sale, Danielle Van Dam was exposed to her murderer when she sold girl scout cookies. Both perps were neighbors.

My parents kind of made enemies with the neighbors when I was growing up, over stuff like animals, stupid things. But everyone was always kind to the kids. Maybe we were just lucky.

I think those of you who don't think there is a family connection are missing the point.

Nobody is saying somebody in the family killed the girls. That isn't what this is about.

There has to be a reason the girls came into contact with the killer or killers. Ted Bundy didn't kill just any girl, he had to see her first. He had to be in the area to see the girl.

This was an incredibly ruthless killer and so how did someone like that just happen to be on that rural road on a Sunday afternoon? Almost every time girls are killed like this it is a sexual attack. Apparently not this time so this is a very unusual crime.

As Greta says, this was an execution. There has to be a reason.

For a crime like this to happen in a small community there has to be talk. Apparently that talk isn't getting to OSBI. Why? If it involved a local loser or losers that talk should be getting to OSBI.

So why would an outsider be on that road on that Sunday and it not be sexual?

Thank you for posting this. I, too, believe the concentration should be elsewhere. LE has stated the family is not suspect. I would assume this means extended family. There also has been no statement to indicate involvement with anyone connected to a family member. IMO it would be more productive to concentrate on the murder scene and possible links to drawings of the POI.

The grandparents obviously know why the parents weren't listed in the obit. It appears it's not something they wish to be public information, and I, for one, respect their decision not to involve the natural parents. They have gone through enough w/o their family history and problems being opened to the public.
No, the Families are not "suspect" in the murders, but saying the family has been cleared just means no-one in the family killed the girls or had them killed...NOT that someone associated with a family member or in their circle of current or past "associates" didn't.

Sadly, most in the Placker/Paschal family but Peter and Vicky seem to have some significant difficulty staying on the right side of the law and several of them who aren't in some sort of criminal/legal trouble are dating or married to, or living with or involved with someone who is, or has been incarcerated.

The family associations could be the KEY to this whole case...especially since G-Pa Placker reportedly screamed "they killed them" when he found the girls shot dead.

There are a LOT of criminal types hanging around the whole
Placker/Paschal Family - and there are so many of these associates and relatives revolving constantly in and out of jail/prison it is difficult to figure out which are "in" and which are "out" at any given time. This cannot be ignored in a murder that was "execution style" where evidence is slim and the POI in a detailed sketch cannot be located despite national coverage.

It is highly unlikely that this murder was done by a stranger who just drove down the road and shot "someone" - chances are this murder is related somehow to someone in the Placker Family or associated with the family. It was an "execution" by someone who knew what they were doing and wasn't just screwing around - vengeance, retaliation and "pay backs" come to mind. And with criminals, it could have started with something as small as a slight or an insult or as big as a snitch or ratting someone out.

I think the family tree is very important - it's telling us that the family may have had criminals in their home and the girls may have been exposed to such people. It's telling us that some family members had associates who were capable of ordering a hit and had access to guns and cash and probably stolen vehicles.

My Opinion

I want to know those things too. Though the motive seems different in these cases, remember Couey first was face to face with Jessica Lunsford at a garage sale, Danielle Van Dam was exposed to her murderer when she sold girl scout cookies. Both perps were neighbors.

CarpeDiem, I cannot help but feel there is something more to this. Perhaps even a small detail that could have a huge part in this that may be overlooked.

It's in my gut and no matter how I have tried, I cannot dismiss it. Family stuff just doesn't ~feel~ right. That's not to say family may have known , but I do not think it's retaliation. More like an opportunity..... Possibly.

I say continue the family tree and discussing the family dynamics. You never know what you might find.

For others who don't think it's relevant, post what you do find relevant and that can also be discussed. I can't see why both can't be discussed here in this thread with any problems.

IMO

Albert18, the reason we keep bringing up the family is because we are looking for a motive. If someone in the family was involved with criminals, there might have been a payback element. That's the main reason, not that someone in the family did the shooting.

http://www.whosarat.com/

Does anyone have membership to the website above? I don't know if anything will come of it, but I came across this checking out the bandidos. It lists informants (rats) for the motorcycle gangs.

Great job on the family tree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member