Found Deceased MO - Skylar Ware, 26, Kansas City, 10 May 2020

kelsie

Former Member
Reaction score
Mother fears worst for KC man missing since May. Did police mishandle investigation?

117391479_419260766134441_6576046779151369516_n.png

Initially, Saundra Sheppard was hopeful investigators would help her locate her son, who is the father of a 5-year-old child. But months have passed, and police have not publicized details about his disappearance, leaving Sheppard to wonder why so little has been done to find Skylar.

The Kansas City Police Department uses a set of criteria to ask the public for help locating a missing adult, and not every case is publicized. The person must be under the care of a psychiatrist or psychologist for mental health issues, have a grave medical condition that requires immediate medication, or have threatened to harm themselves. Suspicion of foul play is another consideration.

Sheppard said that in addition to being bipolar, Ware has threatened to take his own life. She told police she had doubts that he disappeared willingly.

Ware has struggled with mental health issues since he was 10, his mother said. He is also a drug addict with a criminal history, she said.

He was charged with invasion of privacy, a misdemeanor, in 2015. He has also pleaded guilty to trespassing in Oak Grove and driving while intoxicated and speeding in Jackson County.

Sheppard fears that Ware’s case was not a priority for investigators because he has a criminal record. She wants to know why there was no media alert about his disappearance.

Police have dropped the ball in her son’s case, Sheppard said. Ware was in danger at the time of his disappearance, and he was not taking his medication as prescribed, she said.

Sheppard told police she heard from Ware’s associates that he was shot and killed during a drug deal in Blue Springs, according to the missing person report on file with Kansas City police. Even then, the police failed to notify the public of Ware’s case, and investigators ruled out foul play.

“We do not suspect foul play, and do not need the media’s assistance but should that change we would advise all media outlets,” a Kansas City Police Department spokesman wrote in an email.

https://www.facebook.com/awarenessf...ince-05102020little-else-is-/419260762801108/

Missing Persons Cases Network

117781753_10217631660331466_1598127226177433326_o.jpg

Skylar was in some trouble 5 years ago. Here is the link to read more about that.

Continuing from https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article247495600.html -
Mack Jones, a 30-year-old aspiring rapper from Kansas City who was killed last year. After Jones was reported missing, police waited three days to alert the public.

He had received threats prior to his disappearance, his family told police. Four days later, Jones’ decomposing body was found in his car.

One year earlier, the police declined to take a missing person report on 26-year-old Justin Graham. His body was later found in a vacant lot at 17th Street and White Avenue. Police said Graham was a homicide victim.

Three years ago, police refused to take a missing person report for 37-year-old Carrie Mae Blewett, whose remains were found weeks later near a tree line on College Avenue. No local media alert was sent asking for the public’s help locating Blewett, and her death was ruled a homicide

Mother fears worst for KC man missing since May. Did police mishandle investigation?

117391479_419260766134441_6576046779151369516_n.png

Initially, Saundra Sheppard was hopeful investigators would help her locate her son, who is the father of a 5-year-old child. But months have passed, and police have not publicized details about his disappearance, leaving Sheppard to wonder why so little has been done to find Skylar.

The Kansas City Police Department uses a set of criteria to ask the public for help locating a missing adult, and not every case is publicized. The person must be under the care of a psychiatrist or psychologist for mental health issues, have a grave medical condition that requires immediate medication, or have threatened to harm themselves. Suspicion of foul play is another consideration.

Sheppard said that in addition to being bipolar, Ware has threatened to take his own life. She told police she had doubts that he disappeared willingly.

Ware has struggled with mental health issues since he was 10, his mother said. He is also a drug addict with a criminal history, she said.

He was charged with invasion of privacy, a misdemeanor, in 2015. He has also pleaded guilty to trespassing in Oak Grove and driving while intoxicated and speeding in Jackson County.

Sheppard fears that Ware’s case was not a priority for investigators because he has a criminal record. She wants to know why there was no media alert about his disappearance.

Police have dropped the ball in her son’s case, Sheppard said. Ware was in danger at the time of his disappearance, and he was not taking his medication as prescribed, she said.

Sheppard told police she heard from Ware’s associates that he was shot and killed during a drug deal in Blue Springs, according to the missing person report on file with Kansas City police. Even then, the police failed to notify the public of Ware’s case, and investigators ruled out foul play.

“We do not suspect foul play, and do not need the media’s assistance but should that change we would advise all media outlets,” a Kansas City Police Department spokesman wrote in an email.

https://www.facebook.com/awarenessf...ince-05102020little-else-is-/419260762801108/

Missing Persons Cases Network

117781753_10217631660331466_1598127226177433326_o.jpg

Skylar was in some trouble 5 years ago. Here is the link to read more about that.

Snipped from OP

:eek:Really? I've never seen that in a MP investigation before. Skylar is listed with MSHP as an active missing person case. :confused:
Active Missing Persons

Same area, different LE agency: the hospital social worker who was held by a police department, that department claimed to have no record of who she called, she disappeared from that police department's parking lot & was eventually found deceased?

upload_2021-1-2_7-28-37.jpeg
pinterest.com

Skylar is/was one of my best friends. My soul aches everyday. At times it’s all I can think about. There is so much missing information it’s not even funny. The regret to inform you that the last post he maid to any social media was on May 11, 2020. I also spoke to him on May 10, 2020. We talked everyday all the time. From what I remember (that was almost 2 years ago and I’m unable to get into that Facebook due to two-step verification) He said he just got off the phone with his mom telling her Happy Mother’s Day. They haven’t been talking much because she’s moving to Florida, and he hopes to see her before she leaves again. It’s almost been 2 years. Two years.

1681406919723.png
Authorities shared a new missing persons flier for Skylar Ware, who was 26 years old at the time of his disappearance.

At the time, law enforcement said foul play was suspected in the Blue Springs, Missouri, area sometime in early to mid-June.

Police said Ware was with someone possibly named Chris.

Authorities described Ware as 5' 9'', 160 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. He also has several visible tattoos on his face, neck, hands and arms.

The sheriff's office has not shared why they have sent out a renewed call for information on Ware's whereabouts.
1681407085788.jpeg

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Date Body Found April 21, 2023​

Location Found Pattonsburg, Missouri​

Estimated Age Range 20-35 years​

Sex Male​

Race/Ethnicity Uncertain​

Estimated Age Range Adult- Pre 40​

Height 5'6"-6'1" (66-73 inches), Estimated​

Weight Cannot Estimate​

Location Pattonsburg, Missouri 64670​

County Daviess County​

Found On Tribal Land No​

Circumstances of Recovery Skeletal remains found by mushroom hunters in Daviess County.​

Condition of Remains Not recognizable- Near complete or complete skeleton​

Hair Color Unknown​

Eye Color Unknown​

AUG 28, 2023
[...]

Authorities say a mushroom hunter found the remains on private property Northeast of the Metro.

[...]

“Somebody murdered my child and then left him in a field for three years, of course, something has to be done, but like I said I’m not there yet. Right now, I’m worried about leading my baby to peace, bringing home what little is left of him,” says Sheppard.

Friends and family plan to hold a celebration of life next month for Skylar. Anyone planning to attend is asked to wear blue.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back