SL Tribune Article with Steven P. and Susan website created by Josh

The new SusanPowell.org *OFFICIAL* website is registered through a "Domain by Proxy," (a way of registering secretly!!!)

The "Domain by Proxy" is also used by Steven Chantrey Powell's website. _ :D _ How about that? What are the odds?

<<snip>>

" ... a new webpage claims to be "the official site" for information about Susan Powell and her family. One the site's home page is a photograph of Susan, Josh and their two boys camping at night in the snow.

Friends of Susan say the picture is disturbing because of Josh's explanation of what he was doing the night of his wife's disappearance. They strongly suspect that Josh or his dad are behind the new webpage.

ABC 4 traced the domain name www.susanpowell.org through Go Daddy.com to another company called Domains by Proxy in Scottsdale, Arizona. This company promises anonymity saying on it's homepage, "Your identity is nobody's business but ours." Our trail ended there, but we did find that Josh's dad, Steve Powell, uses the same proxy service for his website, http://stevechantrey.com.
"

<<snip>>

Much more re: what's going on in Puyallup at the following link:

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sl...tion-website-push/bE0EdTcR1Eq_KWqOvNqHKQ.cspx

I contacted Hunsaker yesterday to let him know that it appears that JP registered the domain back in 2006...here's the most recent history available:

Domain: SusanPowell.org - Domain History
Cache Date: 2009-12-02

Domain ID: D126104342-LROR
Domain Name:SUSANPOWELL.ORG
Created On:19-Jul-2006 21:39:57 UTC
Last Updated On:20-Jul-2009 13:36:37 UTC
Expiration Date:19-Jul-2010 21:39:57 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID:GODA-021866649
Registrant Name:J-whois Powell-whois
Registrant Street1:4444 S 700 E, Suite 100
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Murray
Registrant State/Province:Utah
Registrant Postal Code:84107
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.8019902284
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:NoSpam-28583174656832184-whois@joshpowell.com
Admin ID:GODA-221866649
Admin Name:J-whois Powell-whois
Admin Street1:4444 S 700 E, Suite 100
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Murray
Admin State/Province:Utah
Admin Postal Code:84107
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.8019902284
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:NoSpam-28583174656832184-whois@joshpowell.com
Tech ID:GODA-121866649
Tech Name:J-whois Powell-whois
Tech Street1:4444 S 700 E, Suite 100
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Murray
Tech State/Province:Utah
Tech Postal Code:84107
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.8019902284
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:NoSpam-28583174656832184-whois@joshpowell.com
Name Server:NS28.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server:NS27.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

here's the oldest history available-- and it does not appear that this domain was owned by anyone previous to JP (unlike joshpowell.com which was previously owned by someone in Australia).

Cache Date: 2007-11-05

Last Updated On:31-Oct-2007 06:17:17 UTC
Expiration Date:19-Jul-2008 21:39:57 UTC
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:

I haven't recv'd a reply from Hunsaker - or noticed an update to his story on the creepy site.

JP is such a jerk - I hope his 'tribute' site to Susan can someday be used against him in a court of law.

ETA: does anybody else see a big blurry thing on JP's shirt in the pic? ETA2 - NM -- I see that y'all see it too.

There are just too many strange things about the photo:

JP's hat looks airbrushed. Maybe it was the infamous hat from "The Blue Cap" interview?

I think it looks like a hand down near the lower portion of the bag Susan has around her neck.
The one gloved hand on the boy on the RIGHT looks VERY strange. The colors aren't as bright.

The blurring of Josh's shirt and the end of the boy's scarf is suspicious.

Josh's hand around the boy is a strange color also.

Josh's hand is clutching something that looks like a sleeved arm.

The bright red "number 9" on the boys glove is odd.

The fingers on the ends of Susan's gloves on the hand that is on the ground look strange.

JP's shoes look VERY strange.

The snow is highly trampled unlike what you would find at a campsite in the winter time.

HOLD DOWN THE CTRL KEY THEN HIT THE + KEY (UNTIL THE PHOTO WON'T GET ANY LARGER) TO INSPECT IT. I USED A MAGNIFYING GLASS ALSO.

Somethin's not right there. When I zoom in it looks like something flesh colored with two or three white claws sticking out of it. Also looks like josh is holding some dark coat or something behind his son. Whatever garment is next to the claw does not match the scarf the boy in the red coat is wearing.

Noticed the same with Susan's glove myself, like she's wearing a pair of gloves a size or two too big for her.

Would there be any shadows behind all of them, due to the campfire? Anyone? Just wondering.

Edit to add, the thing that looks lik e ahand under Susan's camera bag - I have wondred if her son's pantleg rode up, exposing his leg, thus the skin tone.

Texas Mist, the administrator's address is the same address as Josh's former real estate office.

I contacted Hunsaker yesterday to let him know that it appears that JP registered the domain back in 2006...here's the most recent history available:

here's the oldest history available-- and it does not appear that this domain was owned by anyone previous to JP (unlike joshpowell.com which was previously owned by someone in Australia).

I haven't recv'd a reply from Hunsaker - or noticed an update to his story on the creepy site.

JP is such a jerk - I hope his 'tribute' site to Susan can someday be used against him in a court of law.

ETA: does anybody else see a big blurry thing on JP's shirt in the pic? ETA2 - NM -- I see that y'all see it too.

You did a great job, more than any of the TV and newspaper reporters did! I'd send that to the various people who have written articles about the web site so they can update their stories with the verifiable facts you have presented here.

Yes, I saw all the blurring. Maybe he was wearing his "I love my wife" T-Shirt.

ack. it is so hard to come here & read about this case. It gets worse each time I do pop in here. This new website is nuts. Even without a background in psychology it is so easy to see through so much of this website. Prayers for Susan's family, especially her boys~

If you enlarge the picture by hitting ctrl and + (thanks to the user who told how to do this earlier) Susan's fingers are all twisted in the glove she has touching the ground. Either her fingers are not in the finger holes of the glove or she has very flexible finger joints!!

Very strange indeed! There are just so many strange things about this photo!!! I wish it was a high quality photo then we'd be able to see the details better. I'm sure this is one of the reasons this photo was picked! It looks like it was taken on a BARBIE camera that came out 12 years ago!

Texas Mist, the administrator's address is the same address as Josh's former real estate office.

yeah, I noticed that...that's why it doesn't appear that this domain would have been registered by anyone but JP...I do not believe this is a case of 'stolen' identity as there are 3 records history entries (unprotected by domain proxy service) that show the same address....I've tracked many fraudulent websites whose domains were purchased via stolen identity -- they don't last more than a year if that long.

Here's a screencap of the domain history & how many changes were made:

Attachments

• susanpowelldotorghx.jpg
    susanpowelldotorghx.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 18
yeah, I noticed that...that's why it doesn't appear that this domain would have been registered by anyone but JP...I do not believe this is a case of 'stolen' identity as there are 3 records history entries (unprotected by domain proxy service) that show the same address....I've tracked many fraudulent websites whose domains were purchased via stolen identity -- they don't last more than a year if that long.

Here's a screencap of the domain history & how many changes were made:

What exactly is a domain change? It isn't the same thing as updating, is it? I noticed the one domain change just five days before Susan was reported missing.

What exactly is a domain change? It isn't the same thing as updating, is it? I noticed the one domain change just five days before Susan was reported missing.

Good eye! You are such a Super Sleuth! That is very interesting, isn't it! Does this mean a change was made to the web site? I want to know too! And, this information should be reported to the West Valley City Police. (I'm would assume they have this information already. However, just in case they don't, they should be sent it.)

If you need the e-mail address to one of the detectives working this case, send me a private message.

You are right that it's not a hanger! Lol! I thought Josh's shoe was a marshmallow on the end of the hanger! Lol!

If you hold down the controll key then press the + key, you can zoom into this photo without distorting it.

I still think the flesh color by the pack hanging around Susan's neck is a hand and not the exposed skin of the child.

Also, notice how brightly colored that child's glove is compared to the glove on the other boy's hand.

Notice the glove is on the wrong way on the boy on the left. The thumb is sticking up in the wrong direction.

In my opinion, the hat Josh is wearing has been airbrushed. It's an odd shape, for one thing.

There are things about this photo that just aren't right, including the blurring of JP's shirt and the end of the boy's scarf he's holding.

Also, who wears a dress leather jacket near a campfire where sparks can burn holes in it?

In my opinion, this photo has been altered.

JP didn't produce this photo earlier because he had to find it first?

bbm~
LOL, y'all are right..it's not a 'clothes hanger thingy'! Funny thing is I don't think I read anywhere that it was, at a glance it just looked like it..and I *advertiser censored*umed that it was..:angel:..I'll bet Josh thought so too though!

Even so..the WHOLE photo just looks wrong to my untrained eye. It appears to be something maybe was even taken in a back yard..it's the fire that does not look real to me. If that was a real fire that was burning at the time the picture was taken, would it look like that? Fire usually fascinates children and the boys don't seem to be paying it any attention. Isn't it funny too that we can't see where the fire starts...just someones best efforts at 'flames' imho..

The blue dates in the domain history .jpg I attached are the history records that are not protected by a domain proxy service...all the red dates are the 'secret' records.

The domain history is 'whois' changes, e.g., registrar or registrant changes, renewal dates, address, phone number, email changes, name server, etc

We can guess the change between 2009-07-21 & 2009-10-08 (from red to blue) is a result of cancellation of the domain proxy service (registrant change).

Below is the history record for 10-2009 -- I don't see a diff between it & the 12-2009 record....maybe I'm just not seeing it.

Domain: SusanPowell.org - Domain History
Cache Date: 2009-10-08

Last Updated On:20-Jul-2009 13:36:37 UTC
Expiration Date:19-Jul-2010 21:39:57 UTC
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:

Here's a screen cap of the IP address changes for the site host:

Attachments

• susanpowelldotorghosthx.jpg
    susanpowelldotorghosthx.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 5
bbm~
LOL, y'all are right..it's not a 'clothes hanger thingy'! Funny thing is I don't think I read anywhere that it was, at a glance it just looked like it..and I *advertiser censored*umed that it was..:angel:..I'll bet Josh thought so too though!

Even so..the WHOLE photo just looks wrong to my untrained eye. It appears to be something maybe was even taken in a back yard..it's the fire that does not look real to me. If that was a real fire that was burning at the time the picture was taken, would it look like that? Fire usually fascinates children and the boys don't seem to be paying it any attention. Isn't it funny too that we can't see where the fire starts...just someones best efforts at 'flames' imho..

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was a twisted coat hanger wire with a marshmallow on the end (Josh's shoe)! Lololol!

Does anyone remember Dan Massey claiming he owned susanpowell.org on the Facebook group susan powell 2? I'm beginning to wonder if Dan Massey and JP are in cahoots together!

I wonder if they were in the same computer club as Wayne Hamburg? (I think the "club" was really some sort of cover for *advertiser censored* sharing, maybe even kiddy-*advertiser censored*. Why are Josh and his brother taking pictures of other people's kids on the playground?)

I wonder if they were in the same computer club as Wayne Hamburg? (I think the "club" was really some sort of cover for *advertiser censored* sharing, maybe even kiddy-*advertiser censored*. Why are Josh and his brother taking pictures of other people's kids on the playground?)

Where do you see that?

I specifically asked Kiirsi to ask Josh and her husband, John, if they knew Dan Massey and neither of them know who he is. Kiirsi said her husband John was in the computer club as well.

Who reported Josh and his brothers taking pictures of other people's children at the playground? That is a bit creepy, especially since Josh doesn't appear to be a hobbyist photographer, judging by the pictures on his new Susan Powell web page.

I will take pictures of anyone and everyone when I'm out and about and particularly enjoy taking photos of children. However, I ASK first and get the parent's e-mail addresses so I can send them the photos. That's a bit different than taking random photos of kids, especially when you have the reputation Josh and his brother have! One would think they'd try to keep a low profile. Perhaps they were taking photos to post on their website to prove Charlie and Bradon aren't being "held hostage" in the Powell Compound!

Where do you see that?

It was a response to a post on KOMO:

"and a creepy side note: Why on earth would JP and his brother be taking pictures of other peoples kids on the playground near his dads house??? thats just messed up and creepy!

and why would you tell me that you don&#8217;t believe in love???

and why would you tell me that you have 2 foot long zip ties at home???

I knew he was a creep when I met him, and that was BEFORE I knew WHO he was!!!"

It was posted in response to someone--Wastala--who was banned from the SL Trib site. She posted at KOMO on a story, and a person who lives a few blocks from Josh and spoke with him at a nearby park where their children were playing posted the reply in quotes above.

I am formulating a theory that involves Steven Powell, his boys, sexual abuse, and Susan finding out about it. Anyone else get that hinky feeling?

I specifically asked Kiirsi to ask Josh and her husband, John, if they knew Dan Massey and neither of them know who he is. Kiirsi said her husband John was in the computer club as well.

Who reported Josh and his brothers taking pictures of other people's children at the playground? That is a bit creepy, especially since Josh doesn't appear to be a hobbyist photographer, judging by the pictures on his new Susan Powell web page.

I will take pictures of anyone and everyone when I'm out and about and particularly enjoy taking photos of children. However, I ASK first and get the parent's e-mail addresses so I can send them the photos. That's a bit different than taking random photos of kids, especially when you have the reputation Josh and his brother have! One would think they'd try to keep a low profile. Perhaps they were taking photos to post on their website to prove Charlie and Bradon aren't being "held hostage" in the Powell Compound!

Well, I certainly wouldn't accuse Kiirsi's husband of kiddy *advertiser censored*, so that may be a dead end.

It was a response to a post on KOMO:

"and a creepy side note: Why on earth would JP and his brother be taking pictures of other peoples kids on the playground near his dads house??? thats just messed up and creepy!

and why would you tell me that you don’t believe in love???

and why would you tell me that you have 2 foot long zip ties at home???

I knew he was a creep when I met him, and that was BEFORE I knew WHO he was!!!"

It was posted in response to someone--Wastala--who was banned from the SL Trib site. She posted at KOMO on a story, and a person who lives a few blocks from Josh and spoke with him at a nearby park where their children were playing posted the reply in quotes above.

I am formulating a theory that involves Steven Powell, his boys, sexual abuse, and Susan finding out about it. Anyone else get that hinky feeling?

I've thought that from the VERY beginning! I think that's why he wouldn't allow Susan to use the computer. However, since the WVC PD didn't get to the hard drive soon enough, JP had the opportunity to erase the evidence.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents
Back