Sleuthing Cindy's Depo & Baez Objections to Sealed Items

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by Muzikman, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Muzikman

Muzikman ROCKIN!

In Cindy's SA depo, Baez stops the proceedings at one point and objects to some things being entered as they are supposed to be sealed.

This seems like it could be VERY VERY interesting, and worthy of it's own thread for discussion! Baez is adamant about this not being discussed. :)

Here are the 21 pages of her depo where this discussion takes place.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/13348352/Cindy_BaezObjections_SealedStuff

IIRC, there was an OCSO document that listed the items that Baez turned over to the OCSO after Caylee's remains were found, ostensibly to help with DNA identification. Anybody remember where that doc is?

I will also bring over a few posts from the Cindy Depo thread that help highlight what it could be.

2. Muzikman

Muzikman ROCKIN!

This is the line of discussion from the Cindy depo thread. It seems like it could be very revealing to definitively nail this down!

3. Valhall

Valhall Keeper of the Mystic Fish

I'll just include this here:

4. Muzikman

Muzikman ROCKIN!

Thanks Valhall. I am going to go down to the Clerk's office next week to see if a better copy of these exhibits can be made. Hoping the original is in color.

5. whiteangora

whiteangora I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"

IMO, Macushla (see above) is on the right track.
    Casey was hauling photos and videos over to JB's office for the purpose of selling them. Since the hearing regarding how she is paying JB was private, the outcome may very well have been sealed.

6. ThoughtElf

ThoughtElf Former Member

Agree, I think Mac is on the right track, too.

However, I think that Mac is also trying to point out that the SA would like to get additional details on the record - besides discussion about the sealed items specifically. I *think* JB somehow weaseled out of the 'how is KC paying for her defense' line of questioning and that the SA is trying to get it on record that KC took JB more than what is on that list of sealed items, KWIM?

I agree that sleuthing the list of sealed items is necessary, I just happen to think that what the SA was trying to get on record won't be found on the list.

7. Muzikman

Muzikman ROCKIN!

Well, I'm wondering because the point at which he objects is when she is talking about what items she turned over to him - toothbrushes, etc.

IIRC, It seems this is where the Garrison email about the hairbrush that Cindy held back comes in.

[​IMG]

8. Valhall

I agree, Muzikman. The point at which Jose says "zip it" is when Cindy has started saying she has never "seen that document" before. It has something to do with a document.

9. Oakley

Oakley New Member

I am wondering if the defense is going to try to implicate Cindy (and/or George) and this might have something to do with that. Because just after all this, both AL and JB question Cindy and want to know specifics about the immunity that was offered to her. Pure speculation.

10. MysticOne

MysticOne New Member

I totally agree with you Muzikman, this discussion seems clearly about Casey taking photos and putting them in her backpack to take to Baez's office. The only piece of sealed evidence (beside the autopsy photos) is regarding the financing of the defense and the in camera interview with the Judge, of which the SA was present. Note that the SA is clearly aware of what the answer to the question is and how it relates to the meeting to which they were present).

I think this is a good catch and could be important, because this information is going to come out from the sounds of the conversation.

Off topic, but I note in this same clip, that Cindy states that George placed the tape on the gas can when it was returned by LE, while George stated (in his deposition), that he was not the one to place the duct tape on the gas can and goes to insinuate that LE did it.

Another contradiction in their stories!

11. celticthyme

celticthyme Well-Known Member

Bringing this over from the motions hearing thread

Techno challenged defense & PHOTOS

Jose Baez & the defense team being "computer challenged" about dealing with the photos strikes me as being a tad ironic, given the fact that Casey had hundreds of photos in the computer and various phones, which she madly tried to deal with around the time of her arrest.

And if the "zip it" comment refers to Cindy not discussing the issue of what Jose & Casey were doing all those hours in his office when they had access to her computer files and PHOTOS & VIDEOS. . . . . hhmmmmmmmmmm

Could they have been organizing them, figuring out how to use what the Ants had on phones , videos & computers to figure out a way of ?? payment down the road for services rendered" and then for future monetary gain?????? Makes me wonder

12. Macushla

Macushla Our Royal Himalayan Gopher Hounds

MM: I think there are 2 photos or documents that SA wanted to put into evidence - and I think it was the 'second' item not the toothbrushes, etc. that caused JB to jump in there. While I am sticking to my theory - I am going to really enjoy reading this thread!

13. celticthyme

celticthyme Well-Known Member

Sorry, this is similar to above, must have been writing simultaneously ( or great minds think alike:woohoo:)

Remember, Casey had a lot of time between arrests as well to get on the computer, and as we have read in Cindy's depo, this was "supposed" to be supervised, but why would we assume they would follow the rules in something like this, when they have already admitted that lying is not breaking the law, in their world??

14. octobermoon

octobermoon Active Member

Does anyone else remember a pic of Casey with a very full backpack going into JB's office?

15. Macushla

Macushla Our Royal Himalayan Gopher Hounds

I think there were a number of videos and pictures showing KC with a backpack going into JB's office and yeah, it always looked quite full. I am sure they are on this forum somewhere! I will try to look later on.

16. Valhall

Yeah, I believe it's the day she blew out her flip-top...stepped on a pop top, cut her heel, head to cruise on back...wait, that's a song.

17. Tuffy

Tuffy Not really that tough...

lol. Now that tune is stuck in my head!

Anyway, you're right. I remember the picture of her flip-flop falling off her foot. She was walking up to the office, and her backpack was so full it looked bigger than her!

18. Muzikman

Muzikman ROCKIN!

Yes, the objection initially is to an exhibit (page 496, line 17). If it's just a photo, and it's already out there in the public, why object to it?

Is it maybe a photo that is NOT in the public domain, of an object or person that Baez doesn't want known? It's something that Cindy hasn't seen before.

Is it possible that there are things sealed (other than the remains photos and money issues) that we don't know about? Seems like a seal order from the judge would be in the case file.

19. ThoughtElf

ThoughtElf Former Member

Couple questions:

1. can this also be related to the portion of George's depo when George is asked if he was shown communications/document by JB from KC that he was not allowed to take? Contract/negotiations for sale of pictures & videos?
    2. Where does the 'handwriting' question come into play? Can we assume the other document was in Casey's handwriting?
    3. Was there another protective order filed after this depo?

What I find fascinating is that they obviously caught Cindy off guard (uncoached) with something she wasn't previously aware of.

20. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

Great job! I've been playing with this and think I may have come up with a couple, too.

The first unknown (under straw) is cup
    The second unknown (under bibs) is (wash cloth band aid) with saliva written again to the left in front of the parenthesis
    I'm having a hard time with the last line, too. It's two words. The could have a / between them or maybe parenthesis? Could earphone be the last word? I dunno.

ETA: Oh, also I noticed that on the page to the left (where the list is quite legible) spiderman toothbrush is added as an afterthought, smaller and to the right.