Deceased/Not Found CA - Kyle Doan, 5, washed away in washed out road at flooded San Marcos creek, SLO County, 9 Jan 2023

cvaldez1975

Reaction score
I did a search for a post, but did not find. Please merge if there is one. This article from early on is one of the most heartbreaking i ever read, like i actually cried. i cant imagine his and his mom's fear. him looking at her as he floated away kills me.

its been a few weeks with massive searched, but he hasnt been found other than one shoe. the searches are sadly winding down :( he is not in namus, i did advise it in his social media missing group.

This is local to me, our community is heartbroken for the Doan family. Mom's posts on a local fb group are painful to read, you just want to reach out and hold her close. They are a good family going through a very painful time.

KSBY anchor Nina Lozano sat down with Lindsy and Brian Doan and talked about the letter she sent to Governor Newsom. Kyle's parents described how each day feels not knowing where their son is. "It feels like the day doesn't end," said Lindsy. Brian adds, "We don't know. We don't know if it's a Tuesday or Wednesday, really. We just wake up, it's another day. We haven't heard anything."

The Doans are stuck in limbo -- unable to grieve and unable to heal. Each day they're looking for answers, 'Where is their sweet young boy?'

Five-year-old Kyle Doan was swept away by flood waters near San Miguel while Lindsy drove him to school on January 9. "It's frequent that people stop us in the stores or they say, 'I'm sorry' and they offer their condolences. And it's well-meaning, but at the same time, we don't know whether he's somewhere or if he is dead," said Lindsy.

:(

Absolutely heartbreaking. :( I hope the boy is found soon, so his family can start to mend.

When I was a young child, my family lived for several years in a place where there was no bridge across one of the local riverbeds. It usually only had a trickle of water in it, but after a hard rain it would be flooded, and we would have to drive across it to get anywhere. I think it was about 40 miles extra to go another way, so Dad and Mom usually did drive us across it, although Mom would make any excuse not to.

Now I'm older it seems almost every year I see a story in the news about a family needing to be rescued or worse, are lost in a flooded river or wash, and I think about how lucky we were.

This is one of those threads I wish I'd never clicked on. My God, how tragic. :(

MAR 7, 2023
The family of Kyle Doan says unverified fundraisers are claiming to be assisting with search efforts to find the missing five-year-old.

“You get a moment where you're dwelling on him and that and that makes it hard,” said Brian Doan, Kyle's father. “I can't go by the school and look at his classroom. It's hard.”

[...]

As if this pain was not enough, now they have one more thing to worry about.

“We’re finding out about fundraisings that we weren't, we weren't aware of,” Brian said. “A lot of people's hearts are in the right place, but when we see things crop up and we have no idea what's going on, it really makes people leery and second guess.”

[...]

On Tuesday, Tony Cipolla, a spokesperson for the San Luis Obispo Sheriff’s Office, provided an update on sheriff-led searches, saying, “We have ongoing plans for future searches. Those searches continue to be dependent on several factors like weather conditions and river levels.”

If you come across a fundraiser that seems suspicious, you can report it to the FBI, click here.

[...]

This is one of those threads I wish I'd never clicked on. My God, how tragic. :(

MAR 7, 2023
The family of Kyle Doan says unverified fundraisers are claiming to be assisting with search efforts to find the missing five-year-old.

“You get a moment where you're dwelling on him and that and that makes it hard,” said Brian Doan, Kyle's father. “I can't go by the school and look at his classroom. It's hard.”

[...]

As if this pain was not enough, now they have one more thing to worry about.

“We’re finding out about fundraisings that we weren't, we weren't aware of,” Brian said. “A lot of people's hearts are in the right place, but when we see things crop up and we have no idea what's going on, it really makes people leery and second guess.”

[...]

On Tuesday, Tony Cipolla, a spokesperson for the San Luis Obispo Sheriff’s Office, provided an update on sheriff-led searches, saying, “We have ongoing plans for future searches. Those searches continue to be dependent on several factors like weather conditions and river levels.”

If you come across a fundraiser that seems suspicious, you can report it to the FBI, click here.

[...]
its so sad. his poor mom. (and whole family but she saw it)

this is a political piece. my whole heart is w the Doans and i empathize their feelings but honestly they dnt search for anyone really. its more for the LE and SAR in their community. I wish they would fund more searches for him though.

MAY 9, 2023
The father of missing 5-year-old Kyle Doan is begging the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office to continue the search and recovery efforts for his son.

Back on Jan. 9, Lindsy Doan, Kyle's mother, was taking him to school in the morning. She didn’t think the water flowing over the creek crossing on San Marcos Road was deeper than the previous day, so she drove through.

The water pushed her car off the bridge and into the creek, slamming it against a tree. Doan grabbed onto a tree to hold her and Kyle but flood waters pushed him out of her hands.

[...]

Doan said he has tried to bring out a K-9 volunteer task force from Idaho for a second time but the Sheriff's Office has not allowed it.

"Now we're at a standstill, we can’t make plans at all,” he said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back