SM as a potential focus of the investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see something coming up about attachment issues.
Someone mentioned it before.

She has been married 3 times, having one of the men adopt her child, then she divorced him. She had her young son go through two divorces.
Of all men, she chose her friend's ex.
She had her child live somewhere else.
Of course the fact she was adopted may also cause her issues.

IDK, but I just find these things to be a little beyond the norm, so I could see her losing interest or attachment to kyron.

In the Elizabeth Smart case, her sister's account was not desregarded by LE, it was that she could not remember who it was. She only knew that the voice was familiar. It was months later that she recalled who he was.

Yes but LE wouldn't release the sketch. It only went out because Ed Smart and John Walsh decided to go against LE and release it on America's Most Wanted. If they had not done that and had listened to LE, that patrol officer never would have recognized him and realized she was Elizabeth.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Who are this reporter's sources?

I am not finished reading this and the entire scenario regarding Kaine, Desiree, and Terri is so convoluted that it appears obvious that we are not meant to know the truth.

I am feeling like I am being fed a huge "storybook" description of people's lives that in no way resembles reality.

Was Desiree consulted for this story? If not, that really makes me upset.

This sounds like an opinion piece. This reporter saw a united front at the press conference and is pushing that agenda. Many of us saw something else, entirely.

I look forward to the other investigative journalists and the other people in Kyron's life coming out with some more details. What in the world would cause the Horman's to allow an article like this, at this time?

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Snip>

That same year, she was snagged on Interstate 5 in Marion County for drunken driving. James, who was 11, was in the car. With a blood-alcohol level of 0.15 percent, she was charged with DUII and reckless child endangerment. Terri pleaded guilty and took a diversion course.

Im not trying to be a smarty pants but if in 2005 she was charged and plead guilty to reckless child engangerment and DUII could she pass background checks to become a substitute teacher in an elementary school in 2005/2006?
You are right! Not necessarily the DUI - BUT the child endangerment could seriously jeopardize her "license, certificate, whatever they call it out there". Even if she kept her license - potential principals would have that info available to them.

Just sayin' and IMO.

But if a person has a hearing deficit, and you know it, do you yell across a crowded gym info that you think is important for her to know? Wouldn't you make your way over to the teacher and tell her, make sure she heard you, if you thought it was that important? And why WAS it that important, on a busy day such as science fair and then talent show, to tell her that information? Seems like setting up a premeditated act to me, but thats of course JMO.
abbie

BBM

Please do not think this is directed at you or any other individual poster, as dozens have stated this rumor as if it were fact. The original place this information came from was from an anonymous poster under a news article who VERY QUICKLY deleted the comment. We have been told over and over by mods not to quote or use such comments on the threads.

This rumor really needs to be put to rest. They were never in a crowded gym, the displays were in the classrooms. PLUS we now have clear confirmation that the teacher was given paperwork AND the message the day before the events at the school. If it happened by yelling in the gym, how would she get the paperwork to the teacher????.....unless maybe she somehow threw that across "the crowded gym" at her too!

jmoo

I am not finished reading this and the entire scenario regarding Kaine, Desiree, and Terri is so convoluted that it appears obvious that we are not meant to know the truth.

I am feeling like I am being fed a huge "storybook" description of people's lives that in no way resembles reality.

This sounds like an opinion piece. This reporter saw a united front at the press conference and is pushing that agenda. Many of us saw something else, entirely.

I look forward to the other investigative journalists and the other people in Kyron's life coming out with some more details. What in the world would cause the Horman's to allow an article like this, at this time?
I don't necessarily see it as a "storybook" description. I knew about some of the dates and events through public records.

Take it at face value and write down a "timeline" from the article. It sheds some light on some of the things we have been questioning - like why KH had Kyron.

I think he would have had trouble finding the truck if he were alone looking for it. And I can tell you that my 7 year old son would stick right by my side, even if I told him to go out to our vehicle alone. I think they slipped out together at a precise time.

MY BOLD

I think most normal 7-year-olds would not have a problem returning to the truck they had been driven to school in that was parked outside the school in the very familiar parking lot. this was a rather small school, from what I understand.

I know at age 7, my daughter could definitely have returned to the truck without issue, and would have done so if I had requested. Especially if it was to go somewhere she wanted to go, like to a pet store, etc. I certainly wouldn't have to ask her twice.

She has been married 3 times, having one of the men adopt her child, then she divorced him. She had her young son go through two divorces.

IDK, but I just find these things to be a little beyond the norm, so I could see her losing interest or attachment to kyron.

I see your point, but you never know where life is going to take you. I have been married 3 times myself but kept all my children and never had a husband adopt any of them. SM's story is unusual to me, and to many others, but probably not as weird as some might think. As far as her marriages, some women have rotten luck and are bad judges of character when it comes to men, so I don;t fault her for her history of husbands and such. I give mad props to the step father who adopted her son and pays child support though, what a refreshing stand-up kind of guy.
Her drunk driving w/ a child in the car distresses me but she appears to have atoned for that and thank God nobody was hurt or killed from that incident.
Would something like that affect her ability to get a job as a teacher? As a nurse it would not affect my job or license, if it was a one-time occurance.
I don't know about teachers though, especially w/ her endangering a child in the process. Shows lack of good judgment, IMO.
abbie

I have five children ranging in age from newly graduated down to kindergarten and I have NEVER had to fill out any sort of paperwork regarding a child's appointment -- and definitely not BEFORE the fact (a note to the teacher letting him/her know in advance, yes, but never something the teacher had to fill out). Doc/dentists these days now automatically print off a confirmation slip for Mom/Dad to give to the school on the day the child arrives back. Do the schools do things differently there in Oregon? This claim has me stumped.

Up through last year, my kids attended a PPS elementary the size of Skyline and I never heard of such a thing. When I needed to take them out of school for an appointment, I just sent in a little note for the teacher or called the office. I suppose this could have been something particular to Skyline, or even his class.

BBM

Please do not think this is directed at you or any other individual poster, as dozens have stated this rumor as if it were fact. The original place this information came from was from an anonymous poster under a news article who VERY QUICKLY deleted the comment. We have been told over and over by mods not to quote or use such comments on the threads.

This rumor really needs to be put to rest. They were never in a crowded gym, the displays were in the classrooms. PLUS we now have clear confirmation that the teacher was given paperwork AND the message the day before the events at the school. If it happened by yelling in the gym, how would she get the paperwork to the teacher????.....unless maybe she somehow threw that across "the crowded gym" at her too!

jmoo

Thank you for the heads up. I am actually releiived to know this is possibly not the truth as it really paints a weird picture of SM.
I am not one to spread rumors, I am in and out here while I do other things and its hard to tell the facts from articles and the other stuff. Are the quotes that are now days old from people who read her FB comments off limits, false, or what?
I wish someone who knows the truth about whats going on BASED on articles that are credible, would lay it all out in a post for those of us (me) too dense to tell the truth from the rumors.
I am coming here and here only right now (as opposed to the other message boards I post on) for the facts of this case as its the most credible board (IMO) for this case. So I will stick here, but be very careful what I post. Thanks again and sorry for any rules that I have broken along the way. I am still kind of a newbie.

abbie

BBM See, that is just something I have never and could never do. I wouldn't even go out with a man that one of my best friends briefly dated. That's just a big ewwww to me. :cow:

It doesn't sound "rosy" to me. According to the article, DY and KH's relationship soured soon after they married and they planned to separate. Then DY got pregnant and they decided to give the marriage a second chance. Before Kyron was even born, DY filed for divorce citing "irreconcilable differences." Then her best friend moves in with her child and her ex-husband (he of the irreconcilable differences) and marries him. I'm wondering if the irreconcilable difference was caused by DY's husband taking up with her best friend. That would do it, I would think. IMO

Up through last year, my kids attended a PPS elementary the size of Skyline and I never heard of such a thing. When I needed to take them out of school for an appointment, I just sent in a little note for the teacher or called the office. I suppose this could have been something particular to Skyline, or even his class.

I have 3 grandkids w/ ADHD and one granddaughter with mild form of autism (PDD/NOS) so know that paperwork is required from the teachers for the doctors to get a handle on kids behavior so that medication doses can be changed, adjusted, or kept the same. JMO.

abbie

We also now that she drives a bright red mustang. IMO, anyone who drives a bright red mustang is screaming for attention and wants to be noticed. Also, MOO of course, I also find it odd that a 40-year old woman with young children would drive a two-door mustang.

I looked at mustangs when my kids were young. I took my van in for servicing, and that gorgeous car was smack dab in the middle of the showroom floor. Boy, did I ever yearn for one. IIRC, the one I liked was a red convertible. I could see myself flying down the highway in that one!

I didn't want attention, I just wanted that car!

But I had 4 big booster seats and there was no way I could have done it. Maybe if only two were in car seats ... but no, I'm not that nimble.

I don't think owning a red mustang indicates anything about a person other than (hopefully) they can afford it.

Lurker, first post. Hope I do this right LOL :D

"Kyron was born Sept. 9, 2002, and Kaine and Desiree were officially divorced in 2003. Kaine and Desiree shared custody, but Kyron mostly lived with Desiree until 2004, when she went to Canada after suffering kidney failure."

Quote from this article: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

I think it is notable that Kyron was raised mainly by BM for the 1st 2 years of his life. IMO that is some of the strongest bonding time between baby and parent. SM took over sometime in his second year of life. Just an observation. Important or not? I don't know.

Hopefully the questionnaires will assist LE in sorting out facts of that day at the school and provide additional information on facts/rumor/inconsistencies. I believe the results will be pivitol for LE one way or the other. Am wondering if the heat has been turned up high enough to bring on a confession at this point?
Regardless of my opinion on who is responsible.... something (fuzzy) keeps nagging at my thinking... that there is more than one person involved with K's disappearance. What is that missing piece of the puzzle?

It doesn't sound "rosy" to me. According to the article, DY and KH's relationship soured soon after they married and they planned to separate. Then DY got pregnant and they decided to give the marriage a second chance. Before Kyron was even born, DY filed for divorce citing "irreconcilable differences." Then her best friend moves in with her child and her ex-husband (he of the irreconcilable differences) and marries him. I'm wondering if the irreconcilable difference was caused by DY's husband taking up with her best friend. That would do it, I would think. IMO

But then she remains friends with her? That's a little odd, IMO. Or, maybe she thought- good riddance to the hubby of irreconcilable differences, and "you can have him, honey". One mans trash is another mans treasure type of thing.

Sounds like the script for a weird reality show.

For whatever reason, this phrase was used twice. Either twice by the same person, or once each by two people.

What about Dad?

Why are they so concerned about what Terri was driving that day? Do they have some reason to believe that she was actually driving the Mustang? Or do that have someone who saw Kaine driving the truck?
Although I was leaning toward the Occam's Razor solution, now I am on the fence.

Yes but LE wouldn't release the sketch. It only went out because Ed Smart and John Walsh decided to go against LE and release it on America's Most Wanted. If they had not done that and had listened to LE, that patrol officer never would have recognized him and realized she was Elizabeth.

That's true about the sketch. It was actually his sister who called the police to ID him when she saw the sketch and his family sent police a photo.
I don't think that LE discounts anything, they take everything into consideration using their best judgement. That doesn't mean they are always right but it is a tough job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth