SM as a potential focus of the investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could she have a perfectionist personality? I'm basing this on the science project being so clean and tidy and perfect. I am a teacher and I'm messy with my stuff. When I saw that project I thought: OMG! Martha Stewart mom or what? She could have flipped out over him messing things up at home, etc. JMO

Some of the things in my theory I had posted,perfect Mom syndrome,putting kids in everything available in school and community and her being part of everything at school.And why I said how odd it is she didn't involve herself in the class that morning and especially the talent show that day.

I didn't know that she had her own oldest taken away from her. Where did you get that information from? Sometimes boys, especially when they enter puberty, can clash with their step father. Maybe her son wasn't taken away from her, but simply went to live with his bio dad.

We don't know the conditions of his departure from the Harmon home. But he has been in Roseburg, where his father and stepmother--and his maternal grandparents--live since January.

That is the part that I struggle with as well. You take him to school, then leave with him, to kill him. She must have snapped.

I suspect the same, IF there is actually SM's involvement. PPD? I really don't know very much about the family dynamics or the pressure's that could trigger such disorder. I DO know some who have experienced the effects, however.

I am a step-mom myself and although there were tough times, I never wished to harm my dear (step) daughter. I guess this is why I have tried to not fall into the 'wicked step mom theory'. Why why why would she allegedly do such a thing when she has raised Kyron from birth and invested so much energy into his upbringing?

I don't know what to think.

wm

Isn't her oldest child with the grandparents? and moved with just a few months of school left?

As a stepmother to my late husband's daughter, I tried so hard to create a healthy relationship with my stepdaughter while respecting her biological mother and their special bond. For me, it is hard to imagine hurting any child, particularly a step child. If such is eventually determined to be the case with this little boy, I will be very upset.

My late husband, a Native American Traditional Healer, always talked to me about how one should be wary of step parents (especially male) and how they act toward one's children. He was very happy when he met his daughter's soon-to-be stepfather and determined that he was a good man. One can imagine the possibility of a step father abusing his step-daughter, but a step mother harming a step-son is something that is unimaginable to me. If this is found to be the case in this situation, maybe it has something to do with postpartum depression or psychosis.

It's till from WW

But as a former Portland resident, they often go against the grain, but I'm not aware they aren't a reputable source....the love to go after the Oregonian.

I agree. James Pitkin is a professional journalist. At least to the extent that he's a staff reporter for WW and is salaried. I don't understand the need to independently verify what one professional news sources is saying vs. another. I don't know if that made sense, but if someone is a professional journalist and claims to have anonymous sources, how are we supposed to verify that?

This had to be premeditated! She brought him to scool and gave a possible excuse to the teacher so that he wouldn't be missed in class. I believe, she got rid of him because she has a biological child of her own now!

I do believe life in the Horman home changed drastically after the baby was born. Kyron had basically been an only child, so with a new baby I'm sure he went through the same things that most kids do when a new sibling enters the family. Maybe he was more needy, maybe he was angry, maybe he was attention seeking, maybe he was competing with the baby for attention and affection, maybe SM felt that Kyron was taking away from "Her Baby"...who knows:waitasec: but I'll eat my keyboard if anyone other that SM is charged with Kyron's disappearance.

My understanding from following cases of child murder, they are usually not planned and happen during the course of commiting abuse. Bedwetting is the big one. The abuser perceiving lack of respect from the child. Or just because the abuser had a bad day. Anger over a significant other not wanting kids around. I've about heard it all.

This is along the lines of what I think. Terri was obviously concerned about what people think and appearances. That shows in Kyron's science project, which could NOT have been done by Kyron without MUCH involvement from probably Terri. I think something made her snap that morning - he wet his pants, forgot something at home, etc. - that triggered a loss of temper when she had to take him from school to correct whatever problem came up. I think it was THEN that some sort of violence occurred, in the home or in the vehicle. And everything since has been attempts to deny it happened.

I'm going to put this here even though it could go on a couple of threads........I think they are releasing the flyer to put more pressure on her, and hopefully it will work.

If the SM's involvement turns out to be true, I can only wonder: Why? On a day when Kyron got to shine - he was proud as a peacock standing beside his science project and was to appear in the school's talent show.

I suggested the possibility of a jealousy theory several days ago but was thinking more in terms of an insecure, competitive parent whose child was in Kyron's class. It never crossed my mind that a step-parent could fall into this category. Please, dear Lord, do not let this be the case :(

When you go to reply to a post, look under all the smilies where it says "More"

LOL I have been wondering what that comment was about! I thought maybe it was a call out for someone.

Any one know if the presser is at 3 or 6? TIA

I am thinking as another poster stated. Maybe the presser from LE will be to tell people to stop believing everything they read on the internet and how much this is hurting the family. Or it could be about the uncle and how he fit's or doesn't fit into this case? IDK my head is spinning in every direction right now,

It's just hard to believe she raised him and then plans to kill him. Oh - never mind- we've seen lots of "parents" kill their kids. :(

I think she felt it would be so much nicer if it were just her, her husband, and the child they had together. A perfect family.

so, now that I can say something, I am too overcome to say anything. :no:

:praying: for Kyron

I'll just say I'm not surprised at all. I suspected her from the beginning and had multiple reasons for doing so. Now to find Kyron.....

Wow. I missed all the latest developments, including rumors, over the last 24 hours....I am pretty sickened over the questionnaire, the WW article, and other factors that are taking me right back to the other end of the speculation spectrum, JUST as I had finally shaken my first theory as to what happened to Kyron (SM involvement). I finally truly felt in my heart that his elaborate science fair display was further evidence that there was far too much love in the family to suspect ill-harm by SM. I really am not prepared for this presser today, if it turns out SM is going to be a POI in this case. Sweet Kyron!!!!

I think that Terri has some deep issues and they didn't begin with Kyron, or with the birth of her daughter, or even with the birth of her older son. I think that her issues stem back to her own childhood, BUT that doesn't cause me to have any sympathy for her, not at all.

I'm not an expert but I think it's a little late for PPD. Not that it wouldn't be tried for some kind of defense.
The other red flag to me was the talent show. I just couldn't see an involved parent that went to a science fair skipping the talent show. And it would have been the perfect opportunity to pick up the science fair project. The picture they showed of the classroom the following Monday looked like all the projects had been picked up except his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member