SM as a potential focus of the investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if she needed a place for her and her son to stay when she moved in. If they were just friends then she could have watched Kyron during the day until the his dad came home from work.

Why was her oldest son's dad still paying child support if her second husband adopted him? I thought adoption negated anything with the bio dad. :waitasec:

IIRC its the adoptive dad who is now divorced from Terri who pays the child support regularly for his adopted son, even tho they are not still together. He is one off those rare decent men who lives up to his responsibilities. Refreshing, IMO.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Snip>

That same year, she was snagged on Interstate 5 in Marion County for drunken driving. James, who was 11, was in the car. With a blood-alcohol level of 0.15 percent, she was charged with DUII and reckless child endangerment. Terri pleaded guilty and took a diversion course.

Im not trying to be a smarty pants but if in 2005 she was charged and plead guilty to reckless child engangerment and DUII could she pass background checks to become a substitute teacher in an elementary school in 2005/2006?
That's a great question. Is that considered a felony? It might also depend on what kind of background checks are done on substitutes. When I moved to my present state they did a background check which checked for a felony conviction...when I renewed my license I also had to do a background check with the state's child protection service division.

Can't imagine going to school for it then never practicing it. But, apparently moneny is not an issue in her family so maybe she financially never "had' to go to work as a teacher. Maybe her plan was to teach once her little baby girl was in school. Who knows?
abbie

Lots of women give up their careers or never really get a hefty start on them when they have children. They do this because they think it is important for their children to be raised by a stay at home mom.

If I had a dollar for every time someone has said that I wasted my education and ruined my career by staying home with my kids, I'd be rich.

I don't think it is a waste, and I don't judge others for making different choices.

In many single-income families, money is a big issue, btw. It is in ours, and we are far from being the only ones. The only way it works is by being frugal - needs are met, wants are not (especially for the parents). I have frequently gone without things other people take for granted so that I can use the money for my kids' wants. It is a constant juggling act, but it is my choice (until now when I couldn't get a job if I wanted one because there aren't any).

I would assume that the sources of the information are the people whose names are clearly quoted in the article. These people's knowledge of the family must be far greater than anyone posting here on WS, as I have only seen one poster here that claims to have had even a small connection to the family. The newspaper located these various people at different places and times and cities.....it is consistent information from one person to another. Her teaching experience and college education is easy to verify by official records, as are dates of marriage and divorce. I see no justification to believe these people or the news source are conspiring to lie to the public.

jmo

Perhaps w/ all the negative press SM is getting the article is factual but was written to put a more positive spin on SM. She sure needs it at this point.
God forbid my personal life was put up there for the world to judge, I would be mortified, and curl up and die. I am a good person but Lord knows have not been perfect. Few of us could stand up to that kind of scrutiny, I think.
JMO

Welcome to Websleuths sherbertjello and Jewelzmarie. It's good to have you here!! :)

God forbid my personal life was put up there for the world to judge, I would be mortified, and curl up and die. I am a good person but Lord knows have not been perfect. Few of us could stand up to that kind of scrutiny, I think.
JMO

It would be just plain horrible, especially on top of the nightmare of having a missing child.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Who are this reporter's sources?

I am not finished reading this and the entire scenario regarding Kaine, Desiree, and Terri is so convoluted that it appears obvious that we are not meant to know the truth.

I am feeling like I am being fed a huge "storybook" description of people's lives that in no way resembles reality.

Was Desiree consulted for this story? If not, that really makes me upset.

This sounds like an opinion piece. This reporter saw a united front at the press conference and is pushing that agenda. Many of us saw something else, entirely.

I look forward to the other investigative journalists and the other people in Kyron's life coming out with some more details. What in the world would cause the Horman's to allow an article like this, at this time?

Every named source in that story was a friend or family member of Terri's. I would be interested in a friend of Desiree's description of the events surrounding her divorce from Kaine and Terri's moving in with him.
I agree with your characterization of it as "storybook."

I have a hard time beleiving she did hate or resent him. How could she, that sweet little child? And if this is true, wouldn;t she have unloaded Kyron back on his mom aas soon as his mom was back on her feet again?
~ snipped respectfully

BBM But what kind of wife/mom would she look like to her husband if she did that? If she is the one responsible for Kyron's disappearance then it's not very hard to believe she hated/resented him. This would be the ultimate evil. A lot more so than if a stranger sex offender abducted him. :cow:

Lots of women give up their careers or never really get a hefty start on them when they have children. They do this because they think it is important for their children to be raised by a stay at home mom.

If I had a dollar for every time someone has said that I wasted my education and ruined my career by staying home with my kids, I'd be rich.

I don't think it is a waste, and I don't judge others for making different choices.

In many single-income families, money is a big issue, btw. It is in ours, and we are far from being the only ones. The only way it works is by being frugal - needs are met, wants are not (especially for the parents).

I had no choice but to go to school (as a single parent) and get my nursing degree. Before that I was a waitress and that was NOT paying the bills. My degree enabled me to raise my kids alone and in a decent area, good schools, etc. Had I met a rich guy who wanted to take me and 3 kids on, I think I would have still worked. BUT my kids were not small when I graduated nursing school, they were 7, 8, and 10. I would have loved to have been a stay at home mom when they were small. JMO

BTW, I cannot believe that LE would spend the money for Blackhawk helicopters and then continue to search Sauvie if they don't have a darn good reason.

Money is tight nowadays.

I am amazed that people give more credence to blogger opinions posted on FB or random comments responding to an article than to the article itself! Unlike opinions -- dates of marriage, college, births, and a time-line of events can be substantiated through a Google search. This article says that Deseriee left the country to Canada for treatment of life-threatening kidney failure. She returned with $30,000 in medical bills. Terri, a friend, moved in to help with child care. The women have been friends a long time. Why is this information being dissed as clever, fairytail like? Why is this any less realistic than a random opinion? moo mho

Yes, considering POrtland, Or is #1 in nation for trafficing of children, should be easy to "sell" a kid in OR

It may be easy to sell a child there, but how would one go about it?

Your average middle class mother, it seems to me, would have no idea how to do that. I wouldn't. I don't think it is as simple as merely standing on a street corner in a bad part of town and asking passersby if they want to buy a child.

Or am I just naive and most people know how to go about selling children?

Not only that, but wouldn't a child who would definitely be searched for not be the best buy? If I were buying a child, I'd want to buy one that no one cares about. Otherwise, the risk to me would be far too high.

Iwill go see if I can find it, I know it is there brb.....

Grandma... :laugh: BRB ..... That is a joke :) There are hundreds of articles on Kyron, and I am still looking for the article about Terri calling from across the gym. I know it is there ...I read it, it was in some of the older articles when the school starting speaking out. I will find it !!!! :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge