Small town called F...king (rhymes with trucking) Austria wants to change it's name.

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Show Me, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Show Me

Show Me New Member

Warning...you may bust a gut laughing at this article. Don't forget to read the comments. A few funny bits from the article.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/04/a-small-town-wants-to-change-fking-name/

Moves are now afoot to change the village name to something less distinctive.

“The only problem is that we need all of the ******ing residents to agree to the name change,” Mayor Franz Meindl said –speaking literally, you can assume, and not colloquially, in a recent TV interview. “Everyone needs to agree for it to happen.”

******ingers — there are only 104 of them — have tired of the giggles and endless jokes that follow the mention of their village, which is properly pronounced Fooking.

Lothar Lerch, who has highlighted F..king for website Virtual Tourist, recommends a road trip from Kissing, Germany to F..king, Austria. A direct route from Kissing to F,,king, he says, takes just over two hours, but he advises a scenic route including stops in Petting or Tittmoning.

2. Loading...

3. butwhatif?

butwhatif? New Member

Thanks for the laugh. :floorlaugh:

4. octobermoon

octobermoon New Member

5. CHICANA

CHICANA Active Member

This is hilarious !!

6. buffetoflies

buffetoflies New Member

[quote-showme]A direct route from Kissing to F,,king, he says, takes just over two hours, but he advises a scenic route including stops in Petting or Tittmoning. [/quote]

Two hours is far too long for that. They need to shorten their route!

7. kline

kline New Member

I would love to hear from those opposed to the motion in favor of the name change.

8. Show Me

Show Me New Member

I'd love to hear why the other f*** ing residents don't want to change the name also.

9. butwhatif?

butwhatif? New Member

This has amused me for days. What does that say about me? :blushing:

<This link isn't censored>

http://www.banderasnews.com/0611/nw-****ing-austria.htm