So sad: Man, 70 puts ad in paper, just wants a friend

sansoucie said:
You guys are something else! I think I will also write Dennis and maybe inform my kids' teacher as you are doing. I just became a member and can't think of more compassionate people than you all that I have met on the "net"!

Sansoucie

Welcome to Websleuths sansoucie ;)

Would someone please PM me Dennis's address as well. I would really like to write him. Thanks.

I'm having people from all over the world wanting to do more for this man! Wow I never expected this! :) It's Wonderful!
Alot are asking me if they can donate thru paypal. I have set up an account for Dennis at paypal.com. The money will be used to buy stationary, stamps, other writing utensils, pharmacy gift cards, and whatever else he might need.

The email to send donations to is: adoptdennis@alpharee.com

alpharee said:
I'm having people from all over the world wanting to do more for this man! Wow I never expected this! :) It's Wonderful!
Alot are asking me if they can donate thru paypal. I have set up an account for Dennis at paypal.com. The money will be used to buy stationary, stamps, other writing utensils, pharmacy gift cards, and whatever else he might need.

The email to send donations to is: adoptdennis@alpharee.com

WOW Alpharee - this is turning out to be sooo great! I bet you are so excited. Maybe we could end up with enough to buy him a new TV and a computer ---- how about that (of course, then he would have to pay internet charges each month, hmmmmmmm).

Please please keep us posted!

Yes, thats what the name means... It's my last name and not very descriptive :)

sansoucie

Alpharee , I need a hat tipping smiley for you but this :clap: and :woohoo: and this :blowkiss: will have to do!

I'll be at the Paypal window. I sent him things today.

Sansoucie, glad to hear it! ;)

Newswolf said:
Alpharee , I need a hat tipping smiley for you but this :clap: and :woohoo: and this :blowkiss: will have to do!

I'll be at the Paypal window. I sent him things today.

Sansoucie, glad to hear it! ;)
aww shucks, :blushing: Newswolf, thanks :)

Dennis would be a perfect candidate for a retirement community based on income. I don't know about Ohio, but Texas has very nice apartment complexes for elderly people. Some pay very little rent each month. There, the people are surrounded by their peers, can visit, feel safe, etc. My Dad actually lived in one that was owned by a church. If I were alone, lonely, and on very fixed income, that's what I would want to do. If Dennis does rent, and is not afraid of a change like this, maybe his pastor or someone in the area could help him apply if he is interested.

Believe me, we have those retirement communities on every street corner here in Florida - kinda like bars up North......

I know they had them in PA, too.....

Please alpha, keep us posted. You are wonderful!

alpharee said:
Piper mentioed WebTV for Dennis and I never thought of that! I'll have to check into it. Thanks Piper for the idea~!

I E-mailed you about the webtv. It's regular webtv and brand new. There are two kinds of webtv accounts. One is for limited access at $9.95 per month and then there's unlimited access for like $24.95 per month.
I've had webtv+ for a few years and I do like it.
I sit in a comfy chair, have a tv pop up and I have a nice large screen so it's easy on the eyes.

There are some drawbacks...no web dingys...and sadly, now that the format here has changed, I can no longer enjoy all of the wonderful emoticons that ws has.
I've tried hundreds of times to access them but it won't work.

Anyhooo, I will write to Dennis as soon as I get your PM or e-mail. Let me know what you think about the webtv.
In memory of my mom who the webtv was meant for I'd like to help someone in need.

Rainie

Rainie that is so sweet of you but I haven't received an email or PM from you :(
I'll call Dennis tonight and ask him about it. Hopefully $9.95 can be afforded for him.
(also I know that if you don't have a local number for Web Tv it cost even more-(up to $30.00 a month) I'll check on that too and see if they ahve a local number for him.
Thanks again Rainie, God Bless You and Your Family.

Marie, I forwarded you the e-mail I got from Rainie.

God bless you, Rainie for offering this incredible gift to Dennis.

WasBlind said:
Marie, I forwarded you the e-mail I got from Rainie.

God bless you, Rainie for offering this incredible gift to Dennis.

Keep us informed - let us know what you need.....

Update, I spoke to Dennis last night. Marie is correct, he is delightful. We only had a short talk, about 20 minutes, as someone came to his door. Marie and others who post here will tell you 20 minutes is short for this professional phone talker.....lol

He was very excited to have gotten a call from Germany from a Texan, he thought that was a hoot.

He is deeply moved by the response we are getting to the mailing, and he anticipates reading each and every card and letter, once they all arrive.

He does wish to receive calls, so if anyone wants his phone number, PM or e-mail me at MissingProfiles@yahoo.com and in the subject, please put "Adopt Dennis-WS", so I will not inadvertantly delete it, and thanks.

For everyone who has taken a few minutes to write this man, I thank you. God bless our veterans, they paid for our freedom, and to send a card is a small thing to do for someone like him. xoxoxox

Marie, you're an angel. Bless you, darlin'!

Love and blessings to all, Lanie

I tried to look up the story on him in online newspaper. When I clicked the link to read the whole story, another page came up which had nothing to do with Mr. Sprouse. I guess they made a mistake in getting the stories straight.

I think the pages are refreshed daily, txvicki. If you want a copy of anything, you can either write the newspaper, or myself or alpharee may have it on file.

God bless you, and thanks for caring about Dennis!

In Christ, Lanie
MissingProfiles@yahoo.com

*edited for typos*

Yes, I read the first post which has the whole story, but I was just looking up the newspaper article online and noticed that a person reading the local paper online wouldn't be able to access the whole article.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back