so there is no DNA evidence that ties the WM3.....

Before I start, I would just like to say that I have not made up my mind about this case. So please, noone attack me saying I am just blind to evidence in order so support my opinion.

Now, I'm not a lawyer, merely a law student. But, I don't place much stock in Jessie's former lawyer saying that he is operating at the level of a five year old. I have no doubt that Jessie is below average intelligence, but this is a self-serving statement. It is in the lawyers best interest to make statements like this about a client, because they can plead diminished responsibility (which may lead to a reduced sentence).

*takes a breath* I still can't figure out my opinion on this case. My mind is changing all the time!

You are absolutely right: lawyers are advocates and are often trying out different ways to communicate ideas. The "level of a five-year-old" remark probably shouldn't be taken literally and doesn't need to be debated as if it were a formal diagnosis.

There is plenty of other evidence that JM is well below average in intelligence.

The State is now openly advocating a position of "DO NOT TEST ANY MORE EVIDENCE." - http://www.dpdlaw.com/statebrief.pdf .

Come on, folks, anyone on the fence.... Have you ever SEEN this? A State more concerned with being "right" than with the truth and the testing of evidence? This is over. The State damned well knows they're not guilty or they'd be saying "TEST TEST TEST" the way the defense is.

The time has come to "nifong" Dustin McDaniels, the Attorney General of Arkansas. He has now (sadly) shown that he'll urinate all over the statute of justice if doing so will help him with his right-wing "law and order" buddies. Arkansas Take Action is about to come out with an announcement .... they've thus far not moved against him and sought to see him defeated at the polls. But his damned name appears on the brief insisting that no new testing occur. His office has hidden the results of the testing he ordered in November 2011. It's done. This is sickening, but McDaniels has to go.

JUSTICE FOR 6 = FREE THE 3, ARREST THE ONE, VOTE OUT MCDANIELS.

The one TH hair is not enough to convict TH, I agree. However, when seen with the additional DJ hair, it is much more convincing. How did the DJ hair get there? DJ says that he was not near the discovery site. Either he's lying or TH is lying because he also denies being at the discovery site prior to the discovery of the bodies.

You do realize, right, that the hair that is consistent with DJ:

1) is also consistent with 7% of the population, and

2) wasn't found until a month after the crime.

pufnstuf,

As I stated in another thread, the 7% must be in Jacoby's maternal line and somehow that hair had to find its way to the discovery site. IMO, TH picked up the Jacoby hair when he was playing guitars and deposited it at the discovery site when he sat down on the tree stump to rest after transporting two of the bodies from the murder site to the discovery ditch.

Jacoby stated in his deposition that he didn't go near the discovery ditch, and I tend to believe him over Hobbs (who also claimed that he didn't go near the ditch). Hobbs admits to having been in the woods all night long, searching. It makes much more sense that he would be the source of the hairs than Jacoby. Who else from either maternal line was in West Memphis on May 5, 1993?

Damien and Jason had long hair at the time of the crimes. How is it possible that their hair was not dislodged in the process of these murders, but somehow other hair was found at the discovery ditch? I'm not saying that the hairs alone are enough to convict the guilty party, but I believe that more evidence will be revealed in December at the evidentiary hearing.

Ok... you're entitled to your opinion, but please don't state it as fact.

Again, the hair has not been proven conclusively to belong to Jacoby. Even the defense's DNA expert said that he couldn't say conclusively that the hair belonged to Jacoby.

And you are aware that not all hairs found at the scene were tested, right? And that the fibers that were tested conclusively matched fibers from the three who were convicted?

I find it ironic that the very people who champion the WM3 would convict Terry Hobbs on much less evidence than exists against the three who are currently in prison.

Fact: The fiber evidence is far from conclusive. That evidence was "microscopically similar" to items in the defendants' homes. The prosecution even admitted to the parents/step parents that the evidence was weak, and Lisa Savekicius (sp?) said the same thing. Further testing, which the State is not wanting performed, could shed additional light on this subject.

Fact: There has not been one piece of physical evidence in this crime that has been conclusively linked to the young men in prison. The hairs that have been tested further exclude the WM3 as their source. Again, further testing of those and other hairs, which the State is not wanting performed, could shed additional light on this subject as well.

The two hairs that have been tested were tested only for mitochondrial DNA, because no root was present. The newer testing could reveal more here, too. Even with the previous limited testing (2007), the WM3 were excluded as the source for these hairs.

As to the case against TH, since his unsuccessful attempt to sue Natalie Maines Pasdar and the Dixie Chicks, their attorneys did what the WMPD did not (or would not) do; they investigated TH. The Pasdar documents reveal a lot about Mr. Hobbs that we did not previously know. Mildred French, a former neighbor, revealed, for instance, that she reported to the police that TH was beating his wife (first wife, not Pam) and child (biological son), and for her trouble, she reports that TH broke into her home and sexually assaulted her. There is more, but, IMO, that incident shows a propensity to violence that would be circumstantial evidence to prove that TH was capable of the murders.

There's more circumstantial evidence against TH that has surfaced since 1993, also. He left Pam shortly after the murders. He shot Pam's brother (who later died of complications of this gunshot wound) when he (Pam's brother) and Pam's father tried to defend her against his (Terry's) abuse. Statistics indicate that in approximately 61% of the child murders, the guilty party is a parent, step parent or friend of the family. TH fits that profile. The WM3 do not. There are also declarations and depositions from members of Pam's family that speak to Terry's abusive nature against Stevie.

Then there are the hairs. They are physical evidence against whomever the source is, and that source has a strong probability of being TH, who refused to give a full DNA sample at the time (2007). That certainly raises red flags with me.

IMO, this list is stronger than the information against the WM3. All the State has against the WM3 is statements by a mentally-challenged teen who was questioned without an attorney (or even his parents) present, some fibers that are "microscopically similar" to some articles found in some of the defendants' homes (and which would be "microscopically similar" to many items in the local Wal-mart as well) and the "expert" testimony of Dale Griffis (who got his PhD from a now-defunct diploma mill) stating that the murders had "occult trappings." The "Satanic panic" is over, so, even if Griffis were a real expert, this information is no longer viable in this case.

So, at this point in time, as the defense prepares for the evidentiary hearings ordered by unanimous decision of the Arkansas State Supreme Court, what do recent events tell us? IMO, recent events tell us the following:

1) No physical evidence has been found to conclusively link any of the WM3 to the crime.

2) The State is arguing against any further testing of any physical evidence (although they did conduct further testing on their own and in secret, but have not revealed the results of that testing).

3) Quite a bit of circumstantial evidence has surfaced that casts suspicion on Terry Hobbs as the perpetrator of these murders. Unlike JMB, he has not been cooperative in supplying explanations/DNA to prove his innocence.

This is where the case stands now. Usually, a guilty defendant, when asked about further DNA testing, is opposed to such testing. Damien especially (and the other two as well) is adamant about testing anything and everything that can be tested. Terry Hobbs does not want to supply a DNA sample (or submit to a polygraph, but that is beside the point since they are inadmissible). The State is backing their heels about further testing. And, our dear friend Senator (formerly Judge) Burnett has introduced a new bill in the Arkansas State Senate that would make it easier to convict based on a confession alone, with no evidence. What do these things tell you?

Fact: The fiber evidence is far from conclusive. That evidence was "microscopically similar" to items in the defendants' homes. The prosecution even admitted to the parents/step parents that the evidence was weak, and Lisa Savekicius (sp?) said the same thing. Further testing, which the State is not wanting
performed, could shed additional light on this subject

14 Q. Will you please state you name and occupation?
15 A. Lisa Sakevicius and I'm a criminalist at the Arkansas State
16 Crime Lab.
17 Q. What education, experience and training have you had to
18 qualify you as a criminalist at the Crime Lab?
19 A. I have a degree in chemistry from the University of Central
20 Arkansas. I worked as a chemist for a year at the Arkansas
21 Plant Board where I learned to use several instruments. Then I
22 started working at the lab about five and a half years ago.
23 I have been to the accelerant detection course from the
24 FBI. I've had polarized light microscopy courses from the
25 McKrohn Institute and manmade fiber identifications from McKrohn

1 Institute. I've had a hair comparison course from the
2 Association of Forensic Sciences in Selma, Alabama. I have
3 been to various workshops involving trace evidence.

1 Q. Just so we're real clear on all this, on the Cub Scout cap,
2 which is State's Exhibit 8, you found a fiber microscopically
3 similar to the fibers in State's Exhibit 85 which is a shirt
4 from Damien Echols' residence?
5 A. Correct.
6 Q. And then you found a fiber on the white polka-dot shirt,
7 State's Exhibit 44, which was consistent with the fiber from the
8 red housecoat from Jason Baldwin's house?
9 A. That's correct.
10 Q. And then you found a green polyester fiber on the pair of
11 blue pants labeled State's Exhibit 45 that was microscopically
12 similar to the same shirt from Damien Echols?
13 A. Polyester and cotton.
14 Q. Two fibers. One cotton, one polyester?
15 A. Correct.
16 Q. I noted the fibers were what color?
17 A. Green.
18 Q. And the shirt is blue. Explain that to me.
19 A. The color that I see under the microscope isn't necessarily
20 the overall color that it might appear to you. If I have a
21 glass of water, it appears clear but if you look at the ocean,
22 it appears blue. That's the difference in my terminology from
23 what I'm seeing.
24 Q. So what exactly are you looking at when you are looking at
25 -- when you're making a fiber comparison?

1 A. I look at both the fibers side by side in a comparison
2 microscope. I examine the color. I look at a property called
3 birefringence. I look at delustrants.
4 I take them to another instrument called a
5 microspectrophotometer. I examine to make sure the dyes are
6 similar. I take them if they are synthetic to another
7 instrument called a fourier transform infrared microscope and
8 examine them there to make sure the polymers are the same.
9 Q. So it is not just a matter of looking at them under the
10 microscope and saying they are similar?
11 A. Correct.
12 Q. In regard to the fiber on the housecoat or fibers in the
13 housecoat that match the housecoat from Jason Baldwin's house
14 and the fiber found on Exhibit 44, which was the black and white
15 shirt, is that a common type fiber that you see in the lab?
16 A. I don't see it as often as I do a lot of the other types.
17 CROSS EXAMINATION
18 BY MR. STIDHAM:
19 Q. Can you tell the jury what microscopically similar means?
20 A. That I cannot distinguish the two. They look the same to
21 me.
22 Q. Does that mean it is a definite match or just similar?
23 A. That means there are no distinguishable differences between
24 the two fibers.
The fiber evidence was not only "microscopically similar, but also:
Ford: Tell me, what kind of microspectometer you have?

Sakevicius: Microspectrophotometer?

Ford: Yeah that.

Sakevicius: Its a Zise QAMS-50

Ford: Ok, and how old is it?

Sakevicius: Its about two years old.

Ford: Is it important, is it important that when you run graphs for these fibers, that the lines be parallel in order to say that theyre a match?

Sakevicius: They need to follow the same general curves and have the same peak and valleys.

Ford: Have the same peak and valleys and follow -- And so if they intersect, theyre not following the same track with the same peaks and valleys because if they do, they wont intersect, is that right?

Sakevicius: You can get two fibers from a known source to intersect.

Ford: Thats not my question. When youre comparing them, if they follow the same parallel course, theyre not gonna intersect, are they?

Sakevicius: They shouldnt.

Ford: Ok. All of these graphs intersect, dont they?

Sakevicius: Yes.

Ford: Your graphs, Charlies graphs, they all intersect?

Sakevicius: Even the graphs of the known fibers intersect. You have to take into account the entire graph, the end points are not as important.

Ford: Ok. Let me see if you would agree with me on this. That lets assume Mr. Linch is a qualified, competent fiber analyst. And youre a qualified, competent fiber analyst. And yall look at the same things and disagree. Doesnt that really leave us with the bottom line that these really dont mean that much at all?

Sakevicius: I cant place the meaning on this, thats not my job.

Ford: Thank you. Pass the witness.

Fogleman: I dont have any further questions.

The Court: Thank you Lisa, youre free to go.

No, CR, THAT ^^^ is fact. By the way, Linda's techniques are still believed to be very reliable in fiber analyses...and are still used today. Sure, there have been small advancements, BUT there's been no paradigm shift that invalidates Sakevicius' findings.

Fact: There has not been one piece of physical evidence in this crime that has been conclusively linked to the young men in prison. The hairs that have been tested further exclude the WM3 as their source. Again, further testing of those and other hairs, which the State is not wanting performed, could shed additional light on this subject as well.

Hairs hairs everywhere, but only a few have been tested. So what that they exclude Damien and his minions. Not surprising. Considering that this was the local beer-drinking hangout for a lot of teens in that area, there's gonna be hair there. Lots of hair.

But let's put the true fact foward. Very little hair evidence has been tested. When it is, indeed, tested (I'm welcoming the hearing, by the way... will open lots of doors. Wonder if Domini will fly in to provide a control sample for that red hair that was found on the bank.) the WM3 and their supporters might find that they've bitten off more than they can chew.

The two hairs that have been tested were tested only for mitochondrial DNA, because no root was present. The newer testing could reveal more here, too. Even with the previous limited testing (2007), the WM3 were excluded as the source for these hairs.

Egads, those same techniques could be used to test the bloody shirt and the Damien pendant... but those somehow got left off of defense's list for testing.

As to the case against TH, since his unsuccessful attempt to sue Natalie Maines Pasdar and the Dixie Chicks, their attorneys did what the WMPD did not (or would not) do; they investigated TH. The Pasdar documents reveal a lot about Mr. Hobbs that we did not previously know. Mildred French, a former neighbor, revealed, for instance, that she reported to the police that TH was beating his wife (first wife, not Pam) and child (biological son), and for her trouble, she reports that TH broke into her home and sexually assaulted her. There is more, but, IMO, that incident shows a propensity to violence that would be circumstantial evidence to prove that TH was capable of the murders.

Yes, I've got to give you supporters credit. You've assisted in the destruction of JMB's life... some thing that Pam committed suicide because of all the suspicion. And now you won't let up until you've tormented Terry to his grave. Very commendable of you...torturing the family members of dead children.

Shifting gears though...
You've left fact, now. Because there's no criminal case against Terry Hobbs in re the murders of Steve, Mike, and Chris. He's just the next convenient target, after your previous target jumped on the Depp Vedder Chick Bandwagon. And from what he himself has said, he has been rewarded nicely, this paragon of virtue.

There's more circumstantial evidence against TH that has surfaced since 1993, also. He left Pam shortly after the murders. He shot Pam's brother (who later died of complications of this gunshot wound) when he (Pam's brother) and Pam's father tried to defend her against his (Terry's) abuse.

Circumstantial evidence to what? That Terri didn't get along with Pam and her family and he was especially angry that night because Pam's sister barged in and planted drugs in his bedroom? By the way it's still up in the air as to whether he shot Pam's brother-in-law in self defense. And he only did small jail time for the charge of aggravated asault. A lot of families go through utter turmoil after the loss of a child in such a henious way. So I'd guess that we could mark up the divorce of Terry and Pam and he turmoil in their house, the death of JMB's wife, and other travesties to the boys in the steel hood.

Statistics indicate that in approximately 61% of the child murders, the guilty party is a parent, step parent or friend of the family. TH fits that profile. The WM3 do not. There are also declarations and depositions from members of Pam's family that speak to Terry's abusive nature against Stevie.

Terry Terry Terry. If one family member won't fit when you try to throw him under the bus, you just move on to the next.

Then there are the hairs. They are physical evidence against whomever the source is, and that source has a strong probability of being TH, who refused to give a full DNA sample at the time (2007). That certainly raises red flags with me.

That's your opinion. And, by the way, Terri freely gave bio samples back a the time of the investigation. I'd laugh my *advertiser censored* off if the cig that is being used for the control sample actually belongs to someone other than Terry.

IMO, this list is stronger than the information against the WM3. All the State has against the WM3 is statements by a mentally-challenged teen who was questioned without an attorney (or even his parents) present, some fibers that are "microscopically similar" to some articles found in some of the defendants' homes (and which would be "microscopically similar" to many items in the local Wal-mart as well) and the "expert" testimony of Dale Griffis (who got his PhD from a now-defunct diploma mill) stating that the murders had "occult trappings." The "Satanic panic" is over, so, even if Griffis were a real expert, this information is no longer viable in this case.

You're welcome to your opinion, no matter how fictional its basis.

So, at this point in time, as the defense prepares for the evidentiary hearings ordered by unanimous decision of the Arkansas State Supreme Court, what do recent events tell us? IMO, recent events tell us the following:

1) No physical evidence has been found to conclusively link any of the WM3 to the crime.

No, there's lots of evidence... it just hasn't been tested yet. But it will be, and it will be presented at the ev hearing. Like I said before, we supporters of the children welcome a new hearing. We welcome the outcome. But I bet that you who support the perps will never be happy, no matter the outcome.

2) The State is arguing against any further testing of any physical evidence (although they did conduct further testing on their own and in secret, but have not revealed the results of that testing).

At present? Really? Link to a verifiable source, not some silly blackboard forum.
3) Quite a bit of circumstantial evidence has surfaced that casts suspicion on Terry Hobbs as the perpetrator of these murders. Unlike JMB, he has not been cooperative in supplying explanations/DNA to prove his innocence.

A hair fragment ,embedded in a shoe lace that most likely was stripped from his son's shoe, that may or may not be Terri Hobbs' hair. That's "quite a bit," huh. And, again, he gave DNA 17 years ago. He has no obligation to jump through defense hoops.

This is where the case stands now. Usually, a guilty defendant, when asked about further DNA testing, is opposed to such testing. Damien especially (and the other two as well) is adamant about testing anything and everything that can be tested. Terry Hobbs does not want to supply a DNA sample (or submit to a polygraph, but that is beside the point since they are inadmissible). The State is backing their heels about further testing. And, our dear friend Senator (formerly Judge) Burnett has introduced a new bill in the Arkansas State Senate that would make it easier to convict based on a confession alone, with no evidence. What do these things tell you?

You must not know much about the Innocence Project. The woman who runs the project receives requests every day from people about whom there is no doubt of guilt. They lie. They beg. They cry. Even though she knows that there's not a snowball's chance in hell that they'll ever be free again,
she still tests them. And they finish their sentences as lonely old men whose cases, in an attempt to find freedom, were confirmed by science.

14 Q. Will you please state you name and occupation?
15 A. Lisa Sakevicius . . . .

No, CR, THAT ^^^ is fact. By the way, Linda's techniques are still believed to be very reliable in fiber analyses...and are still used today. Sure, there have been small advancements, BUT there's been no paradigm shift that invalidates Sakevicius' findings.

Correct that Linda's techniques are still considered reliable.
My 1972 Datsun still runs, too ........ but --- I prefer my 2009 Grand Am.

The relevant point is that Jason filed a motion asking the State to consent to having the fibers tested with the modern technology. In sum ... why take the Datsun when the Grand Am is there?

Oh, and, btw .... the State vehemently fought Jason's motion to the fibers retested. Does one really need to say more than that? Burnett (former judge on the case) agreed with the State -- but the Arkansas Supreme Court disagreed and Judge Laser has just issued an order permitting Jason to go ahead with the retest.

Hairs hairs everywhere, but only a few have been tested. So what that they exclude Damien and his minions. Not surprising. Considering that this was the local beer-drinking hangout for a lot of teens in that area, there's gonna be hair there. Lots of hair.
But, my friend, this isn't correct. There wasn't "lots of hair." There were hairs from the probable killer (Hobbs) and a hair he picked up an hour earlier (Jacoby).

But I agree there should have been lots of hair ... of all evidence found, there is NOTHING from any of the WM3 (nor a fingerprint, shoe print - and Damien wore Army boots, hand print, drop of blood, strand of DNA, etc).

But let's put the true fact foward. Very little hair evidence has been tested. When it is, indeed, tested (I'm welcoming the hearing, by the way... will open lots of doors. Wonder if Domini will fly in to provide a control sample for that red hair that was found on the bank.) the WM3 and their supporters might find that they've bitten off more than they can chew.
Well, let us just rejoice in our common ground that we're glad hearings have been ordered. And, the red hair was from Jacoby. And Domini has already offered to give any samples the defense wants so long as it minimizes her involvement in the case.

Egads, those same techniques could be used to test the bloody shirt and the Damien pendant... but those somehow got left off of defense's list for testing.
Oh my, myths are abounding here. I don't have the time to do it unless you're seriously going to push the issue, but the facts: Brent Davis and the defense agreed on the items to be tested. If there was a smoking gun (pendant, shirt, etc) they'd have been tested in 2007.

Since then, McDaniel decided to test additional items. He announced it in October of 2010. But the results... well, he hasn't announced them yet, but I think it's fair to suppose he'd have held him a little press conference if there was a link to the WM3.

Yes, I've got to give you supporters credit. You've assisted in the destruction of JMB's life... some thing that Pam committed suicide because of all the suspicion. And now you won't let up until you've tormented Terry to his grave. Very commendable of you...torturing the family members of dead children.
Okay - I'm about done now. No point in arguing with someone who thinks Pam committed suicide. Pam is alive and well and LIKE ALL THE OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS EXCEPT THE MOORES she is a WM3 supporter. Come over to the Blackboard and chat with her sister, who posts regularly.

And, yes, I accuse Terry Hobbs. His life has been "tormented"?! SAY AGAIN?! Three men have been in prison for 18 years for his crime. Three kids have been deprived justice because of his crime. I'll lose my temper if I continue here. Come to the blackboard and read up. Educate yourself.

Oh, and I don't think JMB would agree that his life has been destroyed. He's dedicated to justice for his murdered son and the prosecution of the killer -- if you're unclear about that, come over to the WM3 supporter blackboard .... HE CO-RUNS IT.

Shifting gears though...
You've left fact, now. Because there's no criminal case against Terry Hobbs in re the murders of Steve, Mike, and Chris. He's just the next convenient target, after your previous target jumped on the Depp Vedder Chick Bandwagon. And from what he himself has said, he has been rewarded nicely, this paragon of virtue.

Terry Terry Terry. If one family member won't fit when you try to throw him under the bus, you just move on to the next.
That's true - no crim case against Terry. No murder case again OJ for killing Nicole, either. In neither case does that mean that there isn't a mountain of evidence.

And you're "oh he's next after JMB" is a cheap shot way to avoid discussing the evidence against Hobbs, btw.

Circumstantial evidence to what? That Terri didn't get along with Pam and her family and he was especially angry that night because Pam's sister barged in and planted drugs in his bedroom? By the way it's still up in the air as to whether he shot Pam's brother-in-law in self defense. And he only did small jail time for the charge of aggravated asault. A lot of families go through utter turmoil after the loss of a child in such a henious way. So I'd guess that we could mark up the divorce of Terry and Pam and he turmoil in their house, the death of JMB's wife, and other travesties to the boys in the steel hood.
Not going to list it here, it'd just be a snag and drag. Keep reading, my friend.

That's your opinion. And, by the way, Terri freely gave bio samples back a the time of the investigation. I'd laugh my *advertiser censored* off if the cig that is being used for the control sample actually belongs to someone other than Terry.
Bwhahahaha. I have personally seen the video dep of Hobbs refusing to give any biological samples. Hello.... McFly!?!

Do you really believe that if there was nothing to be worried about, TH would give a sample? Come on.... you're brighter than that. He could shut them up in a heartbeat, but "doesn't want to give samples."

He'll give them up eventually ..... probably under a warrant issued by the State ... but he'll give them.

http://www.wm3blackboard.com

There were many hairs at the scene. Very few of those hairs have been tested. That is a fact.

Misstatement... I meant JMB's wife. SHE committed suicide. Funny how the WM3 supporters used that as even more evidence that it was JMB who committed the crime, that his wife knew, and that she just couldn't live any longer. THAT is what's hilarious.

But of the parents currently alive, only Pam (who had a rough divorce from the very man she now claims was involved in the crime) and JMB (who's thankful that the supporters aren't targeting him any longer) support the WM3.

The parents of Mike Moore do NOT support the WM3 and are confident that the right people are in prison. How long til you guys turn on them and try to find a way to implicate them for the murders?

And, hellooooo, Terry gave samples when they were requested, 17 years ago to the prosecution. He didn't hesitate to do so.

But possibly something about helping the murderers of his stepchild get out of prison is why he's hesitant now. I don't blame him. He believes the right people are in prison--as do the Moores.

It is not a proven fact that Melissa Byers committed suicide. Her death has been ruled as undetermined. To this day, no other determination has been made. To imply that she committed suicide is untrue.

If TH has no connection to the crime, how does it free the WM3 if he gives further samples? I would think that he would want to exonerate himself, but I'm willing to wait. I am confident that Judge Laser will request samples from TH, and he will be unable to refuse a Court Order.

Damien (and Riordan) say test everything. It is the State who is wanting to halt the testing. Burnett disallowed the further fiber testing requested by Jason, and the State is now asking that no further testing be done. If the WM3 are guilty, further testing should help prove that. The only logical reason for the State to want to halt testing is that they fear that further testing (like the secret testing they did but from which they did not reveal the results) will only further exonerate the WM3.

It is not a proven fact that Melissa Byers committed suicide. Her death has been ruled as undetermined. To this day, no other determination has been made. To imply that she committed suicide is untrue.

If TH has no connection to the crime, how does it free the WM3 if he gives further samples? I would think that he would want to exonerate himself, but I'm willing to wait. I am confident that Judge Laser will request samples from TH, and he will be unable to refuse a Court Order.

Damien (and Riordan) say test everything. It is the State who is wanting to halt the testing. Burnett disallowed the further fiber testing requested by Jason, and the State is now asking that no further testing be done. If the WM3 are guilty, further testing should help prove that. The only logical reason for the State to want to halt testing is that they fear that further testing (like the secret testing they did but from which they did not reveal the results) will only further exonerate the WM3.

I remember when she died that all of the Damien supporters said that JMB killed her. LOL.

And if I were you, I wouldn't hold your breath that TH will receive a warrant for his hair. Judges usually don't allow the defense to harass the family of the deceased, especially when there's nothing to indicate that he had anything to do with the deceased's death.

I remember when she died that all of the Damien supporters said that JMB killed her. LOL.

I know plenty of supporters who never believed that JMB had anything to do with the murders. So, your use of the word "all" is simply not true. I'm sorry, but I don't see anything to laugh about concerning Melissa's death.

And if I were you, I wouldn't hold your breath that TH will receive a warrant for his hair. Judges usually don't allow the defense to harass the family of the deceased, especially when there's nothing to indicate that he had anything to do with the deceased's death.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one - and wait until December to see just who (and what) is called to testify.

Compassionate reader - dna does NOT point to TH. His (possibly his) hair is easily explained by secondary transfer.

If the DNA pointed to TH he would have been arrested.

Supporters always argue "there was no dna matched to the wm3 at the scene so it wasn't them". So where is the "real" killers dna then?

The bank was cleaned with water from the creek. It's not rocket science to clean up a crime scene that close to the water.

It's ludicrous to claim that "dna points to TH as the killer". It's simply not true.

It's not quite so easy to prove secondary transfer since the Hobbs hair was not in his step son's ligature but that of Michael Moore. Also, secondary transfer cannot explain the Jacoby hair. That is not so easy to explain since Jacoby stated that he did not cross the pipe bridge or go to the discovery ditch when he was involved with the search. He does state, however, that Terry Hobbs came to his house at about 5:15 or 5:30 on May 5th and stayed about an hour playing guitars.

So, it is possible that Terry Hobbs picked up one of Jacoby's hairs on his clothing at that time and deposited it on the tree stump by the discovery ditch. However, Hobbs states that he did not go to the discovery site until much later, after the bodies were discovered. Since the little boys had no direct contact with Jacoby on May 5th, either Hobbs or Jacoby is lying about being at the discovery ditch prior to the bodies being found. I vote for Hobbs.

Let's think this through. The shoelaces used to bind the boys were from their own tennis shoes. We don't know if each boy was bound with his own laces or with laces from another boy's shoes. We do know that Michael was bound with a longer lace that was cut into two pieces because only one end of each ligature had an aglet on the end. Together, the two pieces that were used to bind Michael totaled approximately 60 inches. This is too long for a child's lace. It is one part of this lace, probably a foreign lace, that contained the Hobbs hair.

Hobbs says that he did not see Stevie at all on May 5th. That means, if Michael was bound with one of Stevie's laces, the magic hair would have had to have survived being in that lace as it was retied multiple times during the day (these are active eight year old boys) and then being pulled through the eyelets to remove it to use to tie Michael. Not very likely, IMO.

Consider this scenario. The killer is tying the bodies of the little boys for transport from the murder scene to the discovery ditch. He is moving the bodies in case he has left any evidence at the murder scene. He hog ties the bodies for transport (like he learned when working in his father's slaughterhouse as a child), but one lace breaks. He doesn't want to use the other lace from the same pair of shoes because he's afraid that it will be weak also. (Remember, one of the little boy's shoes still had a lace in it.) He takes another lace (either from his own shoe or from something in one of the backpacks) and tries to cut it with his teeth, depositing a beard hair in it. Remember, the hair found in Michael's ligature was a red beard hair. When this is unsuccessful, he uses a knife to cut the lace.

As to the bank being "cleaned with water," if Jessie's story is to be believed, this didn't happen. Besides, it was dark, and in the woods, it would have been impossible to see whether or not the bank was thoroughly cleaned. Luminol testing failed to reveal a "bleed out" on the bank that would have surely occurred if Chris had been injured as described by Jessie. The only blood Luminol testing revealed, IIRC, was in the areas where the police placed the bodies when they took them from the ditch.

If the struggle Jessie described had taken place, there would have been some footprints left. It is highly unlikely that they could have eradicated all of the footprints in the dark. In fact, two footprints were found, exiting the discovery ditch. Those prints were tennis shoe prints (the teens wore boots) and are consistent with a man's size 9 1/2 or 10 shoe. Terry Hobbs wears size 9 1/2.

Terry Hobbs was known to be violent with his first wife and child. Mildred French's deposition is evidence of this statement. When the gun Terry was holding went off and injured Pam's brother (inflicting wounds that later caused his death), he (Pam's brother) was trying to protect his sister from Terry's abuse. Some of Stevie's aunts have testified to the fact that Terry was violent with Stevie. Terry told Pam, shortly after the murders, to just "get over it" about Stevie's death, indicating that he (Terry) resented Stevie's intrusion in his life. Both Pam and David Jacoby contradict Terry's statements about his movements on May 5th. These things establish means, motive and opportunity for Terry Hobbs to kill the little boys.

There is more than DNA that establishes Terry Hobbs as the most likely murderer of the three little boys. There is the physical evidence (DNA) from both Terry Hobbs and his friend, David Jacoby, that are strong indications that one or both of these men were at the discovery ditch some time before the bodies were found. There are also the footprints, the size of which match Terry Hobbs' shoe size. Also, there are statements from other people (Mildred French) and family members (Pam's sisters) and Terry Hobbs' own actions (quitting his job, moving away from Pam shortly after the murders) that establish a stronger circumstantial case against Terry Hobbs than the one against the WM3.

I am confident that the December hearing will provide much more proof of the identity of the real killer in this case. I just hope that the West Memphis Police Department has the cojones to arrest the real killer and bring him to justice. Three innocent young men are spending their youth in prison for crimes which they did not commit. It's time that justice was done for them and for those three little boys who were brutally murdered May 5, 1993.

Compassionate reader - dna does NOT point to TH. His (possibly his) hair is easily explained by secondary transfer.

If the DNA pointed to TH he would have been arrested.

Supporters always argue "there was no dna matched to the wm3 at the scene so it wasn't them". So where is the "real" killers dna then?

The bank was cleaned with water from the creek. It's not rocket science to clean up a crime scene that close to the water.

It's ludicrous to claim that "dna points to TH as the killer". It's simply not true.

Also IF TH was the killer, he would have be arrested YEARS ago. TH has never been a suspect nor is he a suspect now.

Plus, I read the hair is not a conclusive match to TH. It is most likely secondary transfer and nothing more.

The right three are in prison and hopefully after these hearings are over and done with Damien will be walking to a gurney. This has dragged on for 18 years. it's time for this to be over with once and for all.

It's not quite so easy to prove secondary transfer since the Hobbs hair was not in his step son's ligature but that of Michael Moore. Also, secondary transfer cannot explain the Jacoby hair. That is not so easy to explain since Jacoby stated that he did not cross the pipe bridge or go to the discovery ditch when he was involved with the search. He does state, however, that Terry Hobbs came to his house at about 5:15 or 5:30 on May 5th and stayed about an hour playing guitars.

So, it is possible that Terry Hobbs picked up one of Jacoby's hairs on his clothing at that time and deposited it on the tree stump by the discovery ditch. However, Hobbs states that he did not go to the discovery site until much later, after the bodies were discovered. Since the little boys had no direct contact with Jacoby on May 5th, either Hobbs or Jacoby is lying about being at the discovery ditch prior to the bodies being found. I vote for Hobbs.

Let's think this through. The shoelaces used to bind the boys were from their own tennis shoes. We don't know if each boy was bound with his own laces or with laces from another boy's shoes. We do know that Michael was bound with a longer lace that was cut into two pieces because only one end of each ligature had an aglet on the end. Together, the two pieces that were used to bind Michael totaled approximately 60 inches. This is too long for a child's lace. It is one part of this lace, probably a foreign lace, that contained the Hobbs hair.

Hobbs says that he did not see Stevie at all on May 5th. That means, if Michael was bound with one of Stevie's laces, the magic hair would have had to have survived being in that lace as it was retied multiple times during the day (these are active eight year old boys) and then being pulled through the eyelets to remove it to use to tie Michael. Not very likely, IMO.

Consider this scenario. The killer is tying the bodies of the little boys for transport from the murder scene to the discovery ditch. He is moving the bodies in case he has left any evidence at the murder scene. He hog ties the bodies for transport (like he learned when working in his father's slaughterhouse as a child), but one lace breaks. He doesn't want to use the other lace from the same pair of shoes because he's afraid that it will be weak also. (Remember, one of the little boy's shoes still had a lace in it.) He takes another lace (either from his own shoe or from something in one of the backpacks) and tries to cut it with his teeth, depositing a beard hair in it. Remember, the hair found in Michael's ligature was a red beard hair. When this is unsuccessful, he uses a knife to cut the lace.

As to the bank being "cleaned with water," if Jessie's story is to be believed, this didn't happen. Besides, it was dark, and in the woods, it would have been impossible to see whether or not the bank was thoroughly cleaned. Luminol testing failed to reveal a "bleed out" on the bank that would have surely occurred if Chris had been injured as described by Jessie. The only blood Luminol testing revealed, IIRC, was in the areas where the police placed the bodies when they took them from the ditch.

If the struggle Jessie described had taken place, there would have been some footprints left. It is highly unlikely that they could have eradicated all of the footprints in the dark. In fact, two footprints were found, exiting the discovery ditch. Those prints were tennis shoe prints (the teens wore boots) and are consistent with a man's size 9 1/2 or 10 shoe. Terry Hobbs wears size 9 1/2.

Terry Hobbs was known to be violent with his first wife and child. Mildred French's deposition is evidence of this statement. When the gun Terry was holding went off and injured Pam's brother (inflicting wounds that later caused his death), he (Pam's brother) was trying to protect his sister from Terry's abuse. Some of Stevie's aunts have testified to the fact that Terry was violent with Stevie. Terry told Pam, shortly after the murders, to just "get over it" about Stevie's death, indicating that he (Terry) resented Stevie's intrusion in his life. Both Pam and David Jacoby contradict Terry's statements about his movements on May 5th. These things establish means, motive and opportunity for Terry Hobbs to kill the little boys.

There is more than DNA that establishes Terry Hobbs as the most likely murderer of the three little boys. There is the physical evidence (DNA) from both Terry Hobbs and his friend, David Jacoby, that are strong indications that one or both of these men were at the discovery ditch some time before the bodies were found. There are also the footprints, the size of which match Terry Hobbs' shoe size. Also, there are statements from other people (Mildred French) and family members (Pam's sisters) and Terry Hobbs' own actions (quitting his job, moving away from Pam shortly after the murders) that establish a stronger circumstantial case against Terry Hobbs than the one against the WM3.

I am confident that the December hearing will provide much more proof of the identity of the real killer in this case. I just hope that the West Memphis Police Department has the cojones to arrest the real killer and bring him to justice. Three innocent young men are spending their youth in prison for crimes which they did not commit. It's time that justice was done for them and for those three little boys who were brutally murdered May 5, 1993.

You simply don't understand the facts. You have interpreted them in your own, conspiracy theory laden way.

You turn a blind eye to all of the heavy weighted facts and place all your eggs in this ludicrous TH done it basket.

If there was evidence that pointed to TH, as you incorrectly claim, they would have arrested him.

Also IF TH was the killer, he would have be arrested YEARS ago. TH has never been a suspect nor is he a suspect now.

Plus, I read the hair is not a conclusive match to TH. It is most likely secondary transfer and nothing more.

The right three are in prison and hopefully after these hearings are over and done with Damien will be walking to a gurney. This has dragged on for 18 years. it's time for this to be over with once and for all.

Yup - the needle awaits. I look forward to that day.

Yup - the needle awaits. I look forward to that day.

Do you know how many more appeals Damien has until they give him his execution date?

18 years is a LONG time to be on DR.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back