Solar Eclipse Across America, August 21, 2017

:tyou: for the live updates! I'm watching CNN because there's not much going on here in north-suburban Detroit. Peak is at 2:27, so there's a little more than an hour until there might be some visible difference in sunlight.

According to this link, we should have reached maximum. I expected more dusk at 93%. It does feel cooler though. But it's amazing how much light a little sliver gives off. Birds are still active. It's heading the other way now.

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/@7172954

Google having fun today:

great-american-eclipse-2017-5750068496826368.3-law.gif

What a day for Baby Boy to start his 1st day of college! Now I have made myself cry so thank goodness we have a bit to go here.

What a day for Baby Boy to start his 1st day of college! Now I have made myself cry so thank goodness we have a bit to go here.

Congratulations on a successful launch! And hugs too. Nothing "eclipses" a mother's love. :heartbeat:

Well, I'm half way around the world - so watching CNN! :giggle:

That was literally the coolest thing I have ever seen. Ever. It got all quiet and dark and cool. Seriously coolest. Thing. Ever.

One of the places our local news is broadcasting from is Exploration Place and there is someone there with a mirror who is projecting the sun onto a large wall. It was really pretty neat! Also, one of the people in the crowd says his thermometer shows a 15* temp drop (he is in direct sun).

Any reporting outside of the mega NASA telescopes zoomed in to ultimate magnification?

Seriously, I'd rather view it from someone's iPhone and get the full feel of the surroundings.

Hi all!!!

Checking in from SC. We are a little over 1/8 darkness now. Unfortunately I just couldn't get good pics with my phone. Hope everyone is having fun :)

Getting warmer now and birds are going again.

[video=youtube;RtU_mdL2vBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtU_mdL2vBM[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back