Some interesting information regarding Eggs

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by believe09, May 12, 2010.

1. believe09

believe09 Active Member

2. Loading...

3. Mr. E

Mr. E New Member

This is interesting. I always spend the extra to get "vegetarian fed" or organic eggs. I thought getting "hormone free" eggs was a good thing, but according to this article it means nothing.

4. PorcineGranny

PorcineGranny crabby old lady!

I raise my own eggs and the ability to watch the daily habits and interactions of your chickens is priceless. They truly are social birds. I have one Americana and she lays blue eggs. This is a great hobby for young children you want to teach responsibility. Just take a look at the different varieties of chickens, it will blow your mind. And you can raise any of them.

5. Jenni979

Jenni979 New Member

We had chickens growing up, and I would love to have them again... My HOA, however, would greatly frown on the idea...

They did say, at the last meeting, that if the economy keeps tanking that they will rethink that clause and start allowing us to keep poultry...

6. believe09

believe09 Active Member

I would LOVE to do this. Really love it, but I am thinking my landlord might have a hard time with it.....

7. Mr. E

Mr. E New Member

I'd really love to raise my own chickens for eggs. I thoroughly enjoyed being in charge of collecting eggs and caring for chickens when I visited my grandparents when I was a child.

I think my block association would frown on chickens, though. ;)

8. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

I wish we could have chickens. We have an acre+ but no livestock is allowed in our neighborhood!

9. butwhatif?

butwhatif? New Member

LOL- me too, can't see it happening in my apartment though. But when we visit my mom in the country my girls love going to the neighbours house (supervised) to get fresh eggs from the chooks.