Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell dead at 52 (wrongful death charges against Dr. Robert Koblin) 2017

Did any of you guys listen to an interview he did with Howard Stern in which he told Howard that he doesn't really speak to any members of his own family? He didn't seem to give a real reason, but he mentions that his mother in law is his mother now. This was an older interview....I'll try to find the link again.

edit: I could not find the original video, but here is the audio-only part. He starts talking about his wife around 2:20.

https://youtu.be/RVTrlauv65A

Did any of you guys listen to an interview he did with Howard Stern in which he told Howard that he doesn't really speak to any members of his own family? He didn't seem to give a real reason, but he mentions that his mother in law is his mother now. This was an older interview....I'll try to find the link again.

edit: I could not find the original video, but here is the audio-only part. He starts talking about his wife around 2:20.

https://youtu.be/RVTrlauv65A

He continues here talking about his divorce and remarriage:

https://youtu.be/ldtS75fnmbc

He still was close to his older brother Peter, who flew to Detroit to bring his body back home.

I was wondering if he was...influenced or encouraged to be estranged from his parents by his in-laws? What do you think?

This family stuff in CC's life all sounds very convoluted and whatever their family stuff was/is i think they need to sort it out amicably because if nothing else there are Chris' young children involved too, and i don't think that after the death of their dad they should be caught up in the crossfire. I don't think it's up to the public to make any judgement calls on someone we weren't personally involved with. All IMO.

Still no word from others, just wife telling about her Chris and how she's staying strong.

Chris Cornell’s Widow Vicky Opens Up About His Addiction Battle and Final Night: ‘He Didn't Want to Die’
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/chr...tle-final-night-didnt-want-die-140136312.html

"After her rock-star husband’s tragic death, Vicky Cornell opens up about losing the love of her life, his battle with addiction and how she’s staying strong for their kids. Subscribe now for the exclusive story – only in PEOPLE."

“My Chris was happy, loving, caring and warm,” says Vicky. “This was not a depressed man — it wasn’t like I missed that. What I missed were the signs of addiction.”

With the children in mind I guess it's best to go with the Ativan story. Expect a long PR campaign as $he tells us the $ad details of her Ativan drug-addicted husband and her battle now to bring awarene$$. Seem like no one else gets to talk about her Chris and we may never know certain info.

MOO JMO IMHO

Please know that I feel sorry for the whole family dealing with such a tragic loss. It's just that it might've been a quiet, dark depression too, not just Ativan.

I hope I'm not coming across as though I'm dismissing the fact that people do become addicted to benzos and that they can have strange effects on one's thinking. Actually, I was shocked at how my doctors and insurances had no problem giving me too many benzos to sleep or stay calm. It'd be easy to rely on them if I had the added pressure to get up on a stage. It seemed like something was bothering him for awhile and it was noticeable.

Chris didn't die from the drugs though, so a sincere conversation about hidden depression and suicide prevention is equally important, IMO.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-talk (8255)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_benzodiazepines

With the children in mind I guess it's best to go with the Ativan story. Expect a long PR campaign as $he tells us the $ad details of her Ativan drug-addicted husband and her battle now to bring awarene$$. Seem like no one else gets to talk about her Chris and we may never know certain info.

MOO JMO IMHO

I don't know if his wife really knows exactly what to think after her husband's very sudden death? Like most people who have had a loved one die very suddenly there are questions, and sometimes no answers.
With the very sudden death of CC it would of been a huge shock. And unless you were there with him (not you personally btw), what would you think caused his sudden death? How can anyone get into another person's head, we can't. Who was the very last person with CC? Maybe they know more than they are telling?
I always think when someone famous/celeb. dies sometimes all is not as it seems, IMO.
VC is now a widow with hers and Chris' daughters to raise alone, so she will definitely need $$'s to ensure hers and her children's futures. Nothing wrong with that.
Is she preventing others from talking about CC? I wasn't aware of that and because of his fame i don't see that she can prevent others publicly discussing him?
I think she needs to stay out of media and do her grieving privately, because as a widow she will need to do that now, along with being there for her children. There is too much nonsense publicly and why invite that? I did read somewhere recently that CC & VC were involved in some child advocate organization but can't remember what it was exactly? They both loved kids, and i think CC sure loved his children who have to go through their life now without their dad. It's very sad.

MOO JMO IMHO

Professional widowhood alert. Good call.

It is very sad that she is now trying to paint the picture of him just being another rock star junkie that took his own life due to drugs. She just can't for a second fathom that maybe he was unhappy with her. She is willing to tarnish his image to save hers. Such a shame. She is such a narcissist.

It appears that the wife knows nothing about depression or drug addiction."Chris didn't seem depressed".:"I saved him from addiction" Wow is all I have to say

I have read so much derogatory s**t about VC to the point of some people out there accusing her of murder for hire of the bodyguard to kill her husband and so much other stuff it is just mind blowing. Well those people that are putting that out there need to put their money where there mouth is and prove their allegations or stfu IMO.
And as far as her being a gold digger she certainly wouldn't be the first woman to do that, so what? CC must of been ok. with it, and perhaps reading about his previous marriage he liked dominant women, because i believe his ex wife also was his manager.
CC also wouldn't be the first musician to do drugs either, from what i know it goes with the territory from others in the industry as well. And hard drugs also alter the neural pathways in the brain, and depression can also be contributed to that as well. It's like when people are drunk or have taken drugs it's a feel good get high and buzzed and great while that feeling lasts, but it does also cause depression and other mental illnesses/problems.

Well according to the tox screen, the amount of Ativan that was found in his system was less than what a therapeutic dose would be. He had a prescription for it, and she knew he had it. No other drugs of abuse in his system so if she is claiming addiction, what was he using?? Also, if they did everything together and were so close and happy like she claims, why would he want to use? Because he was depressed that's why? I'm sorry but a lot of these things that have been put out there about her are facts. And her trying to spin this addiction narrative for her financial gain is unbelievable.

I'm not sure it's fair to Chris for her to call him drug addicted now to clear her conscious or define it her way because she refuses to accept that he may have been depressed. After all, he took prescribed medication as many depressed people do. It's not like he died shooting up a bunch of drugs. He didn't die from the drugs, he hung himself. I know it's hard for her to accept that depression had something to do with it. It says in the video that the children are doing so well being strong. I hope VC and the children get some therapy to deal with it though.

:moo: IMO, she needs to do us all a favor and stop the public announcements and grieve in private for awhile. Let some of his other family or band members share their thoughts.

Chris Cornell’s Widow Vicky Opens Up About His Addiction Battle and Final Night: ‘He Didn't Want to Die’
http://people.com/music/chris-cornell-widow-speaks-he-didnt-want-to-die/
(Video too)

More exclusive BS and details on newsstands today!

Ativan is actually very addictive.
Other dangers include:
Ativan Addiction

Ativan addiction can cause depression.

Depression
People who abuse Ativan commonly become extremely depressed, especially if they abuse the drug for a long time. This can lead to suicidal thoughts and the need for inpatient treatment.
Strange behavior
It is likely for the individual to exhibit strange behavior as a result of abusing the drug. According to the FDA, “Paradoxical reactions, including anxiety, excitation, agitation, hostility, aggression, rage, sleep disturbances/insomnia, sexual arousal, and hallucinations may occur.”
https://www.addictions.com/ativan-addiction/

He didn't have abuse levels of the drug in his body though..

Nope. The Widow Cornell is attempting to say he took more medication than he should have, causing his judgement to be impaired, leading him to make a terrible choice - therefore, an "accident".

It is exceptionally painful to have to face that someone you love left you intentionally, but it's not going to help a bit to deny reality.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back