GUILTY South Africa - Susan Rohde, 47, murdered, Stellenbosch, 24 July 2016 - #2

Discussion in 'Trials' started by PrimeSuspect, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

A report from the day before judgement was delivered. I wonder if he thought he had months before judgement day would arrive:

"Judge Gayaat Salie-Hlophe thanked the parties for their closing arguments and said she would deliver judgment at 10:00 on Thursday.

"When she left the courtroom, Rohde lost his composure and sat with his head in his hands, appearing to recover from the news that judgment would be delivered so soon."

Jason Rohde would have had to be like Hannibal Lecter, if the State's version is true - defence

PrimeSuspect and tmar like this.
  2. Tortoise

In fact thinking about it, if Spuy had gone the two days he originally estimated the judgement may very well have had to be put in the calendar. Spuy possibly lost him a few more weeks out on bail. :D

PrimeSuspect, Hag and tmar like this.
  3. Nunehi

Nunehi New Member

THAT my dear I think was the proverbial nail in his coffin MOO

PrimeSuspect, Hag and Tortoise like this.
  4. Tortoise

You're right, and I had never even heard a word about the pillows during the trial. I knew there were stains on them but I never knew about who slept on which side and how they were positioned etc.

PrimeSuspect, Nunehi and Hag like this.
  5. Hag

Hag Member

I was thinking strangulation until Judge started concentrating on pillows and markings of mascara and where pillows were. It seems her facial imprint was on pillow, basically. Am I right? This Judge was brilliant. The recent trials I have followed have had very astute people in charge.

6. Tortoise

Yes that's what she said. I'm waiting to see if a pdf document of her judgement is going to be released so we can read it. If not I will transcribe it from the video. It was so darn good.

7. Dora in the field

Dora in the field Active Member

The full Judgment is now available online. Can't wait to read it!

SAFLII‏ @saflii
    On Thursday, Judge Salie-Hlophe found Jason Rohde guilty of the murder of his wife, Susan, as well as obstruction of justice. The full judgment is now available on SAFLII: https://bit.ly/2T6setx #JasonRohde

PrimeSuspect and Tortoise like this.
  8. Tortoise

Thanks so much Dora. Can't wait to read it.

9. Tortoise

My goodness, I am only as far as Dr Khan's testimony and I can't believe the list of omissions he noted with regard to Dr Perumal's report. It's shocking.