South Dakota - Coronavirus COVID-19

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Governor Kristi Noem on Twitter
From day one, I’ve said we’re going to let the science, facts, and data drive our decisions in South Dakota. Throughout last week, I communicated with White House officials to let them know that SD’s medical community was ready to step up and lead the way on research efforts.
12:25 PM - 13 Apr 2020

I made direct requests to @POTUS and @VP Pence to supply us with enough hydroxychloroquine so that it could be made available for every hospitalized person in the state, as well as for those healthcare workers on the frontlines and those in the most vulnerable populations.

We’ve received the initial doses we need. Thanks to the leadership, of @SanfordHealth with assistance from @AveraHealth & @_monumenthealth, we’re now the first state to do a full clinical trial to test whether hydroxychloroquine can treat and perhaps prevent #COVID19

Sturgis Motorcyle Rally caused at least 86 COVID-19 cases in neighboring Minnesota, CDC says
‘The motorcycle rally was held in a neighboring state that did not have policies regarding event size and mask use, underscoring the implications of policies within and across jurisdictions,’ CDC says

New CDC Report /
COVID-19 Outbreak Associated with a 10-Day Motorcycle Rally in a Neighboring State — Minnesota, August–September 2020
Weekly / November 27, 2020 / 69(47);1771-1776

COVID-19 Outbreak Associated with a 10-Day Motorcycle Rally ...

“What is added by this report?

Following a 10-day motorcycle rally in South Dakota attended by approximately 460,000 persons, 51 confirmed primary event-associated cases, 21 secondary cases, and five tertiary cases were identified in Minnesota residents. An additional nine likely rally-associated secondary or tertiary cases occurred. Four patients were hospitalized, and one died. Genomic sequencing supported the associations with the motorcycle rally.“

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back