South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey...welcome! :blowkiss:

And there IS an ignore button...but after 2 years here...I don't know where it is, though. I have high tolerance and am very nosy. ;) I'm sure someone with pop in and answer your question, soon. :)

It is best to ignore...rather than getting pulled into an argument, imo...I'm a peace loving Christian hippie...lol...I never fight. ;)

I found it. It was under User CP and Edit Ignore.

I threw you a thank you for trying. :dance:

Should also apologize that my post came off as slightly rude to the unidentified poster but on top of disagree with her, it seems like she claims to be an expert in the field. Just saw the list of the experts at the top of the page and she isn't on it so... that's part of the reason.

Thanks again!

Yes...it's a good thing you didn't identify :)...we are an inclusive board that has many different viewpoints...we may not agree, but we try to do so with respect.
And thanks for the thanks!

I love them too. Alot. Ain't seen em lately tho save for an appearance on some talk show promoting a movie...I think they're not doing the show anymore. :(

I drove sedan taxi and limousine for awhile so dealt with alot of Canadians this place is LOUSY with Canadians from about October till April which made me know that example was gonna accomplish, with you at least, the total OPPOSITE of what I had hoped to illustrate cuz 9.4 out of every 10 Canadians I ever dealt with they were TOTALLY like the Trailer Park Boys with either a Rum and Coke constantly in their hand, completely confused and wearing coke bottle glasses or with no shirt on and no hint that they even OWNED a shirt....

or all of the above...at once. :(

Got to where I could spot them on the street, I'd stop and chat with them cuz I like Canadians and they'd invariably share their Rum and Coke with me. :) The only ones that wasn't exactly like the Trailer Park Boys that I ever met at least was Senior Citizens who I didn't meet many cuz they was vacationing here and wouldn't leave their condos cuz they was afraid of getting hurt and having to pay for an American hospital.....

which, I don't know, something like if they could wait to get hurt till they got back to Canada they'd get repaired for free.....made no sense to me, might to you.

Sometimes, being Politically Correct isn't such a bad thing. Particularly when there are those around us (not naming any names :rolleyes:) that have much Canadian genes about them that they are proud of. Goes for the Irish, too. Just sharing my humble opinion...

BTW, your writing is so very familiar. Not sure why, but it is....

imvho

Not sure where to post this and I apologize if it has already been posted.

Mom Says Phoebe Prince Case Saved Daughter's Life

Thought it was a nice story. Not that another girl is being bullied but that her parents were able to see the warning signs thanks to Phoebe Prince. It's also amazing that the girls parents don't care about losing their house and being broke if that's what it takes to protect their daughter. Definitely not fair but it makes me happy that there are parents out there like that.

Thought it was a nice story. Not that another girl is being bullied but that her parents were able to see the warning signs thanks to Phoebe Prince. It's also amazing that the girls parents don't care about losing their house and being broke if that's what it takes to protect their daughter. Definitely not fair but it makes me happy that there are parents out there like that.
You post it JUST like you did! :) Thanks! Links can also be posted on our media links thread...I've already posted this one, there...personally, I usually post links here and the media thread for those who want to just pop in and avoid the chatter to get news...

Phoebe Prince and the people who mercilessly picked on her were not children. They were teenagers, young adults fully aware of the impact their actions had. They knew it wasn’t O.K. to call her an Irish *advertiser censored*. They knew that throwing cans at her as she walked home would be frowned upon. Most importantly, they knew after Phoebe went home on Jan. 14 and committed suicide, it had something to do with their immature, callous bullying.
Recently, six teenagers and three juvenile students were charged in connection with her death. As widely reported, teachers and peers saw Phoebe being harassed and did nothing to help, these bystanders essentially sentenced Phoebe to a grim end simply by turning a blind eye.

"As a penance for the Phoebe Princes, Kitty Genoveses and anyone else who has ever died because someone else didn’t think it was their place to speak up, we need to make the transition from useless bystanders to empathetic citizens. Because if someone had spoken up for Phoebe, if someone had called the police when they heard Kitty scream, they would both still be alive.
Great piece but there's an error in the "9"...I believe we have determined the 3 juveniles are included in the 6...

http://www.eldononline.org/views/standing-up-for-everyone-1.1375978

I'm reading about a university policy with envy...too bad kids seem to have to be over 18 to get harassment taken seriously...
Point Park University has many resources for students feeling harassed or having trouble adjusting to college life, both of which are issues that university workers take very seriously.

As the director of judicial affairs, Amy Cooper pointed out in an e-mail interview that Point Park addresses student harassment in the student handbook on page 118. It is defined in Section B as anything that “threatens, intimidates, coerces or uses physical force in a manner that causes a person to be fearful of physical harm or endangers the health or safety of a person.”

Cooper advises students to contact the Department of Public Safety in the event of harassment.

“Public Safety is always present on campus and gets the students the immediate resources or help that they may need, as well as take photographs, get witness statements and write a report,” Cooper said. “The director of Public Safety will work with the student and guide them through the process of getting outside police involved. This is a decision that the alleged victim would need to make.”

The procedure, as Cooper outlined, begins with the initial statement given by the alleged victim and then a gathering of any additional evidence including text messages, e-mails and even Facebook messages or posts.

In some cases, a no contact order is given to both parties, prohibiting them from all contact, “[including] by electronic means or through other people.” If the parties do not honor this order, they could be charged with a separate offense.

“Depending on the severity of the situation,” Cooper said, “the consequences could range from a warning to suspension [or] expulsion from the university.”
If only Phoebe had that kind of help...

http://www.pointparkglobe.com/featu...t-policies-within-education-systems-1.1376031

OMG I ain't even watching that thing...

cuz I am scared to death they are trying to make that book report on Cutting a cry for help.....

please tell me they are not doing that....

my audio is down anyway, backup pooter....would be largely pointless to watch it anyway but I swear if they are implying that that book report was a distress call I am totally PISSED because they know nothing and....

oh god :(

Right ON... :)

I'll take another INFINITY worth of THOSE STORIES...

thass where we need to go!!!

cuz I am scared to death they are trying to make that book report on Cutting a cry for help.....

please tell me they are not doing that....

my audio is down anyway, backup pooter....would be largely pointless to watch it anyway but I swear if they are implying that that book report was a distress call I am totally PISSED because they know nothing and....

Thats exactly what they are trying to do. APES! Have seen it popping up all over the net and not referencing the fact that it is a book report, so infuriating.

cuz I am scared to death they are trying to make that book report on Cutting a cry for help.....[/B]please tell me they are not doing that....

I haven't watched it, yet, either...that's exactly what they're doing. It's just too maddening, they are twisting her words, imo, to sensationalize the story. As a result, the bullies and their supporters are hopping on that bandwagon to say, "SEE?"

It's deceptive...it's inaccurate...it's unfounded...it's shameful...and I'm pissed.

IMO

I haven't watched it, yet, either...that's exactly what they're doing. It's just too maddening, they are twisting her words, imo, to sensationalize the story. As a result, the bullies and their supporters are hopping on that bandwagon to say, "SEE?"

It's deceptive...it's inaccurate...it's unfounded...it's shameful...and I'm pissed.

IMO

Just get ready for more. We're going to get this all summer long.

In My Dream...

Darby O'Brien would come out tomorrow with a statement from the Family, lawyer approved, of course. He would explain it was a book report , not a diary, and even give the quote from WWLP to show how the media has been twisting facts...and twisted Phoebe's words. He would be indignant...he would remind all how he asked early on for the Bullies not be tried in the public but to let the Justice system do it's job. He would then say he didn't THINK he would have to ask for the same courtesy be provided to victim...but it has become painfully obvious he must. He would then ask media to respect Phoebe's privacy, as he has asked for the bullies. He would turn on his heels and leave...the media would hang their heads in shame...

Ohhh...if only...:banghead:

Thats exactly what they are trying to do. APES! Have seen it popping up all over the net and not referencing the fact that it is a book report, so infuriating.

No.

If you needed proof that the media has gone beyond the brink....

there it is.

this is just sad. :(

That was in OCTOBER friggin EARLY I THINK what the ninth?????

the 15th????

Who is this???? ABC??? They have just set an new all-time low.

I SORTA like this though (NOT ALOT THO) because this was ANOTHER thing mentioned that the lawyers were gonna push...this theory that this report was a cry for help.....so there goes the air outta THAT BALOON MAYBE????

All I can say, that would keep ABC here from being absolute baboons here is if the Autopsy showed evidence of cutting....

they have to have that right????

How else could they put this out like this??????!!???

what cusswords can I call ABC here and not get another timeout???

In My Dream...

Darby O'Brien would come out tomorrow with a statement from the Family, lawyer approved, of course.

Darby has passed out from shock. I guarantee if ABC don't got some autopsy results to back this Darby is gonna SPAZZ!!!!

You know what????

On second thought....what if "we" (Team Pheebz) just let this dangle out there and crash and burn on its own???

Might that not lend us POWER down the road in the sense that we ain't gonna "play" the defense's game...let them set the "rules"???? and other future dumbass speculation they churn up would, as result of our restraint and unwillingness to respond to the STOOPID....

kinda also be viewed with an eye of SKEPTICISM????

MAN we gonna get our money's worth out of lawyer TODAY PALADINE!!! :)

Page that lawyer NOW!!!

We may have to sedate Darby....

quick.

Sometimes, being Politically Correct isn't such a bad thing. Particularly when there are those around us (not naming any names :rolleyes:) that have much Canadian genes about them that they are proud of. Goes for the Irish, too. Just sharing my humble opinion...

BTW, your writing is so very familiar. Not sure why, but it is....

imvho

Any lack of political incorrectness in that post must be assigned to the Trailer Park Boys...

They corrupted me....

finished the job the Monty Python began...in my youth.

Seriously tho, I apologize for any offense....I was joking....I sincerely dig Canadians....so much so that I want to replace Mexico with CanadaSouth....have em on both sides.

and I was GLAD ya'll won that Hockey Gold. :)

Oh yeah...off topic.

Any lack of political incorrectness in that post must be assigned to the Trailer Park Boys...

They corrupted me....

finished the job the Monty Python began...in my youth.

Seriously tho, I apologize for any offense....I was joking....I sincerely dig Canadians....so much so that I want to replace Mexico with CanadaSouth....have em on both sides.

and I was GLAD ya'll won that Hockey Gold. :)

Oh yeah...off topic.
That is one of the FUNNIEST posts I have ever seen here!! Wow...lol...you amuse me...I like your mind...:)

Maybe I'm just twisted, too...but not that I'm saying you are...;)

bolded by me...

Darby has passed out from shock. I guarantee if ABC don't got some autopsy results to back this Darby is gonna SPAZZ!!!!

You know what????

On second thought....what if "we" (Team Pheebz) just let this dangle out there and crash and burn on its own???

Might that not lend us POWER down the road in the sense that we ain't gonna "play" the defense's game...let them set the "rules"???? and other future dumbass speculation they churn up would, as result of our restraint and unwillingness to respond to the STOOPID....

kinda also be viewed with an eye of SKEPTICISM????

MAN we gonna get our money's worth out of lawyer TODAY PALADINE!!! :)

Page that lawyer NOW!!!

We may have to sedate Darby....

quick.
Well, I don't want to bug our lawyer too much...lol...especially not twice in one day...lol...seems needy, ya know? ;) ...imo, we don't want to look like the NEEDY Phoebe Forum...:cool:

Others are free to contact whomever they wish, of course...

And yes, the less we talk about it, probably, the better, imo. We give it oxygen. But I do think it is important to bring truth to combat the spin. I try to do that by posting links to this forum around the net, as I know others do, as well...

Well, I don't want to bug our lawyer too much...lol...especially not twice in one day...lol...seems needy, ya know? ;) ...imo, we don't want to look like the NEEDY Phoebe Forum...:cool:

We don't?? Why not?? Blame it on me. I'm used to getting blamed for stuff usually deservedly so cuz I did it. :(

J/k of course....theres plenty of time to get the lawyer's input on whether "defense" wisdom lies in attacking Pheebz.

I wonder if this ISN'T from the defense?

This book report has been online forever...

And yes, the less we talk about it, probably, the better, imo. We give it oxygen. But I do think it is important to bring truth to combat the spin..

Totally agree on both points.

Feel even more confused than I usually do though.....for agreeing with both points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member