GUILTY South Korea - Kim Sa-rang, 3 mos, starved to death, Suwon, 24 Sept 2009

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Vegas Bride, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Vegas Bride

Vegas Bride New Member

2. Loading...

3. kbl8201

kbl8201 Former Member

you have got to be kidding.

web addiction is the defense?

4. Texas Mist

Texas Mist Retired WS Staff

Poor baby....starved, all alone....no nurturing or love. :(

RIP in angels arms, little one :rose:

5. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Ohhhhhhhh no. Poor baby. Poor, poor baby.

This I do not even begin to understand. Period.

6. 2goldfish

2goldfish Active Member

7. not_my_kids

not_my_kids New Member

You know, I had finally come to terms with the idea that people starve children for power. I don't understand it, but I could accept it. And then there's this one, which I can neither understand or accept. Are they that immature that they only care about things that demand no emotional investment? The new modern movement, freedom of choice gone crazy...I love you because I want to(virtual baby) not because you demand it and I comply(real baby). I hope they die. Nothing creative, just drop down dead in their tracks. As soon as possible.

8. kbl8201

kbl8201 Former Member

now your talking nmk ;)

9. mysterygirl

mysterygirl A Nancy Drew Wannabe

I hope they too...........I'm serious. Senseless.

I'd be for the death penalty in child abuse/sex offender cases. This is how I feel.........can't help it.

10. Openmind

Openmind New Member

I bet the the biggest regret for these two will be the loss of their video games -- not the death of their child, or the loss of their freedom, but that they can't live in video la-la land anymore.

11. SunnieRN

SunnieRN Active Member

I have NO words that will not get me banned.

12. Disguiseduser0308

Disguiseduser0308 New Member

:( One of the things I loved most about my babies was feeding time. Just holding them close and nursing/bottle feeding was.. well in a word; wonderful.

How a pixelated baby could ever be more attractive is beyond me. That poor baby alone and starving is just heartbreaking. Just when you think you've heard it all. :banghead:

13. Wise Old Owl

Wise Old Owl Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL

There are no words. It happened in South Korea. You will fall down when you read about "the game" they were playing!!!!

As I said - there are no words.................

Reports: South Korean baby starves to death as parents are obsessed with online game

By Associated Press

8:53 a.m. EST, March 6, 2010

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — A South Korean couple addicted to an Internet game about raising a virtual child were arrested for neglecting their real 3-month-old daughter and letting her starve to death, news reports said.

more at link.................

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-as-skorea-baby-death,0,321225.story

Just no words.......................................

14. mayelf

mayelf New Member

I used to be addicted to the "online gaming" world. And then I had my son, and I haven't played the games I was addicted to at all... So this case makes no sense to me.

They didn't starve their child because of a computer addiction. They starved their baby because they are heartless evil people. People who could cruelly murder a baby.. i have no words for that.

This quote has nothing to do with a gaming addiction. I could never even imagine knowingly giving my child spoiled milk. Sick..
    "The couple confessed they had fed the child rotten powdered milk and often spanked her, " from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...al-child--let-real-daughter-starve-death.html

15. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

This would be funny if someone made it up but unfortunately it appears to be true:
    A South Korean couple neglected their baby while being addicted to, of all things, a virtual childrearing game:

Edit: forgot the link
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo...arved_To_Death_While_They_Played_Games_Online