South Park has gone too far

close_enough said:
speaking of South Park, did anyone see the movie "Team America - World Police"?....it was by the creators of South Park...i've never really gotten into South Park all that much, but Team America is a craaaaazy movie...the characters are puppets, & it's hilarious....i rented it right after it came out on video, & it's been on Showtime recently, so i couldn't help but watch it again....
Loved it! Who else in the world would have puppets trying out all the moves of the karma sutra? "America.....______ yeah - here to save the _________ day!"

southcitymom said:
Loved it! Who else in the world would have puppets trying out all the moves of the karma sutra? "America.....______ yeah - here to save the _________ day!"

LOL...****yeah! :dance:

the first time i saw it, me & my husband would sing along every time the tune came on, during the movie....(which was several times, lol)......great stuff!

there's this one part, that just cracks me up for some reason, although all of the movie is hilarious, but it's when Gary gets his makeover, LOL....& he's told the signal to use if he gets into trouble....you know..shaking his hands in the air...LOL, i just love the part when he's in the jeep using the signal....

Apparently the way Steve died is going to make for a popular costume this Halloween. I have heard of alot of diffrent people now wearing it.

Mygirlsadie said:
Apparently the way Steve died is going to make for a popular costume this Halloween. I have heard of alot of diffrent people now wearing it.
It always happens with whatever tragedy is closest to Halloween. There were plenty of costumes that many would find wholly inappropriate after 9-11.

We had a big costume party here at the house Saturday night and someone came as the Croc Hunter with a stingray on there chest. I think it is a pretty common choice for Halloween this year.

tybee204 said:
We had a big costume party here at the house Saturday night and someone came as the Croc Hunter with a stingray on there chest. I think it is a pretty common choice for Halloween this year.
Yes, heard it will be.

Halloween is catching on here, unfortunately.

Just another thing Australia has America to thank for, after GW, MacDonalds KFC etc, all that good stuff :rolleyes:

narlacat said:
Yes, heard it will be.

Halloween is catching on here, unfortunately.

Just another thing Australia has America to thank for, after GW, MacDonalds KFC etc, all that good stuff :rolleyes:
Thank the Celts Narla, not us. They started the celebration and the costumes about 2000 years ago. We can't be blamed for everything.

Besides, we aint twisting no arms. I'll gladly send you GW so you can deal with him though
wink.gif

The history channel had a special on how Halloween began..

The events of 1400bc through 1600bc lead to what we call Halloween today.
Wish I had tivo, cause I would like to watch it again. :waitasec:

BhamMama said:
Thank the Celts Narla, not us. They started the celebration and the costumes about 2000 years ago. We can't be blamed for everything.

Besides, we aint twisting no arms. I'll gladly send you GW so you can deal with him though http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif
Well, that is true Mama, that tradition didn't start in America but has become one of America's traditions and you guys have turned it into yet another commercial nightmare.
I'm sorry, I just resent our countrys stupidity in trying to follow in your footsteps and I guess I'm not just talking about Halloween.
We are losing what makes us unique by trying to keep up with our neighbours and it makes me angry, and underneath anger is sadness..
I am sad our country aspires to be like yours.

We are already dealing with him lol

narlacat said:
Well, that is true Mama, that tradition didn't start in America but has become one of America's traditions and you guys have turned it into yet another commercial nightmare.
I'm sorry, I just resent our countrys stupidity in trying to follow in your footsteps and I guess I'm not just talking about Halloween.
We are losing what makes us unique by trying to keep up with our neighbours and it makes me angry, and underneath anger is sadness..

Gosh, we aren't that bad are we? you sound a little like you don't like us. Maybe I misunderstand you.

Equal Opportunity Offenders - exactly!

If you're a fan of SP and are not a reader of theonion.com - you need to be. Social commentary presented like "news" - kind of a Daily Show in print.

I'll never forget how I loved reading the Onion in college, until the day they ran a story about women. Then I got mad, then I realized that was the point. I love it when they make fun of Super-Freaky Christians or fat white male Republicans, but just because I finally identified with a group they were making fun of - then I was offended. That realization is the beauty of that type of humor.

They now even have a satirical sport section - absolutely hilarious.

Ang50 said:
Equal Opportunity Offenders - exactly!

If you're a fan of SP and are not a reader of theonion.com - you need to be. Social commentary presented like "news" - kind of a Daily Show in print.

I'll never forget how I loved reading the Onion in college, until the day they ran a story about women. Then I got mad, then I realized that was the point. I love it when they make fun of Super-Freaky Christians or fat white male Republicans, but just because I finally identified with a group they were making fun of - then I was offended. That realization is the beauty of that type of humor.

They now even have a satirical sport section - absolutely hilarious.

I LOVE the Onion!!! I have a few of the books and I literally make myself sick because of laughing so hard. You have to have a twisted sense of humor (which I do) to appreciate it. My husband doesn't have that and when he reads something that I'm dying over he's like :confused: . He gets it, he just doesn't see the dark humor.

2sisters said:
Gosh, we aren't that bad are we? you sound a little like you don't like us. Maybe I misunderstand you.
Well, we are all evolving and America is no different.
But I don't want our society to become like yours.
We would do well to aim higher than your standards.

There's alot to like.

EOO Equal Opportunity Offenders

Can't help but laugh at the goofs on SP.

Extremely clever satire. I don't think it was right to goof on Jesus but I laughed. I am a sick, twisted freak. Life if funny damn it.

narlacat said:

We certainly don't push people to be anything other than what they are. Heck, it's what we live by, I may not like what you say or do but I'll uphold until the death your right to say it or do it.

We are a very young country compared to most of the world and we ourselves are still learning and changing, not everything for the best, but the fundamentals of who we are and what we believe are upheld by the majority of people here, not the minority. Sadly, the majority isn't in charge. That's our fault, your country wanting what others have is your countries fault.

As for halloween. So many are turning from the whole commercial aspect of it these days and going towards more home oriented groups. Blame companies maybe but not all of us are that way. I don't see how if y'all are doing it of your own free will that it is our fault in anyway.

We also celebrate, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Day of the Dead, Feast of St. Joseph, and Oktoberfests. They all came from somewhere else! Unless you have people running around with drums, skin painted white like ghosts doing the ghost dance to get rid of the white folk (which *is* as American as American can get seeing as it's one of the plains indians beliefs, a direct result of the newcomers) you are emulating others just like us. :)

BhamMama said:
We certainly don't push people to be anything other than what they are. Heck, it's what we live by, I may not like what you say or do but I'll uphold until the death your right to say it or do it.

We are a very young country compared to most of the world and we ourselves are still learning and changing, not everything for the best, but the fundamentals of who we are and what we believe are upheld by the majority of people here, not the minority. Sadly, the majority isn't in charge. That's our fault, your country wanting what others have is your countries fault.

As for halloween. So many are turning from the whole commercial aspect of it these days and going towards more home oriented groups. Blame companies maybe but not all of us are that way. I don't see how if y'all are doing it of your own free will that it is our fault in anyway.

We also celebrate, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Day of the Dead, Feast of St. Joseph, and Oktoberfests. They all came from somewhere else! Unless you have people running around with drums, skin painted white like ghosts doing the ghost dance to get rid of the white folk (which *is* as American as American can get seeing as it's one of the plains indians beliefs, a direct result of the newcomers) you are emulating others just like us. :)
I hear you Mama.

Sadly here too, the majority isn't in charge.
Most of us wouldn't want what you have, but we are headed that way.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorba347
Back