Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
Ana Knezevich is originally from Colombia and is a US citizen living in Fort Lauderdale, FL. The following article and video from News Nation gives details of her mysterious disappearance in Madrid, Spain. The FBI and US State Department are involved in the investigation.

(NewsNation) — Felipe Henao says his sister Ana Knezevich has been missing in Spain since Feb. 5.

The Florida woman went to Madrid on a trip while going through a divorce, her family told NewsNation. After they started receiving mysterious text messages from her phone, they sent someone to check on Knezevich.

According to the family, a man in a helmet can be seen on video blacking out security cameras where Knezevich was staying before she vanished.

Continued at link.

News Nation Video -- Brian Entin & Chris Cuomo

1707811484852.png

Last edited:
I wonder what the text messages were. Like someone pretending to be her? Or someone taunting the family? Is the husband in the U.S. or Spain?
Linked article and videos say that the family believes her husband is in Serbia. News Nation attempted to contact him but haven't had a response. The interview with her brother -- first video linked in post #2 -- has information about one of the text messages.

Linked article and videos say that the family believes her husband is in Serbia. News Nation attempted to contact him but haven't had a response. The interview with her brother -- first video linked in post #2 -- has information about one of the text messages.

I saw the 'met someone on the street' messages but they put up a message in Spanish that her brother says she would never say but I didn't catch what he said it was in English. Do you know?

The brother seems like such a good guy and he is being honest and open about everything. I hope against hope his sister will be rescued and be able to thank him.

FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (WSVN) - A friend of a South Florida woman, who has been missing in Madrid for almost two weeks, is asking for help in bringing her friend back home.

“Ana is a sweet, sweet person. Very caring,” said Sanna Rameau, Ana’s best friend.

Ana Knezevich is a U.S Citizen and chose an apartment building in Madrid to stay at during her visit. She is a business woman who decided to work abroad while going through a divorce.

She was supposed to meet a friend a few days later after she disappeared but she never showed up.

“We received very bizarre messages from her phone, I have to say from her phone because I don’t believe it was her sending it, that Saturday afternoon after she disappeared. That she had met a man on the street,” Rameau said.

Rameau responded by asking Ana to send her location as it didn’t sound safe. Ana never responded and the phone turned off.

“When we tried to respond, the messages were not going through and the phone is off. She has not left on her own. She has been taken against her will and by who, I don’t know,” said Rameau.

Family members said that text messages from Ana’s phone were also sent to them. The family said that while Knezevich speaks Spanish, the Spanish text message were in a different dialect and she didn’t speak that way.

Ana was expected to travel to Barcelona two days later. Her friend said she is not a party girl, nor does any drugs or drinks.

More at link.

“Someone has done something to her and I’m trying to understand who it could be and why?” Rameau said.

Knezevich has been living in an apartment in Madrid, Spain since December, but on Friday, Feb. 2, she went missing.

Neighbors said they last saw her around 10 p.m. that night.

According to Rameau, the move from Fort Lauderdale was a fresh start for her friend who was going through a stressful time in her personal life.

“She is divorcing her husband and is going through that,” Rameau said.

She says when she tried texting Knezevich the day she disappeared, but she didn’t get a response back.

Instead she said she got a strange text message the next day from her friend's phone, stating that she met someone and was going to his summer home two hours from Madrid where signal would be spotty.

“I tried to respond saying I was worried about her, like you don’t sound safe,” Rameau said. “What is she talking about? This makes no sense and my messages didn’t go through either.”

She has been living in Madrid for a couple of months, so it's not as if she was on a quick vacation there.

MOO someone hired a guy to do this. MOO he is local to Madrid and so speaks a different Spanish dialect than she does (she is from Latin America).

She is going through a tough divorce.... MOO etc.

She has been living in Madrid for a couple of months, so it's not as if she was on a quick vacation there.

MOO someone hired a guy to do this. MOO he is local to Madrid and so speaks a different Spanish dialect than she does (she is from Latin America).

She is going through a tough divorce.... MOO etc.
My thoughts exactly.

Has anybody - including her family - managed to get a response from the husband in Serbia? Even though they're going through a divorce, he ought to be concerned.
No response from him to Newsnation - understandable - but what about friends and family who have tried to contact him ?

NewsNation's Brian Entin reported that neighbors of Ana and her husband in Fort Lauderdale said David spent a lot of time paying attention to the security cameras in their home.

Last edited:
Ana Knezevich

A 40-year-old Florida woman temporarily living in Madrid amid her divorce has gone missing.

Ana Knezevich was last seen on February 2 at around 10 p.m. at her Madrid apartment. Friend Sanna Rameau told 7News Miami that Ana had planned to meet a friend a few days into her visit, but failed to show up

What an absolute nightmare for Ana’s family. “A man in a helmet was seen blacking out the security cameras where she was staying with spray paint,” were they able to identify the man? Curious what the spouse is saying even though going through "tough" divorce, and wonder who wanted the divorce? moo

Last edited:
Knezenvich’s best friend, Sanna Rameau, told Local 10 News that she received a bizarre text message on the day she vanished.

“I have met someone wonderful,” she wrote. “He has a house outside of Madrid— two hours (away). We are going there now and going to stay a few days. Signal is going to be spotty. I will call you when I get back.”

Rameau said Knezenvich had plans to go to Barcelona on Monday and claimed it’s not likely she would run off with a random stranger.

After flying to Madrid, Rameau said she made a disturbing discovery at her friend’s apartment building, just 30 minutes before she was reported missing.

“There was a man the same evening she disappeared who spray painted the surveillance cameras in her building with black paint,” she said.

I don't see it listed anywhere that the husband is a US Citizen. He's fled to Serbia so perhaps he is not? I wonder if the police/FBI can track his phone to any degree.
They (MSM) never really say where he 'fled' from. I'm interested in that aspect. Was he still in FL or was he also abroad. It's unclear. JMOO

I don't see it listed anywhere that the husband is a US Citizen. He's fled to Serbia so perhaps he is not? I wonder if the police/FBI can track his phone to any degree.
According to the caption on the photo of David Knezevich, he is originally from Belgrade.

And Serbia allows dual citizenship, so even if he's a naturalized U.S. citizen it's likely he never gave up his Serbian one.

The video features the last voice recordings a friend received from Ana. She doesn’t seem like the type to go days without contact IMO - it seems like she regularly updated friends / loved ones:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back