SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

Do you have a link for the statement that “they did have other associates of moroccan origin?” I couldn’t find that on this thread.

MissMYB, IHAVENOCLUE, Kaykedi and 6 others like this.

2. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

<modsnip - quoted post has been removed>

Normal members can only post things that are backed up by links to mainstream media (MSM), you can't post rumours or discuss anything you've seen on social media on the main threads. That's why things get deleted, because they violate the rules. You can have private conversations with other members though. Also Lauryn is now verified, which means she doesn't have to post links to back up what she says. I hope this helps you understand the site a little more. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2019
  3. Laurynpoole

Laurynpoole Daughter/Sister Poole Missing Case

So the truth is, I can only imagine what’s gone on. That doesn’t mean I always believe it either.
    However I can comment based on the things that I know as being some what truthful to me, IE. I know for definite that they were with the friends Monday evening,
    After speaking with the friend he confirms Liam stayed with them that night. Dad left the hotel in the morning on his own.
    That’s the facts that I know so piecing it together that’s the last place
    In regards to any proof or evidence I haven’t been given any updates by police at all, infact I often hear the phrase ‘we have no significant updates’
    The reason for this is and I’ll quote from an email I received:

‘Due to the way the Spanish legal system works, we aren’t able to disclose any of the details of the investigation to you. To do so would not only breach Spanish law but could potentially damage the good relationship we have with the police in Malaga. It is imperative that this doesn’t happen as we really want to keep working with them on this investigation. I understand that this is difficult and it is slightly different to how we would work in the UK, but we all have to accept this. There is a lot of unhelpful speculation on social media about the fact that the Spanish police don’t care about this investigation and aren’t doing anything. Having met with them I can reassure you that this isn’t the case and they have been working hard to try and establish what has happened to Danny and Liam. There are a number of lines of enquiry continuing in Spain and results pending on other work. It is likely that this will be ongoing for a few more weeks’

So frustrating but I guess that means I don’t know any answers to the questions above in regards to the investigation.

This is all very helpful to me.
    I have made an appeal that has been seen on the news etc, I will post the link to it here:
    Emotional appeal for information on Daniel and Liam Poole

I think police are trying to prevent me being put in a vulnerable position when it comes to being interviewed and perhaps some insensitive questions being asked based on speculation.

But it’s something that as time goes on I’m pushing for more ways for help.
    So I will most definitely put your points forward and take them on board.

4. Thelastleg

Thelastleg Well-Known Member

Hi Lauryn, I'm sure you are worried sick and feeling very helpless. If they had disappeared in the UK you would have had much more support. I am sympathetic to your situation. Can the friend confirm that Liam was definitely picked up by your Dad in the morning and did they give any indication as to where they were going.

5. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

From Lauryn's link.

6. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

That was really good. Great appeal for help and information.

Well spoken and heartfelt.

7. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

It's good to hear that the Spanish police in Malaga are taking this case seriously, and that they are working on it. Thank you for sharing that information. I hope they can find some answers soon for you and your family.

8. Asos

Asos Former Member

So you have have said that the friend has confirmed your dad collected your brother on tuesday afternoon..... so these friends they were with know no more than anybody else...... where ever they went from there when they left their friends is the next step according to this confirmation?? They had travelled previously to this country accordingly to posts ... what about any other people they might have met or known ?? Did they know other people... or associates .... and what about what so many other people on this forum are suggesting about possible car incidents is this being thoroughly checked.

9. Gaspingmad

Gaspingmad Former Member

@Asos very valid points you make, it would be good to know if they had any other associates in the area.
    <modsnip - TOS violations>
    Has the Tinder avenue been investigated thoroughly?
    I still think an incident in the car is most likely unless of course there is more information that isn't being released. ( understandably if it will jeopardise the investigation.)
    Still not much media coverage in Spain and it's worrying that the lack of coverage will hinder finding Danny and Liam. If there was more media coverage and posters etc in Estepona area it may just jog someones memory

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2019
    windrower, Kaykedi, Asos and 4 others like this.
  10. Pooleinquiry

Pooleinquiry Verified Brother Daniel Poole

I have had photo quality flyers printed and have a close family friend going to Malaga do some leafleting hopefully this will help keep it in the public eye

11. worldwatcher

worldwatcher Well-Known Member

That is great, hope you can keep us updated about it, if possible.

12. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

[​IMG]

Hearts, Laurynpoole!!!

IHAVENOCLUE, dotr, ZaZara and 3 others like this.
  13. Laurynpoole

Laurynpoole Daughter/Sister Poole Missing Case

Nothing to update anybody on.
    Just felt like I should check in.
    We got my dads things back from Spain today. Just so gutted and upset i never could have seen myself in this position before only like what you see on movies :(

The police are making contact with the lucie Blackman trust on our behalf too so hopefully we can get some support from them soon.

I keep checking back here and will reply when I feel like it’s necessary

Thank you again X

StarrChance, MissMYB, Amonet and 48 others like this.
  14. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

Hi Lauryn, we've all been thinking of you xX

15. lindylou

lindylou Active Member

Thinking of you and your family. I check this thread constantly hoping for some news for you and your family.

16. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, it must be completely surreal.

17. delia02

delia02 delia02

It is now 29th july..... no further progress... ?

18. Gaspingmad

Gaspingmad Former Member

It doesn't seem to have moved on, I notice in an earlier post that all their belongings have been returned. Seems very final for an ongoing operation. I guess the Spanish work in a different way to the UK police. Lets all make sure this doesn't go cold. Thinking of everyone concerned

19. delia02

delia02 delia02

20. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless