SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Laurynpoole

Laurynpoole Daughter/Sister Poole Missing Case

Sh
    what a great suggestion!

2. lolafaith

lolafaith Well-Known Member

Thanks, just watched it, @Laurynpoole I hope there is some positives in this programme in that it makes someone come forward, but I totally see why you are upset about this, they have been selective in what information has been given.

Kaykedi, Laughing and Elainera like this.
  3. Laurynpoole

I didn’t actually watch it however I got enough insight/context from the news article this morning and that was enough for me. Let’s hope people don’t lose hope and that people want to help find these 2 criminals like they’ve been portrayed xx

Kaykedi, angelina1, mks762 and 6 others like this.
  4. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

Honestly Lauryn, if I were in your shoes I would send the editor a strong worded letter. To present the opinion of one family member as fact in the headline is just completely unacceptable! That's tabloid clickbait level. I would be very disappointed too, and very angry. jmo

5. Sera

Sera Well-Known Member

Hey Lauryn,
    I'm not around on here as often recently but I always check in on this thread to see if there's any new information. Today's articles are very disappointing but at least it's still publicity, even if it's not great publicity, that's the only positive way to look at it IMO.
    I am always shocked at how mature you are in handling this situation and all the struggles that come with it. I've said it before but you are a very, very brave young woman and we are all so proud of you on here and so glad that you still pop in and answer questions and give us updates.
    I really do hope your dad and brother come home safe and sound and I'm so sorry certain people around you seem so content in causing chaos and drama. You are amazing for having the strength to deal with it all.

X

6. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

@Laurynpoole , Dear, know that I'd bring this by for you if only the ocean wasn't in my way!

upload_2019-10-21_16-28-13.jpeg

7. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

8. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

9. Lyndaloo

Lyndaloo Well-Known Member

Well the bbc have truly made an arse of that article, they have Daniel & Liam completely mixed up from start to finish. Lauryn, you are handling this with amazing strength & dignity, hope you get some news soon x

windrower, Kaykedi, Laughing and 4 others like this.
  10. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

I hope you get some news soon Lauryn, thinking of you <3

Kaykedi, Laughing, dotr and 1 other person like this.
  11. ZaZara

ZaZara Well-Known Member

The good news is that you can order tea and scones on-line and have them delivered directly to Lauryn!

Meanwhile, big bearhugs to you, @Laurynpoole . You are amazing. Keep going!

Kaykedi, Laughing, dotr and 4 others like this.
  12. mrsjonesjo

mrsjonesjo Sleuthy

The news is endorsed by Liam's mother, not just his nan and Daniels brother. Why would she risk their lives if the contents of the article are untrue?

13. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

I agree and think a letter would go a long way in this instance.

Continuing to share in the hope and love here. The day will come...

Kaykedi, Laughing, Beanpot and 4 others like this.
  14. Laurynpoole

Hello MrsJonesjo lovely to meet you!
    Thank you for messaging.
    now like I have clarified above if you’d like to take the time above I have clarified the truth of the matter and the reasoning for it being dangerous.
    if you need me to repeat anything or break it down please let me know.

the facts that aren’t true is about any criminal convictions being relevant to the case, my dad being a gangster related to some famous gang years ago, and the way it was portrayed in the media thank you for asking :)

15. Laurynpoole

Thank you all for the lovely messages it would take me some time to go through everyone but thank you all again for the support, suggestions and helpful questions. I am grateful for you all xxx

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  16. Laurynpoole

Realised how poor my English is here hahaha!

‘thank you for messaging,
    Now, I have clarified above; if you’d like to take the time to read.
    I have clarified the truth of the matter and the reasoning for it being dangerous’

hope that makes more sense haha

Spudbear, Kaykedi, Laughing and 2 others like this.
  17. mks762

mks762 Well-Known Member

Stay strong girl, we're all pulling for you and the justice your father and brother deserve <3

It's been said before by someone else on this thread but I just wanted to bring it up again- it is truly bizarre how many users joined around April-June and their only few posts are on this thread. And seem to always have arguments against the general consensus. I've never once seen that on the many many threads I have followed here. Sorry you're having to deal with that on top of everything else Lauryn, just ignore and they'll hopefully go away.

Fidobell, Kaykedi, Suglo and 8 others like this.
  18. AtQ

AtQ Member

I have a theory about those accounts : I think it's because, on the beginning, there were very few articles about the case which means the forum was actually easy to stumble upon to via Google. I mean Lauryn and her uncle found it and since they interacted with us pretty early on, I'm assuming the word got spread pretty quickly about this thread which is why a lot of accounts were created. I think those people were brought here because they either googled the Poole name or follow Lauryn or another member of her family on social media. I'm guessing this case is not "famous" enough that there are other places in the internet where people can slander these particular victims anonymously. My point is, those are probably not random internet trolls, they all either know the victims or know someone who knows them. I hope that made some sort of sense

Kaykedi, Nilesil, Kasmeer and 9 others like this.
  19. Laurynpoole

I couldn’t have put it better myself. That I think is 100% the truth. Facebook profiles, evidently fake, were made too, to do the same on sussex police news reports etc.

20. mrsjonesjo

mrsjonesjo Sleuthy

I 100% agree with you Lauryn, I just wonder why a MOTHER would do such a thing. For the people wondering why I follow this case; I actually care, I live just up the road from Marbella and this story struck me. I would be lying if I said that some of the behaviour around the case hadn't piqued my interest. I'm no angel, I'm sure I have gone through times where this could have been me, or something similar, but it was incredibly obvious from the start that these men were not on 'holiday'. I'm also not 100% convinced that I would tell my sister everything that I would tell my mum. Just my opinion but that's what the internet is about.

Kaykedi and Laughing like this.