SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Fidobell

Fidobell Well-Known Member

Checking in on this thread, and been reading last 3 weeks posts .
    Bottom line is these 2 guys are missing and close family are struggling to cope with their disappearance and all that goes with it .
    Imoo , the 'headline' gleamed from an interview with folk who are family in name only , is shameful behaviour and irresponsible media and reporting .
    LP , you should not have to deal with this , but your strength is testament to those role models you are trying to find .
    Best wishes to you and know people are wishing you well . Much love

Nancy19XX, whatsnext, Bethan and 17 others like this.

2. tbs2019

tbs2019 New Member

Hi thoughts are with you

3. Laurynpoole

Laurynpoole Daughter/Sister Poole Missing Case

Thank you all again xxx

4. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

Thinking of everyone affected by this. Hope everything is as well as it can be.

HayLouise, dotr, Laughing and 5 others like this.
  5. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Yes, thinking of you Lauryn x

6. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Special thoughts and a big hug for you Lauryn x

7. Distant Observer

Distant Observer Member

The tragic deaths (totally unrelated) along the coast at Club La Costa made me think of Lauryn and her family's loss this Christmas. I hope in some way there can be a breakthrough in the search in 2020.

8. CoverMeCagney

Ive just seen that news, wish I hadn’t to be honest :(

9. ZaZara

ZaZara Well-Known Member

"something new can be born even in a time of overwhelming darkness"

Thinking of you, Lauryn Poole, on this Christmas Day. Blessings.

HayLouise, Looloo, kelsie and 4 others like this.
  10. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Wishing you and your loved ones all the very best Lauryn!

11. kelsie

kelsie i only have time for coffee

Merry Christmas to you Lauryn, may you keep persevering through this darkness. Your strength is astounding. <3

12. JimmyPerez

JimmyPerez Verified Attorney

Thinking of you, your da, your brother and the rest of your family and friends this Christmas. Sending you all my best wishes for peace and resolution.

13. lolafaith

lolafaith Well-Known Member

Wishing you @Laurynpoole the happiest new year with lots of love, health and happiness x

Laughing, HayLouise, dotr and 2 others like this.
  14. beforethegladness

beforethegladness Active Member

Thinking of you @Laurynpoole and wishing you the very best.

Fidobell, Laughing, HayLouise and 3 others like this.
  15. Jayzcee

Jayzcee Member

Being that I live in the same town as the Pooles in the UK, I have followed this story on facebook/in the news, but wasn't aware of Websleuths until recently. I have spent some time scrolling through this today, there's lots more information here from Lauryn than I have seen anywhere else. Anyway, babbling aside, I often think of these two missing men, and notice this thread has been quiet for a few weeks - Any more news?

Kaykedi, Nancy19XX, mks762 and 12 others like this.
  16. CoverMeCagney

Welcome Jayzcee (though have seen you on Anthony's thread!)

No news as far as we know, hopefully @Laurynpoole will update us when she can. It's often the case when something happens abroad that we don't hear much at all. Lauryn has an extra barrier, as well as a language barrier, between her and the Spanish police investigating the case.

17. Bramble

Bramble Member

Surely for sake of this heartbroken family there cannot be a language barrier in a case like this..... interpreters or translaters surely should be involved .. every step of the way . But im sure like above any news would be updated wen they can and wen they feel to .

Kaykedi, Ann Blyth and dotr like this.
  18. Jayzcee

Jayzcee Member

Thanks @CoverMeCagney

I can't begin to imagine how horrendous this situation is for anyone, let alone when someone is missing abroad - Makes the family so much more limited on what they can do. I keep feeling surprised that I have heard so little about it locally, but then I suppose why would I. If they were missing in/from Burgess Hill, it would be quite another matter.

One thing that has been bothering me all night is the car - So if I understand it correctly, was found in a decent condition parked in a street? Is there any further information on the street? Like, was it a promenade of shops, was it a residential street etc. And were any of their belongings or anything in the car?

19. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

I wasn't paying close attention and missed this news about the car: that's huge news.

When my brain is presented with a puzzle, it wants to solve it. My first instinct is to ask the question, what sequence of events would result in that particular piece of evidence? While in theory anything is possible, in reality people do things for practical and predictable reasons. (This is just to preface that I'm not so much thinking of these 2 individuals, as of a situation that would apply to anyone.)

I think the mostly likely situation is that the car was left there by Daniel and Liam, and someone picked them up. And I speculate the purpose was to disguise from the resort cameras, what vehicle they really left in.
    My reasoning is, why would they leave the car there otherwise? They'd be stranded without a ride. Why would someone else go to the trouble of returning the car there? They'd need a backup car to take them away, and potentially leave forensics on the car. Leaving the car there IMO, wasn't about hiding the car, someone could have noticed it there at anytime. IMO it was about hiding who they went with. Also, their having disappeared is more consistent with someone else controlling them, and someone else not having to get rid of their car.

Kaykedi, Suglo, dotr and 4 others like this.
  20. Jayzcee

Jayzcee Member

Agreed I think It would have been Daniel and Liam that left the car - And this is why I was wondering if there was more information on where - If it is in a residential street then there's a possibility that they went to someone's house there - One would assume LE had investigated that route, and performed all the necessary door knocking/questioning. If it's near bars, they could have met someone, etc etc, and you'd hope flyers had been sent to every business along there to try and refresh someones memory.

I personally think that potentially this bit of information could really help in considering a world of possibilities. When I had originally heard the car had been found, I assumed it had been abandoned somewhere remote, it wasn't until I read this and realised it had simply been parked up on a street - Like they're planning on coming back to it. Of course it could be a way to make it look like they were coming back to it to buy them some time, but I don't buy that.

Kaykedi likes this.