SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Apr 7, 2019.

1. ZaZara

ZaZara Well-Known Member

Off to Africa, among other options.
    They might still be in Spain, hiding perhaps, but we don't even know if they still are together.

In fact, they may have quietly returned to the UK.

IMHO it is in everyone's best interest that they are located soon.

TatianaBarbie, Orgona, Herat and 4 others like this.
  2. lolafaith

lolafaith Well-Known Member

The mother has said that Interpol are involved, however neither of them are shown on the Interpol yellow notices on the website, these are for missing people. Would this be because they are subject to a police investigation connected to a crime, rather than just missing???

Lyndaloo, Herat, dotr and 3 others like this.
  3. lolafaith

4. lolafaith

5. ZaZara

ZaZara Well-Known Member

The full story lists a different age for the father, plus the son would have been wanted by the courts in Murcia. Why go to Murcia when you are wanted there?

Sofar, there is no info that this would have been them.

Plus, under current laws in all European coutries, they would have had right to a counsel, who would have informed the next of kin, and the embassy for support.

6. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Social media rumor and other info stated as fact with no supporting MSM links are not allowed.

Posts discussing Facebook info have been removed.

Please review The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc

Also, no sleuthing of family members, including their social media accounts. Read The Rules: Etiquette & Information

If you have questions about those rules, please private message a moderator for clarification.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  7. Pooleinquiry

Pooleinquiry Verified Brother Daniel Poole

This is my brother and nephew and have been told the Spanish police have been very slow as to do anything as well as passing information on

8. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Welcome, Pooleinquiry. Sorry about what's going on with Danny and Liam. What's your gut feeling about what has happened to them? There is a lot of conflicting information out there and barely any official news, you must be feeling very frustrated!

9. Mercedes

Mercedes Verified Expert

IMO, this is a very nice post.

10. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

Have the father and son arrested for hash smuggling been named yet?

11. Coconutty

Coconutty Well-Known Member

HKP not sure but what a coincidence that is.

12. worldwatcher

worldwatcher Well-Known Member

I am sorry, with all due respect for the family and friends of Daniel and Liam,but with all those post from family and confidential insight post,it seems to me that LE/EU should exchange the info for a better outcome...
    To be honest,I do believe.. ..there is more, than meets the eye!
    MOO

13. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

Unless there was some kind of id "mix up" I cant see how it could be the missing men tho. If they are still reported missing.

14. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

Hi all! Just joining this thread.

My hunch is something happened to Daniel and Liam either while looking at a property or they had a car accident.

I hope @Laurynpoole has reached out to some of the people/organizations that can help the family, especially the Lucy Blackman Trust.

15. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

Isn’t the father that was arrested 50 years old? If Daniel is 46 wouldn’t that rule them out as the ones arrested?

16. Pooleinquiry

Surely if they were knocked the British consulate would know as well as the uk police so there must be another theory

17. Elgana

Elgana Well-Known Member

In theory yes, but the press sometimes do make mistakes with ages that they publish. To me it seems a strange coincidence so I haven't ruled it out completely, although there is a lot of denial from others that it is them.

18. lolafaith

Yes you would think so, especially by now, must be incredibly frustrating and worrying for you all.

Do you have anyone around you that speaks Spanish fluently, just wondering if they could make some phone calls for you to help? Perhaps contact the court in Murcia who would have the records of those people, so you would know for sure it wasn't them, it is weird this was reported but there doesn't seem to be any further information, but i don't think spanish media is particularly reliable.

The only thing that could be possible is that the police are not saying anything, in case they jeopardise a part of an investigation, involving perhaps others in the UK, not saying that is true but could be a theory.

Obviously it is helpful the family are shedding more light onto the situation on here, but do you know if anyone has collected their luggage from the hotel in Spain, if they left passports or money behind? and if their hire car has been recovered at all? Establishing people's whereabouts is very hard if they are trying not to be found, but if you have any access to their emails or financial records, you would be able to see if they are accessing monies?

Also the person that commented about 'smoke and mirrors' i think that is really unfair. What is more likely is that different family members may have been given different reasons for the trip, and that is what is coming out now, it does add weight to the theory though that this wasn't just a few days rest in the sun, although looking for a property or car shouldn't be something that leads to this, i think that's why people are trying to establish possible theories as to other things that could have happened.

Thinking of you all

19. Pooleinquiry

It’s my brother and nephew missing the airport arrest is not them and the consulate say they’ve not been arrested

20. Pooleinquiry

Also I wasn’t aware the trip was for a property my brother often travels abroad for cars as he has a car sales business in the uk