GUILTY Spain - Jennifer Mills-Westley, 60, decapitated, Tenerife, CI, 13 May 2011

Yikes! What's up with the woman's hair curlers (rollers) on that shrine?

Poor woman. May she rest in peace. Prayers going up for her beautiful daughter as well.

This murderer actually has a Facebook. I checked now that they have released his last name.

It appears at some point he had to have been semi "normal" as he has friends on there asking after him. He also links to Messiah.com. and lists Texas as where he lives.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/deyan.deyanov?sk=wall

Police are investigating reports that she spent several minutes inside the Social Security Office in the popular seaside resort of Los Cristianos while the Bulgarian ranted at the door. He had been refused entrance because of his "aggressive manner" towards her. She waited until he had moved on before emerging from the building and entering a discount store next door.

IF this is in fact true....wow. He was stalking her for 9 days? And acting aggressively towards her to the point police barred him from entering the building that she was in?

What are people thinking? What did the police think? What did she think when some lunatic was harrassing her to the point of police involvement? Were they thinking "he has settled down" and was she thinking "Well he seems a bit odd but surely he is a reasonable person, I will just continue my shopping next door as I am sure he will not harrass me further..."

IF those reported facts are true, if some nutcase starts screaming and acting aggressive towards you in a government building...targeting you specifically...why do people think "well I am sure everything will be fine and I will just keep shopping next door".

I personally would be thinking the worst (course I do watch a lot of gory stuff, and even my worst instinctual thought could not begin to compare to the final outcome).

It sounds like the local people were used to his behavior. When the woman asked for help, why didn't no one call the police? I don't believe police was called, it was the security guard who she asked for help. By the way I do not believe that it is correct that he was stalking her for nine days. By all appearances this seems like a random murder.

Well I knew it. He was supposedly treated for PARANOID SCHIZOPHRENIA. It's the same story over and over again.

"Deyanov had left a psychiatric unit where he was reportedly being treated for paranoid schizophrenia in February. He was known among locals for his aggressive begging and outbursts of violence and had been picked up several times by police."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-detained-indefinitely-in-secret-hearing.html

I am not familiar with the laws in Britain or Canada (where the mentally ill man beheaded another man on a greyhound bus) but these types of murders happen in the US as well.

In fact they happen fairly regularly. Not beheading but attacks on other persons by mentally ill people.

We need to find a way to not only protect the mentally ill from themselves but others from them. The laws as they stand today were more of a knee jerk reaction to the older laws that allowed mentally ill people to be warehoused in institutions. Those laws needed to be changed but now we've seen that the new laws which we abide by now aren't doing enough to protect the severely mentally ill patient and the public at large from their illnesses.

Paranoid Schizophrenia can have horrifying consequences not only for the person who is afflicted with this disease but can be devastating for those that come into contact with an unmedicated PS. However, the laws are such we can't mandate meds for someone. Because this is a brain disease and our brains as humans are our reality it is impossible for the PS to seperate themselves from their illness and see that they truly are ill and need help and meds.

My heart bleeds for the horrific death of this woman, her last experiences on earth and the hurt and grief that her family and friends must bear---it's incomprehensible.

My heart also bleeds for this man with such a profound mental illness that once he is medicated he will more than likely suffer from the awareness of his actions for the rest of his life. His family as well will suffer because if the laws are anything like here in the US they had no choice about his medical care, their hands were tied.

I had a close family member that suffered from PS. He is dead and gone now but he was institutionalized for many years of his life, many times.

Prayers for all those that have come into contact with this mental illness. Especially this woman and her family and friends. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Yes of course the same thing happens in US. There are many examples of that. It's because violent mentally ill people are let out of the mental hospitals after doctors have declared them not a threat. What of course is rather obvious that once they are in the hospital medicated they might not be a threat. Once they get out and don't take their meds its another story all together.

Yes of course the same thing happens in US. There are many examples of that. It's because violent mentally ill people are let out of the mental hospitals after doctors have declared them not a threat. What of course is rather obvious that once they are in the hospital medicated they might not be a threat. Once they get out and don't take their meds its another story all together.

Good point. Unfortunately, perhaps, I think psychiatrists are bound by the laws as they are written. In most cases they aren't allowed to make a guess as to whether the patient will continue to take his meds.

I wonder why, especially in urban areas, we can't have rules that require violent patients to show up at a hospital (such as Bellevue in NYC) every day to take their meds while being observed.

We might have to hire a few more orderlies or nurses--and I realize it would be inconvenient to the patients--but at least some patients might stay on their meds if they continued under supervision. (Of course, a lot of mentally ill patients disappear once they are released; short of hiring armies of bounty hunters, I'm not sure what we can do about the runaways.)

I am not familiar with the laws in Britain or Canada (where the mentally ill man beheaded another man on a greyhound bus) but these types of murders happen in the US as well.

In fact they happen fairly regularly. Not beheading but attacks on other persons by mentally ill people.

We need to find a way to not only protect the mentally ill from themselves but others from them. The laws as they stand today were more of a knee jerk reaction to the older laws that allowed mentally ill people to be warehoused in institutions. Those laws needed to be changed but now we've seen that the new laws which we abide by now aren't doing enough to protect the severely mentally ill patient and the public at large from their illnesses.

Paranoid Schizophrenia can have horrifying consequences not only for the person who is afflicted with this disease but can be devastating for those that come into contact with an unmedicated PS. However, the laws are such we can't mandate meds for someone. Because this is a brain disease and our brains as humans are our reality it is impossible for the PS to seperate themselves from their illness and see that they truly are ill and need help and meds.

My heart bleeds for the horrific death of this woman, her last experiences on earth and the hurt and grief that her family and friends must bear---it's incomprehensible.

My heart also bleeds for this man with such a profound mental illness that once he is medicated he will more than likely suffer from the awareness of his actions for the rest of his life. His family as well will suffer because if the laws are anything like here in the US they had no choice about his medical care, their hands were tied.

I had a close family member that suffered from PS. He is dead and gone now but he was institutionalized for many years of his life, many times.

Prayers for all those that have come into contact with this mental illness. Especially this woman and her family and friends. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Kat summarizes the dilemma beautifully!

I was a kid, but I remember the days when in many jurisdictions, a husband could have his wife locked up indefinitely by telling a mental hospital that she was "unruly." Unless she had biological relatives to fight on her behalf, she was basically out of luck. Parents could do the same with children who made decisions the parents didn't like.

Daily Mail again, continuing its wall-to-wall coverage:

I want a knife this big ... I’m going to kill someone:
Maniac pictured minutes before he beheaded British granny

---
The shopkeeper who saw Deyanov minutes before the bloodbath yesterday told how the 28-year-old Bulgarian was agitatedly walking through the Avenidas supermarket in a T-shirt, shorts and flip-flops on Friday morning.

The man, who gave his name as Carlos, said: ‘He had a note in his hands which he showed me. It said, “I am God”. I asked him what he was looking for and he held his hands far apart and said, “I’m looking for a knife this big”. I said we didn’t have knives and asked what he wanted it for. He said, “I want to kill someone”, and gestured across his neck.’
---
"British granny"? That's a bit indelicate. Still, plenty more plus a new picture at Mail link above.

Daily Mail again, continuing its wall-to-wall coverage:

I want a knife this big ... I’m going to kill someone:
Maniac pictured minutes before he beheaded British granny

"British granny"? That's a bit indelicate. Still, plenty more plus a new picture at Mail link above.
And did this guy call the police to report it?
What exactly would it take for someone to call the police if "I want the knife this big ... I'm going to kill someone" isn't going to to do it?

The Sun has him howling at the moon, smocking crack and collecting women's shoes.

A relative said he was detained when he was in the UK visiting family and was put in a mental hospital there for a month before returning to the resort island. His father had disowned him and he ditched out of the service in Bulgaria.

He became worse after his girlfriend broke up with him. That's what it says.

I'd still like to know why he said he lives in Texas and what that Messiah.com has to do with anything. I'd also like to know why women's curlers are on his Jesus altar.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-before-beheading-Jennifer-Mills-Westley.html

More photographs of inside the squalid "house" as well as a photo of the outside.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-before-beheading-Jennifer-Mills-Westley.html

"I want the knife this big ... I'm going to kill someone" isn't going to to do it?

In all seriousness "gun". Here in Philly anyway. "G-U-N". "Someone's got a gun." "Someone is running around with a gun". "Some dude just stopped in my store and he had a gun".

Again this is just here and it's all I know, but if you called 911 and said a man just asked for a big knife so he can kill somebody I am not lying they'd be out in probably an hour. Maybe an hour. It's not the fault of the Officers themselves but lack of manpower. That island seems to be fairly toney so perhaps it's different there.

Do the police there carry loaded firearms?

I must admit, I have a certain fondness for tabloid news:

Deyanov built his shrine out of breeze blocks and his shoe collection included blue ballet pumps and tan wedges.

He also had copies of A Suggestion of Death by Marianne Wesson and Nick Hornby's How To Be Good.

from Filly's Sun link above (oh, and I also wonder what's the deal with the hair curlers on the Jesus altar)

This murderer actually has a Facebook. I checked now that they have released his last name.

It appears at some point he had to have been semi "normal" as he has friends on there asking after him. He also links to Messiah.com. and lists Texas as where he lives.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/deyan.deyanov?sk=wall

I got a "warning this is a fake site" thingy when I clicked this link...so...for what it's worth, own risk, grain of salt, etc.

I got a "warning this is a fake site" thingy when I clicked this link...so...for what it's worth, own risk, grain of salt, etc.

Thanks Flourish. That's weird I just got it, but didn't earlier today. There were posts on it actually from back in March I believe.

Oh well nobody click it.:escape:

I must admit, I have a certain fondness for tabloid news:

from Filly's Sun link above (oh, and I also wonder what's the deal with the hair curlers on the Jesus altar)

Even O.K. magazine? :crazy:

Indeed with the curlers?:waitasec: Don't get me started with the girlfriend.:eek:

It's all too sad.

In all seriousness "gun". Here in Philly anyway. "G-U-N". "Someone's got a gun." "Someone is running around with a gun". "Some dude just stopped in my store and he had a gun".

Again this is just here and it's all I know, but if you called 911 and said a man just asked for a big knife so he can kill somebody I am not lying they'd be out in probably an hour. Maybe an hour. It's not the fault of the Officers themselves but lack of manpower. That island seems to be fairly toney so perhaps it's different there.

Do the police there carry loaded firearms?

Supposedly the island is a very low crime area. So I doubt the police there has a better job to do.

and now we learn....

Arrest warrant for knife manic was issued three days before he beheaded British grandmother in Tenerife
A maniac who beheaded a British grandmother in Tenerife was wanted by police at the time of the horrific attack, it emerged today.

An arrest warrant for Deyan Deyanov, 28, had been issued three days before he brutally murdered Jennifer Mills-Westley, 60, in a shop in the resort of Los Cristianos.

A magistrate said he should be detained for examination by a psychiatrist after a previous attack on a shop security guard.

But police officers failed to bring in the killer, who was well-known on the streets of the resort, before he pursued and brutally murdered Mrs Mills-Westley.
---
The rest, plus a new pic of the guy, at Daily Mail link above.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back