Found Deceased Spain - Scott Graham, 67, Canadian man not returned home & has no phone or vital medication, last seen Embassy in Madrid 15 July 2022.

StillDiggin

Reaction score
Missing Scott Graham from Victoria BC, Canada. Scott was last seen at the Canadian Embassy in Madrid Spain on the 15th of July 2022. Scott paid for a new passport but never returned to pick it up. Scott requires anti rejection medication. Scott was not on his scheduled return flight back to Canada on the 29th of July 2022.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Scott is a kidney transplant recipient who may currently be without his medication. Due to this he may be dangerously ill. Scott also has a history of minor strokes and may be experiencing cognitive impairment and confusion.

Prior to visiting the Canadian Embassy in Madrid, Scott had been on a bus from Vigo to San Sebastien that left him at a rest stop. The bus had his bag and medication. He wasn't able to retrieve his bag from the company. His family needs the name of the bus company.

Falta Scott Graham from Victoria BC, Can

ACTUALIZACIÓN IMPORTANTE:

In addition, Spain was hit with a blistering heat wave July 9 - 19th.

What a nightmare situation. I hope he was carrying his cash and cards in a moneybelt, and so was able to stay in a hotel, etc. It seems to me police should be accessing his financial accounts, and track him that way.

Fingers crossed.

JMO

Wow this is so scary. This article shows this about the medication:

"He also apparently told the embassy he had tried to get his kidney-transplant medication from the hospital, but that he hadn’t been able to".

That surprises me as they would know it's critical that he has it.

One good thing in the article (maybe?):

"Since then, Kaiza said VicPD has been more helpful and is working with other agencies to monitor Graham’s bank accounts and passport for activity, of which there has been none so far".

Glad to see his bank account hasn't been compromised, but that also means he hasn't used them either.

Re the article about the heatwave, I noticed in one article above it shows ""He had fallen, possibly due to not feeling well, possibly due to the heat wave," Georgia explained".

Poor guy. I hate that he is going through this - I'm praying that there is someone local to wherever he is, who will be able to help him!

"He also apparently told the embassy he had tried to get his kidney-transplant medication from the hospital, but that he hadn’t been able to".

"Since then, Kaiza said VicPD has been more helpful and is working with other agencies to monitor Graham’s bank accounts and passport for activity, of which there has been none so far".

Glad to see his bank account hasn't been compromised, but that also means he hasn't used them either.

Re the article about the heatwave, I noticed in one article above it shows ""He had fallen, possibly due to not feeling well, possibly due to the heat wave," Georgia explained".

Poor guy. I hate that he is going through this - I'm praying that there is someone local to wherever he is, who will be able to help him!
Wow. He would be so vulnerable!

I realize this may sound very judgemental but why wouldn’t 1 of his 3 children go to Spain and look for him? They are trying to get Canadian authorities to do so on their behalf. I get that plane tickets are expensive but it’s been over 3 weeks since your 67 year old father with health issues has been seen or heard from. How much can you do from abroad honestly?

Prior to visiting the Canadian Embassy in Madrid, Scott had been on a bus from Vigo to San Sebastien that left him at a rest stop.
Why do bus drivers do that?! At least do a 'head count' before you drive off again!!

At least he managed to get from San Sebastien to Madrid, so must have had some cash on him to get another bus or train there.
The bus had his bag and medication. He wasn't able to retrieve his bag from the company.
Why wasn't he able to? Do they not have a 'lost property' office ..?

Sounds like these people don't care to look after tourists and don't care for their jobs. Or maybe it's the language barrier? But most Spanish can speak decent English, so no excuses.

MOO.

He wouldn't have been able to even check into a hotel, as you need a passport ID to check into hotels, and he didn't have one as it wasn't picked up at the Embassy.

I wonder if he collapsed in a street and an ambulance was called.
Perhaps he's now in a hospital in Madrid, sick and unconscious, with no ID. So no-one knows who he is.

Because otherwise, wouldn't a body have been discovered somewhere in Madrid by now?

MOO.

Last edited:
He wouldn't have been able to even check into a hotel, as you need a passport ID to check into hotels, and he didn't have one as it wasn't picked up at the Embassy.

I wonder if he collapsed in a street and an ambulance was called.
Perhaps he's now in a hospital in Madrid, sick and unconscious, with no ID. So no-one knows who he is.

Because otherwise, wouldn't a body have been discovered somewhere in Madrid by now?

MOO.
If he is in a hospital it’s all the more reason for his family to go and see if they can potentially find him. That’s a very valid outcome in this case. Without his medications he will get sick. In that case the hospital would have no way of knowing his medical background and his needed medications. He could be in a serious medical condition.

Well I’m glad they’re finally going after almost a month of their elderly, sick father being missing in a foreign country and they don’t even know the name of the hotel he was staying at… JMO. There’s a fundraising account now for the family as well that has over $21,000.

Last edited:
I have been to Spain many times having walked the Camino and I noticed in all major cities on there it’s common to be approached by people particularly woman on the street asking if you want a room. I imagine this happens in Madrid and I feel this is a possibility for Scott staying in one of these rooms as hostels and hotels require passports which has been mentioned on the thread before.

Aug 9 2022
"It's a difficult investigation given that it's overseas, there's obviously a language barrier and some complicated factors but we're hopeful some of the efforts to date will result in locating Mr. Graham."

Georgia Graham and MacIntyre said there is a possibility Graham visited a hospital near Madrid, but they haven't been able to confirm.

"It is absolutely a challenge and a unique environment that we are operating in," MacIntyre said.

The Victoria Police Department is advising anyone in Spain who sees Graham or knows where he might be to call 112. Anyone in Canada with information is asked to contact Victoria police at 250-995-7654.''

''VicPD Appeals For Public Assistance In Spain To Locate High-Risk Missing Man Scott Graham​

File: 22-26749
VicPD Appeals For Public Assistance In Spain To Locate High-Risk Missing Man Scott Graham
Victoria, BC –
Investigators from the Victoria Police Department BC, Canada ask for your help in locating Mr. Scott Graham, who is from this city. Mr. Scott Graham has last been seen in the city of Madrid, Spain on July 15, 2022. At the moment, in Spain, an investigation is being carried out into her disappearance and the investigators of our Department support her.
Mr. Scott Graham is described as follows: 67 years old, 1.75 m tall, brown hair, blue eyes and medium complexion. Here's a recent video and photos of Scott Graham:''

''Scott was last seen at the Canadian Embassy at P.º de la Castellana, 259d, 28046 Torre Emperador, in Madrid, Spain on July 15, 2022. While Spanish authorities are leading the investigation, VicPD officers are working to liaise with them in support of the investigation and with Scott's family. We are making this appeal in Spanish today to try to assist in efforts to locate him.

Scott suffers from a medical condition, which can become life-threatening if he does not receive daily medication. VicPD investigators have learned that Scott may have been seen at the Hospital Universitario La Paz, but are unable to determine what the outcome of the visit was.

Scott's family are deeply concerned for his well-being and need to know he is safe.

If you see Scott Graham in Madrid or elsewhere in Spain, call 112. If you have information about him outside of Spain please call the VicPD Report Desk at (250) 995-7654 extension 1.''

Attachments

• 1660442331858.png
    1660442331858.png
    609.7 KB · Views: 1
Aug 17 2022
1660779289663.png
''The family of a Victoria man who has been missing in Spain for more than a month say they are broadening their search to neighbouring countries.

Scott Graham, 67, was last seen at the Canadian embassy in Madrid. According to Victoria police, he was reported missing to Spanish authorities on July 15.

Daughters Kaiza and Georgia Graham have been in Madrid for a week, staying near the embassy in an effort to track their father's movements and communicate directly with local police.

The sisters said Wednesday they have been uncovering "small bits and pieces" of information about their father's time in Madrid, but nothing that proves he is still in the Spanish capital.''

Aug 17 2022
View attachment 360272
''The family of a Victoria man who has been missing in Spain for more than a month say they are broadening their search to neighbouring countries.

Scott Graham, 67, was last seen at the Canadian embassy in Madrid. According to Victoria police, he was reported missing to Spanish authorities on July 15.

Daughters Kaiza and Georgia Graham have been in Madrid for a week, staying near the embassy in an effort to track their father's movements and communicate directly with local police.

The sisters said Wednesday they have been uncovering "small bits and pieces" of information about their father's time in Madrid, but nothing that proves he is still in the Spanish capital.''
Yikes. I’m sure they’ve checked John Doe’s who passed away in hospitals and other places… I’m thinking it’s not foul play but that he met with medical issues… :(

Why was he at the Embassy? Did he lose his passport and had to go there for a new one??
Yes. He was on a long-distance bus from San Sebastian. The bus stopped for a short break and people got off to go to the bathroom etc. but the driver drove off without checking he was on board. All his bags and belongings were in there.
He must've had some money on him because he managed to get to Madrid, although for some reason the bus company wouldn't let him have his bags or couldn't find them etc.
He went to the Canadian embassy in Madrid, and ordered a new passport, but failed to go back and collect it when it was ready.
Not sure if he had his debit card with him in his wallet or if that was on the bus too, but he must've paid for the new passport somehow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back