St. Lucie County kids win grand prize in VH1 contest, perform at Apollo Theater

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by Beyond Belief, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Beyond Belief

Beyond Belief New Member

:woohoo::woohoo:
    PORT ST. LUCIE — A group of St. Lucie County youths got the opportunity of a lifetime to perform on the same stage once graced by the likes of music legends James Brown and Michael Jackson at the famed Apollo Theater in New York City.
    Twenty-six members of The Boys & Girls Club of St. Lucie County’s Ken Pruitt Unit took action against cuts in music education by entering VH1’s Save the Music Foundation Battle of the Bands contest. They submitted a music video that beat thousands of entries across the country and won the contest’s grand prize.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2010/jul/01/st-lucie-county-kids-win-grand-prize-in-vh1-at/

heres the link for the song, its terrific
    http://www.dosomething.org/bands/entry/ken-pruitt-unit-boys-girls-club-st-lucie-county

2. Loading...

3. Shadow205

Shadow205 New Member

Great story. The community should be very proud of those kids. I hope that they give them some special recognition around town preforming at special events. Is that Boy's & Girls Club up in the North end of Ft.Pierce? I recognized the House of Refuge beach. That is where I used to always go to the beach.

4. Beyond Belief

Beyond Belief New Member

Hello Shadow, long time no talk too!
    They filmed it down at the house of refuge which is Stuart I think, but the kids are PSL.

5. teedie2

teedie2 Active Member

I tried to listen to the video, but it only played 2 seconds at a time, pause to load, 2 more seconds, another pause to load. Is there another link for this? It sounded like it was going to be really good. I loved the introduction.